Detroit Pistons

pistons.png

Billups/Hamilton/Prince/Wallace/McDyess

at

Boston Celtics

00-Celticslogos.gif

4149.jpg3080.jpg3253.jpg3007.jpg3730.jpg

Rondo/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Perkins

I wonder how many open looks Garnett will get tonight and then the eventual posts that say "Well he can't hit 7-for-11 every night."

On one of those shots I think he pitched a tent before taking the shot.

We now have lost 5 straight games in the ECF games over 2 years.

Does anyone know what the record for most consecutive losses in Conference Finals by a team is?

Thanks.

I have a sick feeling about coming back to Detroit. I really want this one, TONIGHT. I don't think the Celtics will go winless on the road for the entire playoff run.

I have a sick feeling about coming back to Detroit. I really want this one, TONIGHT. I don't think the Celtics will go winless on the road for the entire playoff run.

I do. I think they will make the Finals without ever losing at home or winning on the road. They are as Jeykell-and-Hyde as the Pistons, except that they are totally predictable: win at home, lose on the road. I think Detroit has a better chance of stealing one in Boston than the other way around, but I don't think it'll happen.

I wonder how many open looks Garnett will get tonight and then the eventual posts that say "Well he can't hit 7-for-11 every night."

On one of those shots I think he pitched a tent before taking the shot.

He can't, and he won't. (and it was 11-17, 4-6 from 18 ft and beyond).

DaBishop,

I was making up numbers for tonight's game. Initially I was going to put 9 for-12 but figured that would be a bit ridculous. I wasn't trying to cite numbers from the previous game.

GO PISTONS!

I'm not giving up on the series. Just having a little fun today.

Actually I'm kind of pumped up for this game.

Pistons will win tonight because the 2 seven game series will catch up with the Celts.. watch for them to fade out in the 4th..I am going with a 7pt win for the Stones

Go Stons

DaBishop,

I was making up numbers for tonight's game. Initially I was going to put 9 for-12 but figured that would be a bit ridculous. I wasn't trying to cite numbers from the previous game.

GO PISTONS!

exactly...and yet it's close to what he did in Game 1...not gonna happen twice. Pierce may put up 40, but Garnett doesn't break 20 tonight.

the one mistake I thought the Pistons made in Game 1 was that I thought they should have pushed a lot more in the first half. Granted, Boston shot 51% which makes it hard to run, but I thought, even if it meant losing game 1, that we should have run the C's up and down in that first half at the very least. We were bound to be a bit rusty anyway, might as well play a bit out of character and at the same time try and compound how tired the C's must be by now.

Here's the thing about everybody saying the Celtics should be tired.... they won't feel that until the END of this series. Back to back 7 game series are bad, but wait until this one gets pushed to 5, 6, 7 games. THAT's when they'll start to feel their legs.

Pistons will win tonight because the 2 seven game series will catch up with the Celts.. watch for them to fade out in the 4th..I am going with a 7pt win for the Stones

Go Stons

Billups/Hamiton will play better tonight as well, they were off in game 1.

Here's the thing about everybody saying the Celtics should be tired.... they won't feel that until the END of this series. Back to back 7 game series are bad, but wait until this one gets pushed to 5, 6, 7 games. THAT's when they'll start to feel their legs.

Why would they feel anymore tired at game 5/6/7 then they are now, they've been playing every other day for the past 15 games, after 16/17/18/19 won't make that much difference. I think being tired is over rated anyway, it's not like they are digging ditches every day, they play a game with a full days rest in between.

Why would they feel anymore tired at game 5/6/7 then they are now, they've been playing every other day for the past 15 games, after 16/17/18/19 won't make that much difference. I think being tired is over rated anyway, it's not like they are digging ditches every day, they play a game with a full days rest in between.

I guess you can question the validity of fatigue playing a part. But if there is any validity to that at all, it's common sense to assume the fatigue would be worse at the end of the 3rd series, rather than at the beginning.

Why do they play "The Final Countdown" immediately after the Celtics are introduced in Boston?

What are they trying to do?

Boston hitting everything..

I think our defense looks great still... as does Dice.

What a rotten last few minutes... Chauncey blocked, Rip blocked, Allen whining incessantly, Prince giving the ball away.

Furious. I think we'll win this series but for some reason I can't stand watching it. What kind of fan is that?

The D is there but, they need to keep KJ off the paint..

Ugly start. The officiating has been rotten on both sides. I hate the way the NBA is reffed. Makes it so hard to watch when your team is down.

We've got to stop getting blocked and stripped. Boston may have a good defense, but we should at least be able to hold onto the stupid ball...