Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

Wings vs. Predators: Pre-Series Discussion

Yuck, Kitchener scores 12 minutes into the 3rd OT, take a 2-0 series lead over the Sarnia Sting.

Wow. I must tune it to that stuff. Technically quite illiterate here.. but thanks for the info.:alien:

That would be awesome. I don't think the Habs have really had a good playoff run since they left the Forum. The East is going to be a blast - Habs/Bruins, Rangers/Devils, maybe a Battle of Pennsylvania. Maybe Sens-Habs in a later round, how wild would that be?!

Yep. I see too many possiblities there ...

wow. Too far off. But I have to give a little credence to it ..

Lets see!:rambo:

Yuck, Kitchener scores 12 minutes into the 3rd OT, take a 2-0 series lead over the Sarnia Sting.

Wow. L.S. your ticking me off with those kind of scores.

I gotta tune in to that..

:confused:

L.S. : Been real guy ... gotta go to bed (even though 2moro is Sunday) ... but have a hot date .. hahah.

Nice to be with you....

Hang in there with us and the WINGS ...this could be a Stanley Cup Year...

take care!

Take it easy, Skyguy. Nice to see Trevor be named the #1 star and go for the skate around the rink. Vancouver fans think of him the same way Wings fans think of Stevie-Y. Never got Yzerman's 3 Cups (did his best, with 2 goals in Game 7 of the '94 Finals) or the Captain's individual feats, but Linden was a class act and will get his Canucks jersey retired.

The Ontario Hockey League's Website is www.ontariohockeyleague.com, with playoff streaming here. Gotta love junior hockey announcers, broadcasting to smaller cities where the team means so much - here is the call on Sarnia's CHOK of the OT winner vs. Windsor in the previous round, that gave Sarnia its first playoff series win in a decade.

Expect Nashville over Detroit to be a trendy upset pick by national pundits this week. HNIC's Ron McLean and Kelly Hrudey already seemed to be leaning that way, and they're pretty sane and level-headed. You know some of the mouthier analysts will try to make a name for themselves by predicting the Wings to get knocked out early.

I don't know if I'd call Ron McLean and Kelly Hrudey sane and level-headed...McLean has always bugged me...he seems to have no use for American teams whatsoever...can't wait to see those "experts" proven wrong

Bump. I just have to stop reading about the Tigers and look forward to Thursday. Looks like its on VersusHD. Wings need to get on them early and keep them down.

Playoff schedule here.

G1: 7:00 Thursday, at Detroit, Vs.

G2: 2:00 Saturday, at Detroit, NBC

G3: TBA Monday April 14, at Nashville, Vs.

G4: TBA Wednesday April 16, at Nashville, Vs.

G5: 7:30 Friday April 18, at Detroit, Vs.*

G6: 3 Sunday April 20, at Nashville, NBC*

G7: TBD Tuesday April 22, at Detroit*

Like that the games move at a nice even clip of every other day. No need for 2 days off in a row, especially in the 1st round.

Series starting Wednesday include: San Jose-Calgary; Minnesota-Colorado; Pittsburgh-Ottawa, New Jersey-NY Rangers.

Series starting Thursday apart from Wings-Preds include: Dallas-Anaheim, Montreal-Boston

Series starting Friday: Washington-Philadelphia

I think the WINGS hold the edge in Offensive and Defensive capability, but so much will hinge on goal tending. Always does in the Play-offs. I think the team that gets off to the better start, as in the first couple of games, will have a huge advantage in determining who takes the series. Anything can happen in the play-offs. If Nashville finds away to take away Detroit's puck control game, then it could be a very close series.

I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day, and we established that the most stressful week of the entire year is the first round of the Playoffs for the Wings.

So to put my nerves at ease, im gonna be looking for a large helping of some GOALTENDING AND SECONDARY SCORING!!!

Vokun was the only reason the Preds took it to 6 games vs the Wings a few years ago, and their lineup looked alot more polished than it does now.

Wings should take this in 5.

now that I said all that, watch this end up being a nail biter.

ARE YOU IN ? ...has to be the worst playoff slogan yet.

I love the fact that a lot of people are picking Nashville. Let's just hope Babcock is sliding those articles into guys lockers.

Here you go, a little nighttime reading for ya!

I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day, and we established that the most stressful week of the entire year is the first round of the Playoffs for the Wings.

So to put my nerves at ease, im gonna be looking for a large helping of some GOALTENDING AND SECONDARY SCORING!!!

Vokun was the only reason the Preds took it to 6 games vs the Wings a few years ago, and their lineup looked alot more polished than it does now.

Wings should take this in 5.

now that I said all that, watch this end up being a nail biter.

ARE YOU IN ? ...has to be the worst playoff slogan yet.

Goal Tending and secondary scoring IS going to be the difference. In the Wings case, Filppula, Hudler, Sameulsson, Hartigan and their D is critical. The WINGS have got to know that any opponent is going to try to shut down the WINGS top two lines. The team that controls the neutral zone and stays out of trouble in their own end is going to come out on top in this series.

Secondary scoring. Nashvilles primary scoring is thier secondary scoring with Sullivan, Legwand and Gelinas out. So maybe ya meant tertiary scoring in thier case? :ponder:

Really this is one of the bigger mismatches in the first round. Nobody even picked the Preds to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and now thier three most talented offensive players are all hurt. If the Wings hadnt slumped the last quarter of the season when they had nothing to play for none of this upset talk would be spewing out of the talking morons heads.

Seriously most of thier crap really is just wishful thinking similar to that after the lockout when they all foretold the downfall of the Wings in the salary cap era. People love to see a car crash. And it even better if they can say they predicted it.

I think we should be ok...I don't think we're going to sweep but we should be able to win in 5...I just want them to come through this series healthy

oh wow, I hate that. A few of my buddies like to start picking random teams (usually because their leafs are out) and than when they make it to the 2nd round they start going...SEE, I CALLED IT!!!

oh wow, I hate that. A few of my buddies like to start picking random teams (usually because their leafs are out) and than when they make it to the 2nd round they start going...SEE, I CALLED IT!!!

Ah, I hate "that guy." One of the most annoying people in the world, especially around the NCAA Tournament. They pick the lower seed to win every game and when they miraculously get one right, all you hear about is how they just knew George Mason would pull the upset. Ugh.

I need beer.. I better make a run before the game starts..

The Wings don't play until tommorrow...

How far is the beer store? You have 24 hours.

The Wings don't play until tommorrow...

Haha. He's starting early. Would be a pity to run out before game time.:happy: