KCPowercat

Tigers v. Royals series (in KC)

Well, what do you guys see for this weekend? KC is coming back off a long road trip and the place should be packed.

Tonight it's May vs. Cornajo(sp?).....May doesn't inspire much confidence in KC....

Sat .... Knotts vs. Affeldt....have we seen knotts yet? Affledt should be looking good after a tougher last outing.

Sun....Maroth vs. Asencio.....night & day on Asencio...had a rough first inning last outing then settled down for 6 innings and pretty much shut down the WhiteSox.

I think with the way the Tigers have been playing combined with the way the Royals have been playing: We'll be lucky to win one game. :depress:

I hate to admit it, but we're in a team wide hitting slump... And in those rare occasions when our pitching is spot on, our meger offense completely dries up. If by some miricle our bats come alive and we punch in a few runs, our pitching fails us.

Can we just keep the bats silent 3 more days...then we don't play each other until July 4th weekend.....start making the run on the 21st.

Actually, these are 3 pretty good pitching matchups for the Tigers. Knotts has been excellent in his two starts, Cornejo outstanding vs. the White Sox, and the Tigers should score runs off Asencio. We'll see if Cornejo/Knotts start to become more consistent.

I actually think the tiggers will play their most competive series to date. The pitching matchups look decent, as does the weather I believe and if we hit .250 as a team I think that'll be an improvement.

I'm not overly optimistic here, considering I'm still not sure if we'll win 50 games this year (gulp). However I have a strange, murphy's law kind of feeling we may take the series. Of course, I'm not taking that feeling anywhere near Vegas.

Go Tigers!

I think we'll win the game Knotts pitches and lose the others. Maroth gets rocked everywhere except Comerica, and Cornejo is due for one of those "twilight zone" 2-inning, eight-run starts.

Originally posted by cruzer1

Actually, these are 3 pretty good pitching matchups for the Tigers. Knotts has been excellent in his two starts, Cornejo outstanding vs. the White Sox, and the Tigers should score runs off Asencio. We'll see if Cornejo/Knotts start to become more consistent.

I think the same thing. My only question is our bats (as always, I suppose). If we can't hit, we may only come away with 1 game. If we hit well, I'll go out on a limb and say that we can win them all.

Knotts vs. Affeldt ought to be the most interesting game, if Knotts pitches the way that he has been. Also, it'll be good to see IF he'll pitch like he has been. If he opens the season with 3 good starts, I'll begin to (for better or worse) believe that he's for real this year.