Sign in to follow this  
sir gene kingsale

Mike DiFelice

I thought it was the right move at the time to let him go, but clearly I was wrong and the Tigers made a mistake. The guy is good enough to play a major role for the first place Rays, but isn't good enough for the last place Tigers. Amazing.

The Tigers would be a better team with this guy. He was a terrific clubhouse prescence which went along with his gold glove defense. I can tell you one thing, if he were on the Tigers, we would NEVER see any errors at catcher. Proof - he has 0 errors this year. Also, he's a .300 hitter, not to mention all his hits are in clutch situations. He's driving in runs like they're going out of style. Don't tell me the Tigers couldn't use a .300 hitter.

I'd like to see you dispute this chasfh. I used stats in my argument.

Ahhh...He is hitting .300 with 20 at-bats and has 4 RBI. I think you are a little off on this one.

DiFelice was outrighted to Durham on April 26th, where his current BA is .164. He is well thought of, however, in Rays territory. The active catchers are Navarro and Riggans.

DiFelice was outrighted to Durham on April 26th, where his current BA is .164. He is well thought of, however, in Rays territory. The active catchers are Navarro and Riggans.

Thats not the point. He's good enough to have an awesome season this year while in the majors for an awesome team. And the Tigers let him go for nothing. They should have traded him for Carl Crawford when they had the chance.

I thought it was the right move at the time to let him go, but clearly I was wrong and the Tigers made a mistake. The guy is good enough to play a major role for the first place Rays, but isn't good enough for the last place Tigers. Amazing.

The Tigers would be a better team with this guy. He was a terrific clubhouse prescence which went along with his gold glove defense. I can tell you one thing, if he were on the Tigers, we would NEVER see any errors at catcher. Proof - he has 0 errors this year. Also, he's a .300 hitter, not to mention all his hits are in clutch situations. He's driving in runs like they're going out of style. Don't tell me the Tigers couldn't use a .300 hitter.

I'd like to see you dispute this chasfh. I used stats in my argument.

Come on - you AREN'T serious with this are you? :shocked:

Ahhh...He is hitting .300 with 20 at-bats and has 4 RBI. I think you are a little off on this one.

Cool. 6 for 20!

My father-in-law knows the guy pretty well from his time in St.Louis. Says he is a pretty nice guy. Used to patron his business quite a bit..but as ballplayer..not sure he is a game-changer.

The DiFelice, he lives inside of my head.

The DiFelice, he comes to me in my bed.

The DiFelice, he's coming to arrest me, oh no.

Cause he's waiting for me.

He's looking for me.

Evry single night he's driving me insane.

That man inside my brain.

If Al Gore knew that stuff like this was going to happen, he wouldn't have invented the Internet!

He never said that, he said that he played a key role in getting the internet into more of a public role....and he did, along with a few other Senators, play a key role in it.

Anyway, the Tigers should be looking to pick up a young catcher that can move into that starting role next season....someone in their mid 20's, not mid 30's. I don't think Inge will take over, I think he is going to end up our permanent third baseman.

I think the Padres have a prospect or two and they need some hitters....just saying Nick Hundley might not be a bad short term backup, long term starter....

This thread is obviously a spoof on the Casey thread. I thought it was pretty funny.

This thread is obviously a spoof on the Casey thread. I thought it was pretty funny.

I agree... I'm suprised so many people didn't get it. There's some pretty obvious clues in the OP.

joke threqd or not.......i saw difelice play last week in durham, was not impressed.