Deleterious

2008 Offseason Speculation/Rumors/Ideas

Mello isn't worth what he'd cost.

And they're not going to get a ship load either, which is why I would talk to them, though only - AND ONLY - if we can get Marcus Camby as well...

Sometimes teams just need a change .. some minor tweaks, some major .. and these are two teams, Denver and Detroit, that need major changes.

If he wants to win a championship, and if he knows that he only has a few good years left, he probably will opt out. Detroit seems like a logical choice because Boston, San Antonio, LA and most of the other teams with a good chance to win a title are already set at PF.

He has something like $44 million left on his deal still. It's nice to say you wanna play for a championship and all that, but I would have a hard time walking away from that much money.

And they're not going to get a ship load either, which is why I would talk to them, though only - AND ONLY - if we can get Marcus Camby as well... Sometimes teams just need a change .. some minor tweaks, some major .. and these are two teams, Denver and Detroit, that need major changes.
Yeah, the team that went to the ECF needs to make some HUGE changes. Del, you're probably right about Jermaine, after all, he is and NBA player. But the Pacers would probably make that trade in a heartbeat.

The same person I heard the Michael Curry information from has also informed me that Dumars has said that all five starters could be up for grabs if the right offer came along and that there are two (unnamed) starters he would like to trade. (Rasheed and...?)

Untouchables are Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell, Johnson

The same person I heard the Michael Curry information from has also informed me that Dumars has said that all five starters could be up for grabs if the right offer came along and that there are two (unnamed) starters he would like to trade. (Rasheed and...?)

Untouchables are Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell, Johnson

I can see Stuckey and Amir, but Afflalo and Max as untouchable? I really gotta question that. Both those guys are filler for any trade that makes us better.

yeah...no chance Max and Afflalo are untouchable except if you're simply saying that for the value they'd have on the trade market, Joe's not willing to move them.

In my opinion this team can go one of two ways.

1. Trade a starter (probably Sheed) and some filler for a decent offensive post up player that can rebound and play reasonable defense.

2. Trade 2 starters for an impact star player that will force double teams and can carry the team on their back. If this option were pursued I could say any two of the "big 4" being available to make the deal work.

Of a mediocre free agent crop I would like to see the team pursue Josh Childress as a back up to Tayshaun and Desagna Diop who has no offensive game but is a serious paint defender that can block shots which would be a needed addition of the bench.

One interesting aspect that I heard on the radio today was whether Dumars could do what he did when he put this team together and pluck a youngish player that hadn't gotten the chance yet to become a star. I think Okafor definitely falls into that category of player. Anyone else have names that pop into their head. Most of the names thrown out here are definitely established vet players on the downside of their prime. What about goinging younger?

In my opinion this team can go one of two ways.

1. Trade a starter (probably Sheed) and some filler for a decent offensive post up player that can rebound and play reasonable defense.

2. Trade 2 starters for an impact star player that will force double teams and can carry the team on their back. If this option were pursued I could say any two of the "big 4" being available to make the deal work.

Of a mediocre free agent crop I would like to see the team pursue Josh Childress as a back up to Tayshaun and Desagna Diop who has no offensive game but is a serious paint defender that can block shots which would be a needed addition of the bench.

One interesting aspect that I heard on the radio today was whether Dumars could do what he did when he put this team together and pluck a youngish player that hadn't gotten the chance yet to become a star. I think Okafor definitely falls into that category of player. Anyone else have names that pop into their head. Most of the names thrown out here are definitely established vet players on the downside of their prime. What about goinging younger?

The thing I don't like about Okafor is the fact he isn't an unknown. Ben was a backup till we snagged him, he hadn't gotten his shot yet. He was brought here, given starter minutes and flourished. Okafor has started since day one and is heavily involved in everything Charlotte does. Yet he really has not improved at all since his rookie season. His shooting % has gone up, but everything else is pretty much how it was the first day he got into the league.

On top of that, he is going to cost a fortune to get. Rumor is on some Charlotte sites that he already turned down a $13 million a year offer. To me, that is to high and I certainly don't want to go any higher to get him.

What about moving up in the draft? It seems to be consensus that the Pistons need another big man (preferably young) who can clog the paint on both ends. Doesn't Michael Beasley fit this bill perfectly?

I'm not saying that is the best course of action, or even likely, but what do you think it would take the Heat to trade the Pistons the #2 pick? Maybe Sheed + Prince and the 29th? I dunno, that is the trade offer I always come up with. Thoughts?

