Shinma

4/24. Avalanche @ Red Wings. West Conf Semis. Game 1. 7:30 pm. FSN-D/Vs.

Who wins, and how many games?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, and how many games?

• Detroit. 4 games.
    • Detroit. 5 games.
    • Detroit. 6 games.
    • Detroit. 7 games.
    • Colorado. 4 games.
    • Colorado. 5 games.
    • Colorado. 6 games.
    • Colorado. 7 games.

WOW!!! Wings win!!! what a couple of minutes there..Ozzie........... I just wish someone could of gotten an empty netter there at the end.. well my 5-1 went down the tube long time ago, but I will take a W any day!

GO WINGS

Yep, I expected the Wings to shut the door tighter in the 3rd period, but in the playoffs a win is a win is a win.

Hope the Wings rattled Theodore's confidence a bit. I'm sure he's back for Game 2.

EDIT: Apparently Theodore went to the hospital with an illness. Sunburn on the back of his necK?!

Kudos to the DRW .... a great team effort. The AVs played well too, especially in the 2nd period. Wings will have to neutralized Ryan Smyth. Smyth was a big part of the AVs effort this game.

Hope the Wings rattled Theodore's confidence a bit. I'm sure he's back for Game 2.

EDIT: Apparently Theodore went to the hospital with an illness. Sunburn on the back of his necK?!

hahah. yeah I thought it was odd that he went to the hospital for an illness.

Anyone here anything more on Peter Forsberg. He worried me a little bit.

Man what a finish to the game tonight. My adreneline is still through the roof after watching those last 3 minutes.

According to Ted Kulfan in the News, Avs coach Joel Quenneville is "hopeful" that Wojtek Wolski, who left the game with an upper-body injury "will be available in the series". From the Denver Post:

Before Game 1 of their second-round series with the Red Wings, the Avalanche lost one of its top two left wingers tonight. Halfway through the first period, the Avs lost the other one.

Wojtek Wolski was injured after a collision between teammate Ruslan Salei and Detroit's Johan Franzen, when Franzen was pushed into Wolski.

Wolski appeared to twist a leg in the collision, walked gingerly to the dressing room and didn't return. The Avs called it an "upper body" injury.

Salei lined up Franzen for a big hip check, and got a good piece of him - maybe too good for Wolski's sake.

Just in case you guys don't know, NHL.com made a pretty significant upgrade to its site last week. Here is its 5-minute highlights package of tonight's game, complete with original Versus play-by-play. You can also click to direct access to a long list of specific goals, hits and saves from tonight's game.

Just in case you guys don't know, NHL.com made a pretty significant upgrade to its site last week. Here is its 5-minute highlights package of tonight's game, complete with original Versus play-by-play. You can also click to direct access to a long list of specific goals, hits and saves from tonight's game.

Great video of game highlights. Great resource too. I wasn't aware of this site.

What the HEELLL was Rafalski doing leaving the front of the net wide open???

Raffie's been making some bone head plays lately ..... uncharacteristic.

Rafalski lifted the stick of the forward he was covering, which allowed the puck to pass through them onto the other side of the net. He looked like a person who wanted to crawl in a hole and die when it led to a quality scoring chance.

Great video of game highlights. Great resource too. I wasn't aware of this site.

Every single one of my video highlight links goes there...

You all knew there was video highlights of the previous game in every GDT, right?

You all knew there was video highlights of the previous game in every GDT, right?

nope, there's a ton of information in the GDT so I tend to skip past it to get into the thread.

nope, there's a ton of information in the GDT so I tend to skip past it to get into the thread.

Ah. Well now you know. Heh.

It was the same way for all of the Lions GDTs I put up last year.

Video highlights? In a Lions thread? Highlights? Really?

Most times they are lowlights, lol. But yeah.

Every single one of my video highlight links goes there...

Shin ..... my apologies. Totally feel bad I didn't notice that you have the video highlights of the previous game at the beginning of your GDT. Guess I better pay closer attention.

Well, I definitely know now ........ Jeeezz .. and thanks again for all your efforts.:happy:

Rafalski lifted the stick of the forward he was covering, which allowed the puck to pass through them onto the other side of the net. He looked like a person who wanted to crawl in a hole and die when it led to a quality scoring chance.

Yeah right. Not intending to be overly-critical of Rafalski, everyone's entitled to a gaffe once in awhile, but his action did present a golden opportunity to the AVs Lile sneaking up behind toward the net and Ozzie. My heart quit beating for a bit there.

And as for gaffes, Shinma just pointed out to me that his GDTs always have the video highlights of the previous WING game and I didn't even notice. Do now though ...lol.:grin:

Yeah right. Not intending to be overly-critical of Rafael's, everyone's entitled to a gaffe once in awhile, but his action did present a golden opportunity to the Aves Lille sneaking up behind toward the net and Ozzie. My heart quit beating for a bit there.

And as for gaffes, Shinma just pointed out to me that his GD Ts always have the video highlights of the previous WING game and I didn't even notice. Do now though ...lol.:grin:

Even though Rafalski was not to blame in this incident, I don't think you're wrong about his overall play thus far in these playoffs. It has been noticeably suspect.

I wrote a couple of days ago, that I feel Kronwall has passed Rafalski as our

2nd best defense-man. That's partly because Kronner is playing great, and partly because Rafalski has struggled.

Edit: I think the real issue was we had too many forwards along the boards. One of them has to peel off and guard the center of the ice. Since Zetterberg is the center, that's his responsibility. Either way, it's inexcusable to give up that good of a chance at that stage in the game. They can all get down on their knees and thank Ozzie for coming up with the save of the season.

Even though Rafalski was not to blame in this incident, I don't think you're wrong about his overall play thus far in these playoffs. It has been noticeably suspect.

I wrote a couple of days ago, that I feel Kronwall has passed Rafalski as our

2nd best defense-man. That's partly because Kronner is playing great, and partly because Rafalski has struggled.

Edit: I think the real issue was we had too many forwards along the boards. One of them has to peel off and guard the center of the ice. Since Zetterberg is the center, that's his responsibility. Either way, it's inexcusable to give up that good of a chance at that stage in the game. They can all get down on their knees and thank Ozzie for coming up with the save of the season.

You're 100% correct. Rafalski is NOT to blame on that one. He had Ryan Smyth, his responsibility, covered to the left of Ozzie. One WING forward along the right side boards, or Datsyuk, should have positioned to prevent a back door move.

I probably have been on Rafalski's case a little more than I should because, as you say, his play of late, has been a bit suspect.

I hope the WINGS are looking at film and videos so they can get the issues they need to work on resolved before next game.

The AVs SMYTH, STASTNY, BRUNETTE, and LILE, in particular, all had too many scoring opps.

Since i've seen multiple spellings of his name, I should probably mention that its spelled Liles. John-Michael Liles. He went to Michigan State. :-).

Since i've seen multiple spellings of his name, I should probably mention that its spelled Liles. John-Michael Liles. He went to Michigan State. :-).

Ahhh. Spartan. Didn't know that. Nice to see home grown guys do so well.

Its too bad he is going to be golfing next week.