RedRamage

Second round pick: Jordon Dizon, OLB

Jordon Dizon, OLB

Sounds like a nice pick. Don't know a whole lot about him, but he's a need pick and ESPN seems to think he could be a nice MLB:

Link

The buzz: Dizon is considered undersized by some, but others feel he can be a highly productive middle linebacker. He could slot right in next to last year's first-round pick Ernie Sims, but will have to beat out gritty veteran Paris Lenon first.

I think the knock on Conner is his speed. I liked the tape on saw on Dizon. Another Marinelli pick.

I don't understand this pick at all. This may be one of the worst ever. This guy is small. He's not strong. He's no physical presence whatsoever. Trevor Laws or Ray Rice should have been the pick here.

Typical.

You have Conner #27 on your own prospect list, and you don't have Dizon on your top 100 at all. You are down on Conner now, while being up on Dizon, when Dizon's flaws are the same as Conner's only more exteme (slower, weaker, smaller).

You have Conner #27 on your own prospect list, and you don't have Dizon on your top 100 at all. You are down on Conner now, while being up on Dizon, when Dizon's flaws are the same as Conner's only more exteme (slower, weaker, smaller).

That's an old list with a margin for error. Don't take it literally. I was only trying to help people.

27. Dan Connor, LB, PSU- He's a tough guy to read, and he's also a tough guy. I don't see him as a MLB, but more as a SLB. He'll be a good player, and a safe pick.

That's it with these personal attacks. Idiots take out their hatred of the Lions on me. Screw em. You want to do a top 100 with your own material a month before the draft? I'd like to see how accurate. Who had a mock even remotely as accurate as mine? Your's? You didn't post one. I did.

You're welcome.

Oh, by the way...when did I ever call it a great pick, that the Lions are going to go to the Super Bowl? I didn't. They still have a lot of work to do. This pick is on Rod Marinelli. This player profiles exactly like Ryan Nece and Cato June.

No one would attack you, if you stuck by your *opinions*. The problem is that it seems players dramatically improve in your eyes once they join the Lions/Tigers organizations, while alternatives that people suggest are put down by you, although your own prospect list rated them higher before the draft. Can you see why people are puzzled by this, and are pointing it out to you?

PS: I don't have all that much problem with the Cherilus pick, except for the way the Lions went about it, trading down away from a better OL prospect. Dizon though, I don't think is very defensible.

Jordon Dizon, OLB

Sounds like a nice pick.

Link

With all due respect Cruzer, how can this be a good pick if he's not even on your top 100? Why even spend the time to do a top 100 if the Lions pick an undersized, slow LB in Rd. 2 at pick 45 and you say it's a nice pick? This is what the Lions do. They did it with Alama-Francis. They could have gotten this kid at #66 or #81. This pick is horrendous. Stand by your list.

No one would attack you, if you stuck by your *opinions*. The problem is that it seems players dramatically improve in your eyes once they join the Lions/Tigers organizations, while alternatives that people suggest are put down by you, although your own prospect list rated them higher before the draft. Can you see why people are puzzled by this, and are pointing it out to you?

PS: I don't have all that much problem with the Cherilus pick, except for the way the Lions went about it, trading down away from a better OL prospect. Dizon though, I don't think is very defensible.

Wow, this is a little uncalled for.

Well, after he just said I personally attacked him with my previous post (which I didn't), and was an idiot for doing so, it's rather tame.

I applaud Cruzer for making his list, and I like his enthusiasm, but he needs to stand behind his list. Just once, I'd like to see him say "I don't get this pick", or "this guy was a reach at that position", but rather he goes against his own research and tells us these guys were good picks, and alternatives brought up by others in the draft thread would have been lesser choices.

What part? We just drafted a guy who isn't on his top 100 list at pick #45 and he said it was a good pick. We have a pick at 66 and in the 80's where this guy would be available according to his own list. We draft him at #45. That is not a good pick.

Well, after he just said I personally attacked him with my previous post (which I didn't), and was an idiot for doing so, it's rather tame.

I thought you showed amazing self-control. You rip me alot worse than that for alot less. :cheeky:

It's really easy to second guess someone elses work when you're not doing any of your own. You could always help your cause by posting your top 100 so we can compare? Or we can just move on from the gotcha game and get back to talking football?

It's really easy to second guess someone elses work when you're not doing any of your own. You could always help your cause by posting your top 100 so we can compare? Or we can just move on from the gotcha game and get back to talking football?

We're not ripping his top 100 at all. I love his top 100.

We're not ripping his top 100 at all. I love his top 100.

Why? So you can use it to point out that after compiling 100 names he inadvertantly missed one?

Dizon was interviewed by the Lions, Kowalski named him as a fallback to Mayo and Lofton weeks ago. Just because Cruzer didn't put him on his list doesn't invalidate his opinion of him as a good player and good pick.

I like the Dizon pick much better than their 1st round pick. I haven't seen him play but after a little reading it's pretty clear why the Lions took him - he's an effing tackling machine, period. He had 463 total tackles, 173 last season for an average of 13.31 per game. These are the kind of guys the Lions need on defense.

I just hope he can play the middle.

Why? So you can use it to point out that after compiling 100 names he inadvertantly missed one?

Dizon was interviewed by the Lions, Kowalski named him as a fallback to Mayo and Lofton weeks ago. Just because Cruzer didn't put him on his list doesn't invalidate his opinion of him as a good player and good pick.

I like Cruzer's list because it's interesting. It's great for the board. Why does he put it out there if we can't talk about it? So, because Kowalski named him as a fallback, it's an acceptable pick? That's called Lion kool-aid and we all drink it. This guy is a complete reach at #45. Cruzer's list proves this to me because I give his list credibility. I don't know why he defends the Lions like he does. Why not let Cruzer defend Cruzer?

I like the Dizon pick much better than their 1st round pick. I haven't seen him play but after a little reading it's pretty clear why the Lions took him - he's an effing tackling machine, period. He had 463 total tackles, 173 last season for an average of 13.31 per game. These are the kind of guys the Lions need on defense.

I just hope he can play the middle.

I'll say this. He cannot be worse than Boss Bailey, that's for sure. I just think if the Lions like him so much they should have gambled and waited until pick #66. There was a great chance he'd still be there. Here, he's rated #114. This kid may be a great player, but it doesn't change the fact he'd probably be available later.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/top_100_prospects.htm

Good point and you might be right but then again Mayo was a reach for the Lions at #15... at least that's what everyone thought until NE took him at #10. LB is one of the Lions greatest needs and with Mayo #10 and Lofton #37 both gone I'm not sure it would be worth it to take a chance.

Good point and you might be right but then again Mayo was a reach for the Lions at #15... at least that's what everyone thought until NE took him at #10. LB is one of the Lions greatest needs and with Mayo #10 and Lofton #37 both gone I'm not sure it would be worth it to take a chance.

I'm not questioning the positions they drafted, just the players they selected. Seemed to be better options available for the Lions at both spots.