Motor City Sonics

And it starts already.

Thank you for clearing that up. Figures I would be wrong. Maybe I'm hard-headed but I still wouldn't have bunted there. It wasn't wrong to do so, but I wouldn't have. It's rare that I have much confidence in Inge (with my cult of Inge hate and all), but I did yesterday. I just didn't like bunting him there.

I think it is a coin-flip really. It's not like the sacrifice improves the chance of scoring all that much.

Haha, I just remember in some thread someone wrote "just wait into we lose a game everyone on here will freak out" He or she can tell the future.

Was it 2003 or 2004 that we won the first six games of the season?

I agree with Markmeista. The last couple of years I've had to wade through hordes of drunken, blithering, belligerent idiots, both inside and outside the ballpark. It's getting to be like going to a God-damned Yankees game. I've had to exercise serious self-restraint lately.

Substantial further de-evolution is required to reach the level of 161th Street.

for all the people who keep saying "it's only one game, don't worry about it".

i add....what if we don't make the playoffs by one game ? it could happen.

Was it 2003 or 2004 that we won the first six games of the season?

'04 they won 5 of the first 6

'03 they started 0-9

If we are outta the playoffs by one game, by the end of the season there will be at least one game that was played and managed much worse than that one.

There are very few people in this world I want to punch in the nose more than "frat boy" who thinks everything he does is cute. He'll say something and then look around at the people around him, as if to say, "look at me. Aren't I clever?"

These people are poster children for corporal punishment in schools -- apparantly their parents thought they were too special to slap the crap out of them when the got out of line.

Yeah, we could miss out on the playoffs by one game. So what? This was an extra-inning game which was lost by a duck fart blooper.

So what do you suggest I do, then because of this potentially-devastating loss? Chew my fingernails? Tie a string around my scrotum and pull really hard?

Yeah, we could miss out on the playoffs by one game. So what? This was an extra-inning game which was lost by a duck fart blooper.

So what do you suggest I do, then because of this potentially-devastating loss? Chew my fingernails? Tie a string around my scrotum and pull really hard?

Ummm...don't do that, it hurts just reading it.

It was one game. Even if the Royals, GASP, sweep the Tigers, the season isn't over. Trying to detect a trend based on the first game of the season is just plain foolish. Based on yesterday's game, I didn't see anyone who deserved getting released or demoted or benched. Anyone who did lacks perspective.

And blame it on Game One? What about that game in July where we blew a 5-run lead? Why not blame it on that game?

What's with Drew Sharp calling Verlander out for the loss yesterday?

I thought he did good. He was tired in the end. It happens at this portion of the season.

He probably read the box score and saw Verlander gave up 4 runs in 6 innings. It's a problem with offical scoring. I can easily "blame" Verlander for the guy he left on third with no out, but the guy on first scoring I put on the bullpen.

Personally, I can't wait until tomorrow's game. Thursday's game will be even better! I'll be sitting in Section 144 Row J Seat 14. I can't wait.

All you nay sayers and sky is falling freaks need to take a breath.

I don't know how Leyland can be criticized for bunting. We are still debating a day later and using all kinds of stats to determine the chances of him scoring. He needed to make a gut reaction, and I can't say it was a wrong reaction. We were counting on Renteria to at least elevate the ball.

I don't know how Leyland can be criticized for bunting. We are still debating a day later and using all kinds of stats to determine the chances of him scoring. He needed to make a gut reaction, and I can't say it was a wrong reaction. We were counting on Renteria to at least elevate the ball.

BINGO

I can't say 100 percent sure, but it might have something to do with the fact that Drew Sharp is a moron.

Sharp is the second-worst sports columnist in this market. Three guesses who is the first.

I can't say 100 percent sure, but it might have something to do with the fact that Drew Sharp is a moron.

Sharp is the second-worst sports columnist in this market. Three guesses who is the first.

Hey, don't insult us real morons!

And blame it on Game One? What about that game in July where we blew a 5-run lead? Why not blame it on that game?

duh, i'm not stupid people, it was just a hypothetical statement. of course they will lose a game much worse than this. just saying, that's all.

Now this is a comment that actually deserved its own thread. This isn't football, peeps. I can assure you, the Tigers will play more than 16 games. One loss isn't going to amount to much.

This is for the football peeps:

Think of the baseball season as ten 16-game seasons, with a couple leftover games just for fun.

Damn. He's right.

George Will said it pretty well:

"The best team in all of basebal this year will walk off the field a loser around 60 times this year"

"ONLY failing at the plate 7 out of 10 times will likely get you into the All-Star Game"

Failure, and perseverance in the face of failure, are the fabric of the entire sport.

Chalk up game 1 to crap happens. The team has the talent that they'll be on the 5 side of more of these kinds of games over the course of the season than they will be on the 4 side. Yeah its aggrivating because it is a game the Tigers should have won. Given all of the early scoring opportunities, KC should have been running out its bench before the Tiger bullpen was a factor. But these things happen. We weren't looking at a 162-0 season. We aren't going to be looking at a 0-162 season either. The hitters couldn't deliver a knockout punch to Meche, the bullpen allowed inherited runners to score and then gave up the winning run. These things happen over the course of 162 games.

Oh, each one they lose will be blamed as "the one". Each of 'em. They will.