dt35456884

Detroit Tigers Hall of Fame - 2008 Elections

I was thinking something along the lines of the election results presented in several different ways: alphabetical, positionally, and by year with inducted players bolded in each list, so that you know they are inducted. Basically, these results would be included in tables before all of the profiles. The profiles then would be by order of induction with an index in the back of the book helping to find players if needed.

We can't arbitrarily draw a line on players not in. Either all players still up for consideration or none. Cherry picking Whitehill and Barrett would be unfair to the others in my opinion.

Edman,

It's not hard to do. They are the ones that create controversy and great essays. They are the ones that generally have the highest pct of votes that don't make it in. That's not showing favoritism. We have the statistics to make it statistic based. Heck, we can do a vote among people if we want to.

One day in the near future I'm just going to run with this and just start plotting it together. It's not going to be hard. I have most of the write ups already in one spot.

The toughest thing will be finding a way to get it published, but that won't be hard either. That's just a matter of getting off my butt and doing it.

One day in the near future I'm just going to run with this and just start plotting it together. It's not going to be hard. I have most of the write ups already in one spot.

The toughest thing will be finding a way to get it published, but that won't be hard either. That's just a matter of getting off my butt and doing it.

The self publishing sites look pretty good. I played around with the Lulu site a while ago to see what a book would look like. The text looks like it shouldn't be a problem. Inserting pictures and statistical charts might be more challenging.

I agree with Red Shark that we should stick mostly to the Hall of Famers. I don't think the general public will find the Whitehill saga juicy. Most people won't read the whole book. They are going to just flip through it and look at players that interest them. Having essays on Barrett and Whitehill could confuse people and make them think those guys made it. There could be a best of the rest section but I don't know if long essays on those guys is a good idea.

Edman's idea of presenting the Hall Of Famers and the elections in different ways using charts would make a good appendix.