Buddahfan

Zeke, Joe and Microwave Revisited

Rip, C-Bill and Hot Rod last night reminded me of Zeke, Joe and Microwave.

It has taken Joe D. a few years and a few draft and trade mistakes, before he has finally created a 3 guard rotation in the tradition of Zeke, Joe and Microwave.

Its nice to see it happening. A great 3 guard combo. A Pistons winning tradition.

Rip, C-Bill and Hot Rod last night reminded me of Zeke, Joe and Microwave.

It has taken Joe D. a few years and a few draft and trade mistakes, before he has finally created a 3 guard rotation in the tradition of Zeke, Joe and Microwave.

Its nice to see it happening. A great 3 guard combo. A Pistons winning tradition.

Except they should do everything in their power to trade Billups this off season.

Except they should do everything in their power to trade Billups this off season.

Yeah, because that wouldn't hurt the chemistry at all.

Seriously, while Billups value is as high as it is probably going to be from this point out and we have Stuckey being groomed, it would be a PR nightmare (and i mean more to the other players than the fans) if Billups was traded. If he declines drastically and we are saddled with a poor contract 2 years down the road, oh well. We still have Stuckey to take his spot and I happen to think that the negative effect on the team if he was traded would be much much worse than the reduced trade value (even if his value is 0 down the road) that he would have.

We have a guy in Stuckey who is willing to come in as the 3rd guard and keep reducing Billups' and Hamilton's minutes (as opposed to if we had drafted someone who wasn't willing to fill a very important role if they weren't starting).

If Billups were traded it would send a very bad message to the rest of the team as well as other players in the league who were looking at the possiblity of signing here or somewhere else for the same (or less) money.

Billups and Maxiell for the #2 pick from Miami?

In fantasy basketball something like this might help the team, but not in the real world.

Or not...what was that thing you were telling me about a foot and a mouth and an idiot....

Yeah, because that wouldn't hurt the chemistry at all.

If Billups were traded it would send a very bad message to the rest of the team as well as other players in the league who were looking at the possiblity of signing here or somewhere else for the same (or less) money.

A ton of stupid things about your post, but none more so then this right here.

The Pistons have been to the ECF 6 times in a row, and still nobody will sign here for a reduced contract. In fact, Detroit still has to grossly over pay FA's to come here (see Nazr)

In fantasy basketball something like this might help the team, but not in the real world.

Billups & Tayshaun for Tracy McGrady?

Or not...what was that thing you were telling me about a foot and a mouth and an idiot....

I said you are an idiot, stop posting and proving me right :classic:

Billups and Maxiell for the #2 pick from Miami?

Something like that is the only scenario in which I would trade Chauncey (ie Pistons get either Rose or Beasley in return).

A ton of stupid things about your post, but none more so then this right here.

The Pistons have been to the ECF 6 times in a row, and still nobody will sign here for a reduced contract. In fact, Detroit still has to grossly over pay FA's to come here (see Nazr)

Actually if you look at my post I said

sign for the same (or less).

Billups and Dyess both signed for the same or less than they could have gotten somewhere else. Weber signed for the same offer than he had other places. Nazr had similar offers on the table (the exemption for 6 years).

So if that is the most stupid thing about the post, I guess there wasn't that much stupid about it. Unless of course you would like to enlighten me on how trading Billups this off season, while it may help in fantasy basketball, would be a benefit to this team.

Dumars won't trade Billups into the Eastern Conference, I'm sorry.

Yeah, but Benke .. what if they tried a three way deal, something like...

Houston/Denver gets; Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince

Miami gets; Tracy McGrady/Carmelo Anthony

Detroit gets; second pick in the NBA draft

...would that work?

Dumars won't trade Billups into the Eastern Conference, I'm sorry.

I don't see him trading Billups at all. If there is a starter traded this offseason (which I highly doubt there will be) my money would be on Rip.

...would that work?

Just as long as there is no foreign player that could be taken over Michael Beasley .. sure.

Just as long as there is no foreign player that could be taken over Michael Beasley .. sure.

Benke, you can get that demon cast out of you you know. :-)

Actually if you look at my post I said

Billups and Dyess both signed for the same or less than they could have gotten somewhere else. Weber signed for the same offer than he had other places. Nazr had similar offers on the table (the exemption for 6 years).

So if that is the most stupid thing about the post, I guess there wasn't that much stupid about it. Unless of course you would like to enlighten me on how trading Billups this off season, while it may help in fantasy basketball, would be a benefit to this team.

Webber hahaha man, stop just stop. You morons are making things painful today :(

Webber was bought out of his deal. That means wherever he signed, his original team paid the difference of this deal. So basically he was going to sign the same deal with any team he signed with. Money was not an issue in signing. He didnt take more, he didnt take less money playing here. Honestly, do you think he comes here if he didn't grow up here?

As far as Billups and McDyess one was a cripple coming off multiple knee surgeries. Not sure what time you are talking about with Billups. When he first came here, nobody wanted him. Last year, nobody still wanted him because he didn't get one offer from another team in his free agency period. I will admit, the salary cap plays into that somewhat.

As far as Nazr, nobody in their right mind was giving him the full MLE. Jesus christ, San Antonio was in need of big men at the time and wouldn't even offer him a contract.

Boston is showing a few lottery teams, a quick fix could no doubt help in the short term .. so maybe Dumars can get in on that, who knows.

You morons are making things painful today :(

Come on .. people .. the original Detroit D'Train is here, don't insult the man!

You've got to bring it in the Pistons forum .. bottom line, come strong :knocked:

Come on .. people .. the original Detroit D'Train is here, don't insult the man!

You've got to bring it in the Pistons forum .. bottom line, come strong :knocked:

At least give me a caps lock response.

At least give me a caps lock response.

I am working on not doing that .. still :ponder:

Bottom line, to the thread at hand .. they played one great game together; Billups, Rip and Stuck, which is great, but lets see if they can keep it up.

I am working on not doing that .. still :ponder:

Bottom line, to the thread at hand .. they played one great game together; Billups, Rip and Stuck, which is great, but lets see if they can keep it up.

Well thats crap, it was kind of your signature trademark. If the Pistons win, at least bring it out for one post.

Well thats crap, it was kind of your signature trademark. If the Pistons win, at least bring it out for one post.

Oh, yeah .. if the Pistons win, it'll come out, I'm sure :classic: