CoachBelch

Halter Yanked in the 4th for bad defense in the middle of the game

That is what it looked like happened to me. He made three bad defensive plays in 3 innings and was pinch hit for in the 4th. I saw no sign of injury. It's not often you pull your shortstop in the 4th inning but it is our 0-10 tigers so not to surprised. Still like him better the Devi Cruz but still not a good option

I want to like Halter but I can't. He can't hit and he certainly can't field. If you watch Halter closely, he lacks baseball "sense." Plus, you can count me as one of those (few?) that think he is a club house cancer. I can't ever remember, in over 30+ years of watching baseball, where a teammate backs the other team after a brawl. :mad:

It looked like Weaver was turning to say something to Halter at the end of that inning right before halter got pinch hit for. Maybe they got it a little spat over halter's bad defense. I assume the brawl your talking about is last year vs KC. Nobody really backed weaver in that thing accept Fick. That is because Weaver is a punk and got what he deserved. I like weaver as a pithcer and I am glad he has that bad attitude but he has got to piss of opposing players and his own teammates with it.

Originally posted by CoachBelch

It looked like Weaver was turning to say something to Halter at the end of that inning right before halter got pinch hit for. Maybe they got it a little spat over halter's bad defense. I assume the brawl your talking about is last year vs KC. Nobody really backed weaver in that thing accept Fick. That is because Weaver is a punk and got what he deserved. I like weaver as a pithcer and I am glad he has that bad attitude but he has got to piss of opposing players and his own teammates with it.

Sweeny is a coward and went about it the wrong way. Weaver didn't deserve that - having a helmet whipped at him, hitting him in the elbow. That was risking his career.

There should be an unwritten rule that if you ever charge the mound, you do it when the pitcher's back isn't turned.

We still don't really know what the fight was about - about Weav not moving the Rosin bag or him "calling out" Sweeny as he said. And in either cases, charging the mound was unacceptable and when Sweeny did that, I lost all respect for him.

Back to Halter... (which I forgot the topic was about)

I'm all for playing Damian Jackson at SS now once he gets off the DL since he plays super defense, is fast, and with the way Shane is hitting now, can produce just as much.

I've heard that Jackson's defense is nothing special at shortstop, but that he's excellent at second. However, we already have a light-hitting, good-fielding second baseman on our payroll for the next three seasons.

I say give Halter some more time.

I think Halter will be on his way out of Detroit soon. He doesnt fit in with the club. Weaver seems to dislike him...I would too considering he had a Twin runner dead to rights in the 2nd and Halter didnt relay the ball to home plate. Weaver pitched much better when Halter was removed...it almost seemed like Halter is trying to make Weavers stats worse when he pitches. Halters error made 2 runs in 2nd unearned anyhow. Halter is a good hitter but he isnt concentrating I think the Tigers dugout doesnt like him....move him to the NL...that way he cant hurt us.

He was a SS out of college, why not try him there? I'm all for trying anything cause what they've been doing for 10 years has been a complete failure.

I'm sure DD can pry Orlando Cabrera from Montreal with the right offer. I mean, with the MLB running Montreal now, will they really care if they get garbage players in return since they want to contract Montreal anyways?

Inge is a fantastic defensive catcher, he's not 100% polished but he's great catcher and there is no position he could be better at or more valuable. Why would the Tigers move him? The only reason he isn't with the Tigers is because he cannot hit, moving him to short doesn't change that, they can get anyone to hit poorly at short including Halter.

I wish they'd trade Inge. He's not a fantastic defensive catcher, he just has a fantastic arm.

Well, here comes the inevitable Twins rally to dash the Tigers hopes once again. This team sucks.

Wasn't it Halter who said if he played enough he'd hit like A-Rod?

Little did we know he meant Aurelio Rodriguez.

Ortiz clears the bases with a triple... 10-7 Twinks. God this team absolutely sucks. Absolutely.