Evenings with Ernie

Redneck Indiana fans are going to love this

Mike Davis got a six year deal to coach IU. My brother lives in Indianapolis, and says the people down there are about as racist as they come. When referring to blacks, he says they use the "n" word regularly like it's a normal part of a conversation. All those Bobby Knight fans who are buying Texas Tech gear make me sick. Get over it you rednecks, we can't all be white.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5363271_55,00.html

EWE, I grew up near Bloomington (in Columbus) and I can not completly agree with your brother. While i am not saying that there are places where there are racists, there are many places that are not.

I would say that since i have moved up to Northern Indiana- about 5 miles from the Michigan border- I have encountered probably the same amount of racists.

I must admit though I am seeing this from the point of view of a white man so my point of reference may not be the same as if i were not.

Dude, I just wanted an excuse to rip the state of Indiana. ;) No in all seriousness, my brother hates it down there. He lives in Indianapolis, and himself is a mexican. I've heard from more than one source that Indianapolis is about as racist as it gets. I've heard NBA players call Conseco Fieldhouse the most racist arena in the league. That's just what I've heard, and the fact that most people would rather worship Bobby Knight's poop than get on board with Davis is ridiculous. On IU's campus, they sell more Texas Tech gear than they do IU gear. That's not a rumor, that is a fact. That's sick.

By all means rip IU all you want.:D You can add ND in that too.

Yes they do have an unhealthy obsession with BK. One guy actually tried to sue IU to force them to bring him back. That is bad.

I think that Purdue is going to play Tech in Indy this year or next. It will be intresting to see how many IU fans are there disguised as tech fans.