Hitstick

Trade Deadline Thread

Who do you all want?

sounds like Sundin wont waive his no trade clause

Hossa and Federov are some other names being tossed around

- Marian Hossa: Watters believes Hossa could end up in Detroit, citing the friendship between Thrashers GM Don Waddell and Red Wings GM Ken Holland, Hossa's agent "does a lot of business with Detroit", and Hossa's desire to play for a Cup contender.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=245:saturday-evening-nhl-rumor-update-february-23-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

and from the same site

WINDSOR STAR: reports Holland expects a flurry of trades to occur heading toward the deadline, probably starting on Monday, and in his conversations with other GMs expects some big deals could go down. Holland also noted that his team is in good shape cap-wise for the future, and he'd want assurances that any big-ticket player he'd acquire would be willing to re-sign with the Wings.

sounds like if we did trade for Hossa it would be

Hudler or Filps, a top prospect(kindl?) and a pick for him

i say at that steep of a price we better be able to resign him

sounds like if we did trade for Hossa it would be

Hudler or Filps, a top prospect(kindl?) and a pick for him

i say at that steep of a price we better be able to resign him

If we can re-sign Hossa its probably worth it. Hossa is an elite player. Hudler and Filppula have a lot of ability, but they aren't anywhere near Hossa's level. Kindl has been terrible this year for the Griffins and the Wings are in pretty good shape defense-wise for the future with Quincey, Meech, and Ericsson.

rumours on LGW (letsgowings.com) are sundin has waived his no trade and it might be for anahiem

all the more to go after hossa

signing him is the big thing though...bert for matthias happening again (kindl)scares the piss outta me

Hossa and Brad Stuart

Brad Stuart has already said that he doesn't want to be traded and will not waive his no trade clause. He said he signed in LA for a reason and he would like to end his career there. Don't have a link, just going off an article Mike Valenti mentioned earlier this week on the radio.

Brad Stuart has already said that he doesn't want to be traded and will not waive his no trade clause. He said he signed in LA for a reason and he would like to end his career there. Don't have a link, just going off an article Mike Valenti mentioned earlier this week on the radio.

I thought it was Blake who said this?

So lets see... Last year the Wings traded Matthias for Bertuzzi, and a conditional first, second, or third 2007 and a conditional 2008 pick. Does anyone know what the Wings ended up giving up for Bert?

It wasn't Blake I don't think. He's just now coming back from his injury and hoping to be playing soon. With Anaheim and Detroit being a top landing spot for him.

HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

don't know if it'll happen, or if we can afford it, but I'd love to see this guy playing alongside Dats and Hank

With the cap going up (Holland thinks about 54-55M) we should have no problem affording Hossa and Z, and I believe I heard Atlanta's GM is gonna let the trading team have 48 hours to negotiate with him. I would absolutely love to add Hossa to our line-up. If we can sign him long term, Id gladly give up Huds or Val.

Not a big Hossa fan.

I think Patrick Marleau would be a better choice and he would probably come cheaper.

I think Patrick Marleau would be a better choice and he would probably come cheaper.

Marleau is San Joses version of Samuelsson. Except Marleau is -21.

I personally think the Wings should look elsewhere than Marleau.

I thought it was Blake who said this?

I thought it was Brad Stuart....I mean I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was Stuart.

Marleau is San Joses version of Samuelsson. Except Marleau is -21.

I personally think the Wings should look elsewhere than Marleau.

Agreed.....Marleau has been pretty awful this season. Landing Hossa would be huge. If we trade Hudler or Filp for him, you gotta bet that Holland has a deal worked out or has a very good idea that he is going to sign with us. If Holland can't get him to commit to sign with us then we won't be seeing Hossa in Detroit.

The Wings need to land Hossa now, if for no other reason than to keep him away from Anaheim.

I guarantee Hossa will dissappoint. He has been awful this year and seems to be one of those guys that dissappears in the playoffs. And that is the last thing that the Wings need.

Trading for someone to keep them away from another team is the most retarded thing ever. If they trade for Hossa it better be for the betterment of the Wings and not to play keepaway.

Hossa has been "awful" this year? Really? Awful?

He has 56 points on a bad (and even worse adjective for their defense and goaltending) Atlanta team. It's been a down year for him but he is far from awful.