PuNk42AE

Brian Bluhm Day

We miss you Bud.

Hard to believe it's been a year, this is your Forum Brian. Such a tragic day, and devistating to so many families and friends.

God Bless everyone of us on here and our families.

Yeah as spring training went on and it got closer it just went back to seeming unreal. Plus to me it seems like it happened just a short time ago, like around the end of the 07 baseball season. Going to be a somber affair all around.

Still today, we feel the loss as much as a year ago. I can not post without the tears for you and my Son Ryan. Two Tiger fans who helped create what I am now.

1516268466_8f4cd4bc34.jpg

I'll never forget the feelings I got when I went back to the ballpark here in GR and saw Brian's plaque for the first time since we dedicated it. A strong rush of emotion overcame me, and I teared up a bit.

On the Whitecaps Opening Day I had a little chat with Jim Jarecki, the team's VP. He was the guy I worked with in getting the plaque put together. He told me that Brian's plaque had a stronger, new meaning to him, because he's a Northern Illinois grad.

It's always so terrible that events like this are what bring us together instead of good things.

Brian, I miss you, man. You were one of my favorite posters and a good guy. I haven't wanted this day to come for a long time. I had never even met you, but like many, I felt like we'd met several times and could have been good friends. My grandfather's tombstone was finally laid the other day and I will be able to see it tomorrow, and with the one year anniversary of your passing, it's going to be a very tough day for me. I'm only glad that I'll be spending it with my sister, though.

Rest in peace, sir.

We miss you.

We miss you Bud.

Hard to believe it's been a year, this is your Forum Brian. Such a tragic day, and devistating to so many families and friends.

God Bless everyone of us on here and our families.

Never had the privilege of meeting/interacting with Brian, but from what I hear about him he was a truly outstanding guy.

Thank you all for honoring and remembering Brian. If anyone has a picture of the plaque for Brian I would love to see it. Brian was one of my closest friends. He and I lived 3 doors down from each other during the last year of his life and had been friends since he came to Virginia Tech. To be honest with you, for most of my life I wasn't a baseball fan. I grew up in the DC metro area and was a very passive at best Orioles fan. Brian had such a passion for the game of baseball that I rarely ever understood. He and friend Matt Gwaltney (also an April 16th victim) had two vaults of baseball trivia for brains. When they would start spouting off history and trivia I would simply smile and nod. I have read over and over again how well thought out and articulate Brian's posts were on here. That was Brian. I think you will be happy to know that we got 200 Tiger hats shipped in to Virginia Tech shortly after the tragedy and many who knew Brian have continued to wear theirs, just like Brian did for so many years. Brian's passion for the game has rubbed off on me a bit. I'll never be as good of a fan as he was, but I try to share at least some of the zeal. In the last year of his life, he let me be part of his fantasy baseball league which was an honor. His team was playing mine the week he died and despite that he still beat me by about 14 points that week. I love seeing the Tigers succeed because I know he enjoyed watching them so much. Even in the down years, he was a loyal and thoughtful fan. I still remember when the Tigers were in the WS and he went out and bought a DVD recorder so he could keep a record of each game they played. Brian loved the game, he loved talking sports at all hours, and he loved people. Brian was a dedicated Christian and I can picture him right now sitting down with Jesus talking about a strategy for how the Tigers can get out of their early season funk. I thank you all for carrying on his legacy. I think the best way to do so is to live each day the best way you know how. None of us know how many days we have, life is precious, live well. Brian did.

I like to imagine that Brian is sitting somewhere with Messrs. Glass and Gdaniec, enjoying a few cold ones and reassuring one another that the Tigs are gonna turn it around.

R.I.P., good sir.

I've thought about Brian on a number of occasions over the last year when faced with decisions in my own life. Each time his memory has helped me in some way.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Bluhm family on this difficult day.

Brian,

May Heaven help us all to be the kind of caring Christian that you were during your time on Earth. Rest in the peace of Christ. Well done, good and faithful servant.

To Brian's Family,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today and always. May God Bless you for the beautiful way you have turned your grief into action.

A Proud Member of Brian's Bracelet Brigade

I remember it really hit me when the picture for the next day's gamethread was the VT logo.

Whenever I'm a little too frustrated over something petty, these are the times that Brian seems to come forward in my mind as a reminder to embrace and enjoy what's around you, as we are all very fortunate in many ways.

Brian Bluhm was a loving servant of God, the greatest Tigers fan I ever knew, and a shining example of how to conduct oneself, not just on the Internets, but in this crazy game called life.

Whenever I post here I find myself thinking, "What would estrepe1 have to say about this?" And yes, Brian, you were always right. :wink:

We all lost a precious, beautiful piece of ourselves that April day, and I regularly pray for strength for Brian's friends and family. He is so sorely missed here, truly the heart and soul of this community.

Today we shed more than a few tears for Brian, but take comfort in knowing that young man walked straight into the arms of Jesus.

Whatever happened to the Toledo, Erie and Lakeland plaque ideas?

Still waiting on the team.

I read through "the thread" last night. The whole thing. My Lord what a punch in the gut that was and still is.

I read through "the thread" last night. The whole thing. My Lord what a punch in the gut that was and still is.

The first post in that thread, where Yoda asks him to check in, still makes me cry. Who am I kidding - I'm crying right now.

The first post in that thread, where Yoda asks him to check in, still makes me cry. Who am I kidding - I'm crying right now.

Actually that was Oblong, but I definitely feel the same. :(

I still think about him, and this wretched incident all the time. Although I never met him in person, I still miss him greatly. My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are with his family, friends, and the board. Its still a crushing shame.