Motor City Sonics

And it starts already.

A - Grilli sucks

B - Cut Jacques Jones.

C- The bullpen is a nightmare

I listened to the radio after the game and some people were already freaking out. One caller actually criticized Leyland for putting in Clete Thomas instead of Marcus Thames. Um, hello, Clete hit a double and got to third with one out and two accomplished hitters in Renteria and Polanco failed to get him home. Should we release our middle infielders now? (not to mention he wanted the left handed bat over the right handed bat in that situation).

Gee, so the dream of 162-0 is over.

A- Verlander lost a 3-0 lead. He was running out of gas - something that will happen on March 31st, but not July 31st. Not like Justin's a bum or anything, but the loss is on him and the LOB today. Grilli gave up a single. Yeah, I would rather see Bazardo there.....but it's not like Grilli gave up some towering home run.

B- Jones had a bad day. Gee, that never happens in baseball. He has a month of days like today, we'll reconsider his role on the team.

C- The bullpen was okay today, not overwhelming of course, but okay. Not happy with Bautista walking a couple, but they lost on a duck fart single.

Relax, God, Mother Nature, Jerry Hodak, or whomever controls the weather gave us a window a rain-free skies to get this thing in today. It was 60 degrees. Baseball is back, it's spring and I am smiling.

Besides, they can still go 161-1.

If the whole season was based on opening days, Chris Pittaro would be in the Hall Of Fame. Remember, opening day 1985 he had 4 hits. He was out of the lineup by May.

Haha, I just remember in some thread someone wrote "just wait into we lose a game everyone on here will freak out" He or she can tell the future.

I agree it's stupid to panic after one close game, but the fact Jim Leyland still thinks Jason Grilli is a good person to bring into that situation is rather horrifying

I agree it's stupid to panic after one close game, but the fact Jim Leyland still thinks Jason Grilli is a good person to bring into that situation is rather horrifying

As I believe icetee said in another thread, who was a legit better option?

Bazardo?

But what this topic achieve anyway? Theres 4 other topics crying about the first game filled with posts like this. A few posters cry and this happens?

Bazardo?

But what this topic achieve anyway? Theres 4 other topics crying about the first game filled with posts like this. A few posters cry and this happens?

This post obviously doesn't make people stop the crying, but he is right. If we lose Wednesday, some people will hit the panic button already. People just need to sit back and enjoy the game. Just because not everyone had their greatest day today doesn't mean they suck. I'd like to see someone say that Cabrera sucks if he has a hitless day..

Let them panic. The ignore function is there for a reason. We shouldn't have to play teacher after every loss and explain why Renteria doesn't suck.

I'm going to put today's loss on Leyland.

After the sixth he should of seen V wasn't up to snuff for another inning..

He also shouldn't of put Bautista in for two innings. He knew enough to keep Jones in for one.

I'll close my reply by saying I don't see today's performance as a pattern to expect for the season. But since we're isolating one game and talking about it, that's why I think we lost. I don't expect this to be an indicator for our play the rest of the year.

I'm going to put today's loss on Leyland.

After the sixth he should of seen V wasn't up to snuff for another inning..

He also shouldn't of put Bautista in for two innings. He knew enough to keep Jones in for one.

I'll close my reply by saying I don't see today's performance as a pattern to expect for the season. But since we're isolating one game and talking about it, that's why I think we lost. I don't expect this to be an indicator for our play the rest of the year.

I put the loss on the lineup that left too many men on base. Giving up 5 runs in 11 innings is not a bad outing for the pitching staff as a team.

I put the loss on the lineup that left too many men on base. Giving up 5 runs in 11 innings is not a bad outing for the pitching staff as a team.

Agree.

Verlander had to go back out. Last year we lost so many games because the starters didn't go deep enough.

We needed to play more like Kansas City ie more small ball. I think that's one flaw in having such a power packed lineup. We get so used to bashing we forget how to move runners up, sacrifice and get simple hits.

But again, it's just one game.

It is easy to over-analyze one game when it is the first game. Todays game is 100 percent of the season, tomorrow it will become 50 percent of the season.

A better point is to think about the good AS WELL as the bad. sTODDgy Jones got the game done, Regardless if Miguel made an error, he also cranked one Inge is batting .333 and Clete is 1000... In fact one of the high lights is the fact that is the last game of Spring Traing Thomas is added to the roster and on opening day he sparked an almost comeback

Grilli has always sucked, so what is new?

Happy to hear it was 60 instead of 43 and chance of rain mixed with snow

Anyone else find it funny that MCS started the first thread of the season chastising the negativity on the board.

Personally, I like your style but I don't think it can be denied that you're one of the more cynical posters here. Honestly, I can't remember the last time that you started a thread that wasn't about something that you hate or bothered the hell out of you. Don't get me wrong, i'm cut from a very similar cloth but there are so many others that I'd expect to start this thread.

one interesting thing i've heard this week is on that overplayed george will intro before every game on espn...

to paraphrase...

he states that every team will win 60...

and every team will lose 60...

it's what the team does with the other 42 that matter...

and that's the kind of perspective that gets lost in our current talk radio/internet posting world nowadays...

The 'B' option bothered me throughout the day..

Also, the hate for Renteria.

I've been around here (reading, for the majority) long enough to know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

Long Live the '08 Detroit Tigers.... well, until at least May-June when it's time to judge each individually.

Anyone else find it funny that MCS started the first thread of the season chastising the negativity on the board.

Personally, I like your style but I don't think it can be denied that you're one of the more cynical posters here. Honestly, I can't remember the last time that you started a thread that wasn't about something that you hate or bothered the hell out of you. Don't get me wrong, i'm cut from a very similar cloth but there are so many others that I'd expect to start this thread.

Hey, I've always pounced on people that freak out over every loss and every slump. Too many people seem to not understand how long this season is and too many people don't understand what it was like to be the only one in your section at a Tigers home game. It wasn't very long ago.

Yes, a lot of things bother me. But one Tiger game? Never.