markmeista

The Opening Day @ Comerica Roll Call Thread

I'd like to un-roll call myself, lol.

Looking like a crappy day...and I'm going to make 200 bucks flipping my tickets. It's sacriledge, but my head is winning out over my heart on this one.

Enjoy the game fellas!

)=

Gates are 2 hours before game time. Not sure if they open earlier for Opening Day, we're usually in the bar until 12:45pm.

Thanks Dad!!!

My flight gets in at 9:45am tommorrow, so I'm heading directly there.

I'm pumped!!!

Mike, Yoda and I will be with you and Clete in spirit as we sip Blue Moon under Sunny Florida skies. I look forward to hearing you over the announcer's mike.

Thanks Dad!!!

My flight gets in at 9:45am tommorrow, so I'm heading directly there.

I'm pumped!!!

Mike, Yoda and I will be with you and Clete in spirit as we sip Blue Moon under Sunny Florida skies. I look forward to hearing you over the announcer's mike.

Rog, I didn't know you were a Blue Moon admirer too. Next time in in town, you'll have to let me treat you to one (or two) after a Flying Tigers game. I should be down in a few weeks, so I'll let you know.

I'll be the fat guy with the tall blonde in section 213, row 1. Mezzanine represent!!!

I'll look for you. I'm in 216, row B. What should I yell out as a codeword?

I'll look for you. I'm in 216, row B. What should I yell out as a codeword?
"You F****** Moron!"

Edit: Moron would work

Just got up, and I'm extremely pumped! First Opening Day for me. I'll be in standing room (got 27 game package), but whatever, im STOKED!

I'm leaving in about 20 minutes. Hope to finish my first beer before 10.

I think I may try to visit Folly. Just have to find the bar.

Folly, we were in that bar from about 10:15-11ish. We didn't see any radio show. Shabba, were you in those seats? I kept looking back there but didn't see anybody that would resemble you. You were in row 1, meaning above the standing room people, right?

We went to the Blue Cross booth and got our picture taken with Ernie Harwell.

2378763822_6543c77f48.jpg?v=0

Oblong...

Technical issues forced us to bail on the remote today. The phone lines weren't working properly for our equipment, so the ISDN wouldn't work, blah blah blah, so we hustled back to the studio (only a mile away) for the show today. Needless to say, I was angry.

Anyway...made it back down there by 12:30. Had a beer at Centaur, went to the park where I hooked up with Reaper and BaseballBruce.

Always good to see those two. Sorry I missed, you, Rob. Next time perhaps.

Bruce and I had a fantastic day, met all kinds of new people and a few very sweet young ladies. We missed Folly's show at the bar, but hooked up in the ball park, glad to see you back in town Craig.

Spoke to Oblong on the phone, once again we just missed each other. All in all it was a splendid Opening day, had a beer in the party bus, had a beer or two in a "new" old bar, the "Comet" and spent way too much time in the bathroom lines. This should be a fun year for all of us Tiger fans.

they those of you who were at the game, where did they add the new 700 seats at? and did they look out of place?

I concur with G.Reaper, a fine day at the corner. Great to have a few moments with DF, always a pleasure. As usual, the Reaper was his ever joyful self.

The 'Comet' bar on Henry St. near Cass is a treasure for people watching.

Met up with some other non-motown morons, they enjoyed hanging with the Reaper & I.

The black party bus was parked in behind the Comet and was full of interetsing rogues [like my old pal 'New York' Dave].

Hopefully later in the season the motown morons can meet up for game!

I sat in the new seats on the Pepsi Porch in right. They were fine. At face value of $12, they were more than worth it.

the new seats dont look too bad, i was worried they'd stick out like a sore thumb