Shinma

2008 NHL Playoffs viewing thread.

Dead Ducks!!!

2 goal spurt early in 3rd did them in and switched a 1-0 Anaheim lead to a 2-1 deficit. Pronger took a couple of penalties and was caught up on the goal that made it 3-1 with 2 minutes to go. 4-1 final. The Ducks had a total of 4 shots on goal in the 35 minutes from the beginning of the 2nd period to 5 minutes to go in the game. Robidas with the goal and assist with Dallas playing with a full visor after getting his face smashed with a puck in Game 5.

San Jose looked absolutely anemic tonight. 2-0 Flames. Game 7 will not be a breeze for the Sharks, needless to say - the Flames have matched them every step of the way this series.

I'm a bit torn as to whom I want to win the SJ-Calgary series. Calgary is just on the other side of the mountains, an hour by air, so I could probably catch a game. And while Colorado might be my preferred 2nd round opponent by a slight margin, a Sharks ouster would leave the West a tournament among Detroit, Dallas, Colorado and Calgary - Wings should be clearly favored out of that bunch. It's not like the Flames are a team historically built for the playoffs - in the 17 seasons since their Cup win in 1989, the ONLY year they've won a playoff round was 2004.

Hey, Burkie, check your voice mail, I bet Vancouver and Toronto front offices have both left you messages within the past hour.

Wow! I decided to watch the Bruins game in its entirety tonight, and it was certainly worth it. Best hockey game I've ever watched, although I don't watch all that many of them. Without the Whalers, the Bruins have kind of been my unofficial favorite team. That might have been the game that gets me more interested in the Bruins and hockey in general. I'm excited for game 7. Go Bruins!

I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised by how the Bruins have played, especially after dropping the first two. Win or lose, I'm happy to see the Bruins putting up a good fight against a great team like Montreal.

Looks like the Habs lead 1-0 late in the first.

I'd better brace myself...I don't know what will happen around here if the Bruins win this series...

Boston carries the play most of the 1st period, Montreal's PP drops to 2 for 30 on the series, but Habs score the only goal to lead 1-0 after 1. Carey Price stopped all 11 shots.

With the Caps facing elimination in Game 6, Philly leads 1-0 after 1.

Flyers on fire to start the 2nd, with a little bit of help from penalty calls, and take a 2-0 lead. Outshooting Caps 9-2 first 5 minutes of 2nd period. Fedorov actually looking better than Ovechkin.

Wow, what a beauty goal by Mark Streit to put the Habs up 2-0 midway through the 2nd. One of the top 3 goals of the playoffs so far.

# of goals scored by BOS vs MON in 3rd period of Game 5: 4

# of goals scored by BOS vs MON in 3rd period of Game 6: 4

# of goals MON leads BOS by headed to 3rd in Game 7: 3

3-0 Habs after 2. In Philly, Biron cuts the lead in half and then right near the end of the period Semin slips in to poke the equalizer in for a 2-2 tie after 2.

Canadiens fans are singing "hey hey hey, goodbye" as I turn the game on. I guess I kind of missed it.

Now Montreal makes it 4-0 for salt in the wound.

LOL, 5-0 now, with 4 seconds left in the series. Montreal just pouring it on.

Ovechkin redeems himself with the two 3rd period goals as the Caps win 4-2 to force a Game 7 tomorrow night. Doubleheader - Caps vs. Philly at 7 ET, SJ vs. Calgary at 10 ET.

OK, I've decided. Although I think San Jose will win tonight, I'll be cheering for Calgary. It makes the Wings ultimate path to the Stanley Cup a little smoother, even if it makes for a more unpredictable 2nd round. San Jose is the one team left that I think the Wings could be hard-pressed to beat even if Detroit brought it's A game. I'm hungry to renew the rivalry with the Avs too ... but let's wait a round and do it in the conference finals after they eliminate Dallas and hopefully Detroit gets by Calgary.

Well, congrats to the Canadiens. I'm glad the Bruins made them play 7 games though. I'm not sure fans of either team expected that.:happy:

I can't wait for tonight. As per usual with my ultra-tight gambling policies, I think both home teams will win and advance.

Living in Calgary as a Canucks fan, I'm not sure what I want to happen in the SJ-CAL game. The bars are a lot of fun when the Flames are winning, but the sick side of me wants them to lose (not to mention the fans are a bunch of morons) so that I can get Tigers games on the bar TV's easier. :wink:

Go Sharks.

Go Caps.

Well, congrats to the Canadiens. I'm glad the Bruins made them play 7 games though. I'm not sure fans of either team expected that.:happy:

I didn't expect Montreal to riot after a first round win, either...

I didn't expect Montreal to riot after a first round win, either...

Yeah, no doubt..

I can't imagine what a Cup victory would mean.

Again, expecting a very spirited night on the red mile in Calgary tonight win or loss.. I'm hoping everything will remain under control.