DTroppens

Pistons move Brezec

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts;_ylt=Ar4hHA8uVRuqwjvPZLiwaKW8vLYF

The Toronto Raptors traded guard Juan Dixon to the Detroit Pistons on Thursday for Primoz Brezec, a league source said Thursday afternoon.

Dixon has played 36 games this season and is averaging 4.3 points and 1.8 assists in 11-plus minutes per game.

Brezec has played 37 games this year, his first with Detroit after coming over from the Charlotte Bobcats in an early-season trade. He is averaging 1.7 points and 1.7 rebounds.

Not that it matters either way, but I don't get this at all. Both are expiring contracts, but it would seem to me that we could use a benchwarming big man more than another benchwarming guard.

So now we have Dixon, Hunter, & Murray riding the pine/inactive.

I am clueless as well. We already had a guy that had an expiring contract. If anything we need frontcourt depth.

But it really doesn't change anything.

The reason I posted it? I wanted to be the one to post it first. I was going as fast as I could. I wanted to win. :classic:

The only thing I can think of is Dixon has been rumored multiple times over the years to come hear and now we finally can see how he looks in a suit behind our bench :-)

On a side note...

If Lebron gets Big Ben, Sczerbiak, Delonte West, and Joe Smith...

He's going to have alot of help there, and I think they'll be dangerous in the playoffs again...

On a side note...

He's going to have alot of help there, and I think they'll be dangerous in the playoffs again...

I don't see it. Outside of LBJ, the reason they won that series was their big guards, namely Larry Hughes, shutting down our backcourt. And Gooden > Smith, IMHO. And he's six years younger. This seems like a lateral move to me.

I do like Sczerbiak though. I suspect LBJ will get him some pretty good looks. Delonte West is meh.

On a side note...

i dont think Cleveland really got any better.

Lebron NEEDS a quality point guard. What he has right now is pitiful for the best player in the NBA.

Best player in the NBA resides in Los Angeles, CA.:classic:

I don't see it. Outside of LBJ, the reason they won that series was their big guards, namely Larry Hughes, shutting down our backcourt. And Gooden > Smith, IMHO. And he's six years younger. This seems like a lateral move to me.

I do like Sczerbiak though. I suspect LBJ will get him some pretty good looks. Delonte West is meh.

Billups had a hard time in the series 2 years ago as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Hughes didn't play (maybe 1 game) in that series. Didn't his brother pass away or something? It isn't just Hughes who handles Billups is what I am saying.

...Larry Hughes,... and Gooden > Smith, IMHO...

Smith and West are just extra though. I like Hughes defense... but who would you rather have in the playoffs: Big Ben & Szcerbiak, or Gooden & Hughes? That should be the first comparison. I would take the former.

Smith & West (:grin:) should be compared to Donyell Marshall and Ira Newble (plus the "extra cap-fillers"), which I think is about a wash...

And before you say Gooden > Big Ben... I think Wallace gets a huge charge outta this trade and performs better than he has been, at least for this year... and will offer much better defense than Gooden in the playoffs. IMHO. And I think the Cabs are better off with Szcerbiak as a scorer than Hughes as a defender. I may be wrong on that however. Except... with Big Ben & Ilgauskas blocking shots, it sort of negates the need for Hughes defense, at least a little bit (why I chose Szcerb over Hughes...).

Wally Szcerbiak is garbage

That may be true.

But he's a dangerous outside shooter that'll hurt you way more than Hughes... which will further open up some lanes for Lebron, and play better in the inside/outside game. If Szcerbiak starts raining 3's, that'll be painful for anyone they're playing against...

Just my 'pinion.

Toronto keeps adding to its UN Roster

Calderon (Spain), Bargnani (Italy), Delfino (Argentina), Garbajosa (Spain), Brezec (Yugoslavia), Nesterovic (Slovenia)