Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

Wings vs. Predators: Pre-Series Discussion

I think this was the preferred matchup for the Wings. Minimal travel, an opponent they're familiar with, no psycho Western Canadian crowds. Wish the Wings were a little less banged up though, although better healed than if the playoffs had started a month ago.

Wings in 6.

My secondary hope for the 1st round is for Calgary or Colorado or Dallas to spring an upset so we'd avoid having to play Anaheim as soon as the 2nd round.

I'm sure Shinma will have better graphics and background stories for "official' pre-series and GDTs threads as we get closer. Just a bit excited tonight to jump the gun a bit with an ad hoc thread.

I think this was the preferred matchup for the Wings. Minimal travel, an opponent they're familiar with, no psycho Western Canadian crowds. Wish the Wings were a little less banged up though, although better healed than if the playoffs had started a month ago.

Wings in 6.

My secondary hope for the 1st round is for Calgary or Colorado or Dallas to spring an upset so we'd avoid having to play Anaheim as soon as the 2nd round.

My sentiments exactly. Nashville is the better match-up over Calgary. Kopecky is out for the entire playoffs. Maltby may take awhile. Although neither is a goal scorer, they're reliable checkers/grinders. Hope Hasek finds his game and the Wings tighten up defensively. Wings in 6.

Abdelkader can be a checker/grinder for us as can McCarty and Downey, so even with the Kopecky loss, we arn't in bad shape on that front.

Did anybody see this. Nashville tanked their final game against Chicago, because they want to play us!

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/04/babcock_preds_tanked_it_vs_chi.html

What I like even better is Babcock's attitude about this. He's playing the disrespect card perfectly. Let's hope some guys in the dressing room are playing this up too.

Did anybody see this. Nashville tanked their final game against Chicago, because they want to play us!

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/04/babcock_preds_tanked_it_vs_chi.html

What I like even better is Babcock's attitude about this. He's playing the disrespect card perfectly. Let's hope some guys in the dressing room are playing this up too.

If you view my comment i another thread (can't recall its title -- but I think it was regarding WING play-off matchups) I asked if perhaps Nashville "tanked" against Chicago, because they Preferred DETROIT over San Jose? I wonder if that IS the case? Interesting question.

Is Detroit better off facing Nashville or Calgary in the first round? Its going to be Nashville, but had Nashville won their last game against Chicago, I could have been, or was going to be, CALGARY.

Anyway. Food for thought. I guess.

Anyway ..... Flames Vs Nucks tonight in Vancouver on HNIC ....game starts at 10 PM EST .... Should be a good one. Had Nashville won against Chicago .. and Calgary beat Vancouver tonight .... The Wings would be facing Calgary ... Nashville facing San Jose ... Interesting question. :bored:

Haha.. Flames Vs. Nucks end of first period 3 - 1 Calgary

It has the same tempo and level of physicality as an All-Star Game. The game is all about 2 things: 1) feeding Iginla for his 50th; and 2) feeding Linden a goal so that the most-loved Canuck of all-time can get a huge ovation from the crowd - there seem to be a few dozen signs for Linden all over the arena tonight

there seem to be a few dozen signs for Linden all over the arena tonight

Is Ted Saskin holding one? :happy:

It has the same tempo and level of physicality as an All-Star Game. The game is all about 2 things: 1) feeding Iginla for his 50th; and 2) feeding Linden a goal so that the most-loved Canuck of all-time can get a huge ovation from the crowd - there seem to be a few dozen signs for Linden all over the arena tonight

Viewing it here. Not sure why, but I was hoping for stronger play by Nucks ...

I really have no preference at this point, but L.S., I do comprehen what you express.

Did any one see Don Cherry earlier ... Habs vs. Leafs ... the Wild suit he was wearing. I can't wear a suit like Don ..... he looks good it it ...

Now that you pointed that out ... yes I can see some comparisons.

End of first. 4-1 Calgary .. and yes tempo of an All-Star contest.

BTW everyone ... and sorry to put this on this thread .... But CONGRATS to the Canadiens for the great season this year ...

Beat up on the Leafs tonight (my other favorite team) ... but nice to see an Original Six doing so well.

I hope its a RED WING - CANADIEN FINAL .......hehehehe.

More intensity in a tough OHL Major Junior A quarter-final between Kitchener and Sarnia tonight. Sting trailing 2-0 midway through 3rd until the amazing Steven Stamkos scored twice to send the game into OT. Now in double-overtime.

Yeah, Don Cherry looked pretty good in that gold suit. Better than Ken Kal's gold suit a few New Year's Eve games ago.

More intensity in a tough OHL Major Junior A quarter-final between Kitchener and Sarnia tonight. Sting trailing 2-0 midway through 3rd until the amazing Steven Stamkos scored twice to send the game into OT. Now in double-overtime.

Yeah, Don Cherry looked pretty good in that gold suit. Better than Ken Kal's gold suit a few New Year's Eve games ago.

LOL .. yeah. True. And how are you so Privledged to get that kind of Hockey out there??

Sudbury anyone??

LOL .. yeah. True. And how are you so Privledged to get that kind of Hockey out there??

Sudbury anyone??

You can get the OHL online. Beats getting my mom or dad having to hold the phone up to my ear with CHOK radio on the backwards at close to midnight Sarnia time.

Nice little mini-tribute to Linden at the beginning of the 3rd. Ironic that Mike Keenan witnessed that, given that infamous fighting between those two during Keenan's reign here. Not a Canucks fan, but Jim Robson's "He will Play!!" call at the end of Game 6 after Linden had been battered but got up in the 1994 still

You can get the OHL online. Beats getting my mom or dad having to hold the phone up to my ear with CHOK radio on the backwards at close to midnight Sarnia time.

Nice little mini-tribute to Linden at the beginning of the 3rd. Ironic that Mike Keenan witnessed that, given that infamous fighting between those two during Keenan's reign here. Not a Canucks fan, but Jim Robson's "He will Play!!" call at the end of Game 6 after Linden had been battered but got up in the 1994 still

Wow. Renditions of Bertuzzi in-fame. Wow. and thanks for the Lead.

Die Hard Hockey fan here.

omg ... Iginla with #50 ... Flames 6 .. Nucks 1

Ok .. L.S. how did you profesize this (Sp -- sorry)?????

How bout Montreal - Detroit FINALS ... too geeked for me.

That would be awesome. I don't think the Habs have really had a good playoff run since they left the Forum. The East is going to be a blast - Habs/Bruins, Rangers/Devils, maybe a Battle of Pennsylvania. Maybe Sens-Habs in a later round, how wild would that be?!