markmeista

The Opening Day @ Comerica Roll Call Thread

In Nemo's parking lot tailgating starting at 8:00am. To Section 117 row 33 for the game. Back to Nemo's parking lot for more tailgating with a group of buddies who just come for the tailgating.

10th in a row for me. 2 tickets in SRO and 2 tickets behind the first base dugout. Don't really care where I'm at as long as I'm in the park!

4th in a row for me. SRO yet again.

Starting at 7:00am at Hockeytown and taking it from there. Then probably over to Chelli's if it's not too packed after the game, if it is too packed...Bazookis!!!!

I have a buddy that is supposed to let me know any day if he's got a spare SRO ticket for me. It'll be great to go, but if not... I'll just head into work and listen. I'm so geeked for this season to start, it really wouldn't bother me!

we got SRO tickets, so we will also be inside the stadium.

My record stands intact, since around 1982 I have not missed a HOME Opening day game.

340 row 16, cant remember which two seats I have for that game. Its not my usual seats

Im usually on the 27 game pack in 340 row 3 seats 4 and 5 I believe (Ive been in them for a few years now but I never remember the exact seat number).

6th in a row for me, was able to get Standing Room Only's this year.

Fishbone's was a fun change of pace last year for pre-game after going to the State for a number of years. No pre-game plans yet this year but will be getting "primed" somewhere starting around 10:00a.

any word on whether they'll have that set up out at Grand Circus Park again? I liked that last year. Lots of good food to try.

we got SRO tickets, so we will also be inside the stadium.

My record stands intact, since around 1982 I have not missed a HOME Opening day game.

I have only missed one opening day since 1975 ... looking forward to hanging with the Reaper and fellow morons ... SRO will enable the two of us to wander about ... see you there ... :happy:

I just got confirmation on a SRO ticket today. First opening day in Detroit for me since the last one at Tiger Stadium.

Reunite those bonds with Tiger friends as I have had the joy of experiencing the last few weeks. How I envy you at Opening Day!

eastside billee

MotownSports Fan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My band is playing at an outside party downtown on opening day -- it's in one of the big parking lots - not sure which one.

When we get more info, I expect everone to come and say HI to our buddy Billee.

doing my show live from 10-noon at Centaur bar (across from the town pump)...then finding a place to stand inside the park.

Perhaps I'll see someone...introduce yourself.

Just found out that I'll also be able to be a part of this years Tigers opening day extravaganza!!!!!

I'm extremely excited and, although I hope the weather forecast improves, I plan on being there and really enjoying this experience. :happy:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

probably around 10:30 or 11:00.....

Starting with the kick-off of the 2008 major league season of Boston and the A's in Japan I've been waking up at 6:00am every morning.

I'll be ready to go and be down at Hockeytown before 8:00am!

Does anyone know what time the gates and will call windows usually open??? 1 or 2 hours before gametime, maybe???

Does anyone know what time the gates and will call windows usually open??? 1 or 2 hours before gametime, maybe???

Gates are 2 hours before game time. Not sure if they open earlier for Opening Day, we're usually in the bar until 12:45pm.

5th year in a row:

Section 331, row A, seats 5-6

Those are among the best seats you can find in the place. And best seats under $30, easily!

My wife and I will be around before the game, not sure where. Depends on the weather and where the crowds are.

I'll be the guy in a black jacket with a Tiger road jersey on underneath! Look for a 'slightly overweight guy with a slightly receding hairline' with a hot red head.