Buddahfan

Granderson's Return And His New Leg Problems

This is simply management trying to determine to give him a day off today and rest his legs or activate him today and have him in the line up. Nothing more, nothing less....................

We should know a LOT of things -- I would think around 3 p.m. today.

Who goes down, IS Grandy activated today or tomorrow, who is whinning about playing time moving forward (hint, hint, the Inge wants to be traded will begin again) and all things BASEBALL !!!

Could provide to be interesting ...................until then, we just have to wait it out!

Trust me..............

...............I've got as much interest in the decisions of the day as anyone and I'm on pins and needles myself !!!

what will it be?

In all seriousness, all of these injury problems that the Tigers have can not just be chalked up to bad luck and old players.

The player in question is the most prominent injury we have, not to mention .. the only player to visit the DL. So how old is Curtis Granderson?

Over 25 years ago I had my right leg by the ankle crushed in a snowmobile accident. It took out over an inch of bone in my Tibia and and a half of inch of bone in my Fibia.

You have the right doctors you get the right results.

Starting with a doctor who knows where to find your "fibia." I'm 100% certain that Granderson's doctors can't find his "fibia."

Starting with a doctor who knows where to find your "fibia." I'm 100% certain that Granderson's doctors can't find his "fibia."

I think that's the bone where lies are stored until you need to use one.

We need Biff to solve this. He's an expert on bones. He'll get right on it.

You have the right doctors you get the right results.

And sometimes you get the wrong results. After all, even the best doctors are human. They're not right all the time.

And how are you supposed to know if you have the "right" doctor? Are there signs above each doctor's office that list all of the people that that doctor is the "right" doctor for? The right doctor for one person may be the wrong doctor for a different person, for a whole host of different reasons.

Sorry, but there's a lot more involved than just finding the "right" doctor, even if it were possible to easily determine exactly who that doctor is.

And what's the deal with comparing an injury you had 25 years ago to the condition you are in now? How is that relevant to the Tigers' players? Do they have 25 years to recover from their injuries? Perhaps the condition that you're in now in regards to that injury is the same as how you were 24.5 years ago, I don't know, I just found it odd that you compared a really old injury to your current condition to demonstrate your point about finding the right doctors.

The fibia is next to the tibula.

I'm slow today. Didn't get this until the third time reading it - but then I cracked up laughing. Good one.

Clete will be playing with Toledo tomorrow @ Columbus, so, I am assuming Granderson IS in the lineup tonight!

Clete will be playing with Toledo tomorrow @ Columbus, so, I am assuming Granderson IS in the lineup tonight!

Thanks for the update! Will definitely miss Clete up here, but it's great to know we have him available if Jones doesn't keep hitting like he did last night.

Buddha,

Curtis has been doing more cardio in this month than I complete in a year. As someone mentioned, there is a difference between game shape and practice.

You can run sprints till you're blue in the face, but you can't match the adrenaline of running in a game, whether it's in CF or on the bases.

Short answer to your question is yes, this is normal. They said tightness in his legs, not that he snapped a bone.

Buddha,

Curtis has been doing more cardio in this month than I complete in a year. As someone mentioned, there is a difference between game shape and practice.

You can run sprints till you're blue in the face, but you can't match the adrenaline of running in a game, whether it's in CF or on the bases.

Short answer to your question is yes, this is normal. They said tightness in his legs, not that he snapped a bone.

John, please refrain from injecting logic into our MTS threads. This is your final warning!

Buddha,

Had Curtis given us the proper rehab updates via his blog all of this confusion could've been avoided. :classic:

I don't buy it.

McDyess was more than injury prone when the Pistons got him. He was Med school study of an NBA player with major knee problems and operations.

He may not be as effective as he once was but he shows up every game and played almost 30 minutes a game this year. If you don't think running up and down on a hardwood floor is bad on your knees. Try it for 15 years and let me know.

Sorry. I don't buy the injury prone bit.

Now we have Sheffield with scare tissue and pain in his shoulder after another operation and the Tigers solution is to give him a cortisone shot. Talk about archaic treatment. Why don't they have him do shoulder strengthening exercises and the like?

What happens when the affects of the shot wear off. He will be in worse shape than before.

The pistons training staff has a reputation as being one of the best in sports.

as for strengthing exercises, as a Softball player going through "Golfers Elbow" I can tell you that the 162 game grind and day in and day out play, as well as the desire to not be injured for as long, makes some of these injuries just a way of life. Our elbows and shoulders weren't meant for the type of impact they get from throwing a baseball and swinging a bat (like sheff does especially) and some people are more likely to have those injjuries.

OK I've tried to be diplomatic, but this is possibly one of the most dumb assed posts I've ever witnessed on this board.

I am in 99% agreement with you. It is worth pointing out, like Will the Thrill, that about once a year the Detroit News or Free Press writes an article about how Mike Abdenour, the trainer for the Pistons, has worked with this player or that one (McDyess is the latest example) to rehab them, and these players credit him with rescuing their careers. (Of course there is also Grant Hill...)

I think it is reasonable to believe a training staff could make some difference in helping players avoid injury, but it's not reasonable (it's downright tiresome) to assume that every performance problem can be traced to a coach or a trainer.

When we signed Pudge, his back was shot.

When we signed Ordonez, his knee was rotting away.

When we signed Sheffield, he had just missed most of the season with the Yankees.

When we signed Vina, his legs were shot.

When we signed Percival, he had lost a lot of velocity.

Guillen and Polanco both missed tons of games with their prior teams.

Rogers was out most of last year. Willis and Bonderman both tried to pitch while injured last year.

Zumaya dropped a box on his shoulder. Rodney is never healthy.

Yep, clearly the coaching/training staff is the issue here. C'mon guys, it's a no brainer!

What gives here?

He was caught stealing only once all of last year

And now he is caught in his second game and first attempt of the year?

Did he forget how to read pitchers?

I know you're only looking for a reaction here but the level of stupidity is so great that I can't stand to not respond. Damn you.

I know you're only looking for a reaction here but the level of stupidity is so great that I can't stand to not respond. Damn you.

You must resist... The dark side is strong within this one. Be strong.

What gives here?

No, but I sure wish I could forget how to read English right about now ....... :tired:

What gives here?

I'm literally shaking my head.