Shinma

11 years ago today.

If anyone is going to be in the Mt. Clemens area on Saturday, April 2nd, you can go to the Gibraltar Trade Center & get both McCarty's and Lemieux's autographs.

Gibraltar Trade Center Weekend Events - Mount Clemens Michigan

I wouldn't want Claude Lemieux's autograph if you paid me for it (and that goes for Ulf Samuelsson too). Frankly I am a little disappointed in Mac for even appearing with him voluntarily. I understand rivals stop being rivals off the ice most of the time, but I have no respect for that dirty S.O.B.

Is this an April Fool's joke?

No, it was in the paper.

I was thinking of taking a picture of Draper's face and having Lemieux sign it.

The two had actually sat down with TSN in Canada last year & did an interview on the show "Off the Record."

PQUHg_fPRto

Qlaf_MJtqS4

paXJfrjFE9k

_LPuBgY_aaU

Merry 15th Beat-down Day!

(better quality than the original link i posted years ago...)

uOCXfu_mWyY

Edited by Shinma

The greatest Red Wings game Ive ever watched since I began watching in 1970. After the embarrassment of being swept by the Devils in 1995 then losing to the upstart Avs in 1996 this game just made life bearable for me. Overstatement maybe but I still get chills watching this game. Everyday I walk into my office and the first thing I see is my signed 8X10 of Lemieux turtling on the ice with McCarty hovering over him about to punch his lights out. Sweet ecstasy.

I found a video showing 3 different broadcasts of the brawl. 1st from Colorado's announcers, then the Pass one we all know, and then a ESPN2 broadcast with PBP being done by Bill Clement.

-xx66D2Bea4

BUMP.

Direct link to the fun times.

I had always wondered why Mickey didn't call the fights. Watching this broadcast last night, I heard Mickey come in after the fights and rueing the fact that for some reason he had to go downstairs 2 minutes before the fights broke out, heard the crowd noise, but missed even seeing Vernon vs Roy for example let alone calling it.

Darren McCarty ‏@D_Mac25 6h

Happy Turtle Tuesday. Thank u all! Esp those of you that came out to watch the game w me last nite. Wings Fans ROCK! pic.twitter.com/sqc3qb5UZJ

BGTK52VCYAEnGIp.jpg:large

Unfortunately it looks like all the good youtube videos are no longer available....

Bloody yes!

Watching at 3:25 below reminds me why I hated Mike Keane more than anyone else.

Don Cherry with his thoughts on it at the 4:00 mark

McCarty coming out for the 1st star announcement that night at the 7:18 mark

My favorite part is Shanahan. He makes an open field tackle on Roy and then is fighting Roy with one hand and Foote with the other. He's like Chuck Norris on skates.

Merry beatdown day!

18 years. Damn..

Link to decent quality vid that will stay up for who know how long, until some salty Avs fan reports it...

2_Z7R0fWYQM

Edited by Shinma

So, I posted this on my facebook today, and my best friend replies with:

"18 years not that old for a giant turtle."

Friggin love that guy. LOL.

So, I posted this on my facebook today, and my best friend replies with:

"18 years not that old for a giant turtle."

Friggin love that guy. LOL.

Ha, awesome.

I posted on Facebook today that every March 26 since 1997 I have turtle soup for lunch to mark McCarty's pounding of Lemieux. Not exactly true - some years I skip out on that because I feel that Lemieux isn't worth dignifying with a special trip to Chinatown and back.