I'm not saying that is the best course of action, or even likely, but what do you think it would take the Heat to trade the Pistons the #2 pick? Maybe Sheed + Prince and the 29th? I dunno, that is the trade offer I always come up with. Thoughts?

I'd make this trade:

Pistons give: Sheed + Tay + 29th pick

Heat give: Marion + 2nd pick

Riley wants to win now, so that'd give him a starting lineup of Jason Williams, DWade, Prince, Haslem, and Sheed with Ricky Davis and Blount as well. That's pretty darn solid to compete for the East next year. If it didn't work out, then they'd get cap relief from Sheed's contract and be able to do something in free agency in 09.

Pistons would get an upgrade for Tay (I see Tay as Marion-Light), we'd be rid of Sheed's attitude for our fresh start under a new coach, and we'd have the 2nd pick in the draft.

Rip, Sheed, Afflalo for Boozer, Kiralenko

That's intriguing, although I'd rather send Prince off then Hamilton.

On another board, a Wizards fan proposed, Prince/Maxiell for Butler/filler. Washington fans want to dump Butler because of his injury issues, with Arenas, two injury prone players are a problem.

I'd make this trade:

That would be the absolute #1 situation for the Pistons. Easily the best trade idea yet. The only problem is that I agree with lesgoblu and I don't think Miami would do it. But we can always dream....

Johnson

Beasley

Marion

Rip

Chauncey

Max

Stuck

Afflalo

Dyess/MLE

DANG!

That would be the absolute #1 situation for the Pistons. Easily the best trade idea yet. The only problem is that I agree with lesgoblu and I don't think Miami would do it. But we can always dream....

Johnson

Beasley

Marion

Rip

Chauncey

Max

Stuck

Afflalo

Dyess/MLE

DANG!

Yes, that trade came from the other board I was looking at. It was actually a 4 teamer.

I'd make this trade:

Riley wants to win now, so that'd give him a starting lineup of Jason Williams, DWade, Prince, Haslem, and Sheed with Ricky Davis and Blount as well. That's pretty darn solid to compete for the East next year. If it didn't work out, then they'd get cap relief from Sheed's contract and be able to do something in free agency in 09.

Pistons would get an upgrade for Tay (I see Tay as Marion-Light), we'd be rid of Sheed's attitude for our fresh start under a new coach, and we'd have the 2nd pick in the draft.

Marion is an unrestricted free agent. Of course that doesn't mean that the Heat couldn't do a sign and trade. However, Marion's current salary is off the chart and he has never won squat.

Marion does not have the Pistons DNA. He played too long for D'Antonio at Phoenix. Marion's idea of defense is about what Anthony's is.

Marion's idea of defense is about what Anthony's is.

Huh? This is simply incorrect. Marion is a very good defener and has numbers to back it up.

Marion - 1.9 Steals, 1.3 blocks, 10.1 rebounds career average

Prince - 0.6 Steal, 0.6, 4.5 rebounds blocks career average

Just caught this one proposed by a Bucks fan on another board. Looks like it would have come from a Pistons fan.

Pistons Get:

Yi Jinlian

Bobby Simmons

Bucks Get:

Rasheed Wallace

#29 Overall

I can see Stuckey and Amir, but Afflalo and Max as untouchable? I really gotta question that. Both those guys are filler for any trade that makes us better.

Maxiell is easily our most polished low post presence if Rasheed leaves and McDyess retires (1 year away). He started in the playoffs and played well, I don't think the organization views him as "filler"

Afflalo was a surprise to me too, but he is already a good perimeter defender and can be a scorer. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie, and if Rip leaves then he's immediately going to get heavy minutes. (remember we're losing Lindsey too)

Maxiell is easily our most polished low post presence if Rasheed leaves and McDyess retires (1 year away). He started in the playoffs and played well, I don't think the organization views him as "filler"

Afflalo was a surprise to me too, but he is already a good perimeter defender and can be a scorer. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie, and if Rip leaves then he's immediately going to get heavy minutes. (remember we're losing Lindsey too)

Max is a nice story, but he has a lot of limitations. He has probably already hit his ceiling. He is far closer to filler then untouchable.

There are only two names we should be talking about at this point. Hot Sauce and The Professor. I’d like to see Boston’s D even try to stop HS driving the lane with his Slow MO Cross. Here it comes, KG… Slow MO Cross! His name is Tha Show. His name is Tha Show. Too easy too easy

Uh, oh. Didn’t work. Better try The Boomerang!

During timeouts they could share some Mountain Dew Code Red with the other players.

Just thinking out loud here