hueytaxi

Spring Training 2008 in photos and thoughts

Watching two games at once allows you to miss a lot. Wilkin is making good contact at bat. I have no recollection of him in LF though.

calpon, you take awesome pics. (no offense to huey or wendy).

what kind of camera do you use ?

and, thanks again for all the great pics and stories you all.

I am glad they are being enjoyed. Half the fun of these images is being able to share them with others that love the Tigers!

I use a Sony A700 with a Sony 70-200 2.8 SSM lens and a Tamron 200-500 lens.

I am glad they are being enjoyed. Half the fun of these images is being able to share them with others that love the Tigers!

I use a Sony A700 with a Sony 70-200 2.8 SSM lens and a Tamron 200-500 lens.

Yeah if photography is not your profession you should really look into a career change.

Yeah if photography is not your profession you should really look into a career change.
Certainly qualified,but can calpon manage the paycut? I know a few sports photographers and few make real money after expenses. Capturing the first draft pick with an exclusive can bring 4 figures; but there is always some amatuer like me spreading first day images on MTS ruining the exclusive. I would recommend anyone considering this a career to make it a hobby first and evaluate the income potential.

I'd love to do it, but as Roger alluded to...it is a very difficult profession to feed your family with. I'll stay with the MRI business for the time being and maybe in the future I'll try to supplement my income (or pay for my hobby) with selling a few images. I have sold some stock photos in the past, but very few and I don't believe that you can use professional sports personalities in this way.

Thanks to everybody for the pictures and the player checks on who is at Lakeland for spring training.This year was better because we had an old fashion winter this year with all the cold and snow we could dream that we were there.

Every year I check off from my list whenever somebody especially (Hueytaxi & Whitecapwendy) gives us a picture or lineup cards, so far these players have not be checked off I will just mention their last name S.Vasquez,Witt,Aponte,Sborz,Gil,J.Miller,Hammond, Franco,Brackman,Finefrock,Kibler,Santos,Darrow,Flores,Harryman and Arlet has anybody seen them this spring

Thanks to everybody for the pictures and the player checks on who is at Lakeland for spring training.This year was better because we had an old fashion winter this year with all the cold and snow we could dream that we were there.

Every year I check off from my list whenever somebody especially (Hueytaxi & Whitecapwendy) gives us a picture or lineup cards, so far these players have not be checked off I will just mention their last name S.Vasquez,Witt,Aponte,Sborz,Gil,J.Miller,Hammond, Franco,Brackman,Finefrock,Kibler,Santos,Darrow,Flores,Harryman and Arlet has anybody seen them this spring

Many of the junior players are on the back fields and not available for fan viewing. I have more restrictioons during ST than in IL. Sborz, Gil, Arlet and Hammond are in camp.

Many of the junior players are on the back fields and not available for fan viewing. I have more restrictioons during ST than in IL. Sborz, Gil, Arlet and Hammond are in camp.
I believe I am mistaken on Hammond. I was messaged he was released some time ago. Arlet, Gil ans Jay Sborz are definitely still with the team and I thought I saw Arlet with the Caps.

Tomorrow should be fun. No more sneaking behind security's backs, trying not to look conspicious while attempting to get to the minor league fields. I'm getting too old to be climbing fences.

Sorry we won't be there to see you, Mudman! Don't you think the Nazi Al will still be there? What a hastle..all they needed were some more yellow fences & another drill Sargent! He told us he came from Yankee Stadium...What a piece of work....Lots of families went away with very bad taste in the mouth..before next season we will get something set up ahead dof time! Anyway, good to see you, whatever side of the fence you are on!!

The security disappears as soon as the major leaguers do so it should be smooth sailing until next Feb. It was great to put faces with some of the names on MTS. Hopefully (but doubtful) things will be better organized next spring.

It was nice talking to you again at Winter Haven today Mudman. I sure hope they get another team there eventually.

Thanks to everyone who participated in keeping us all informed with reports and photographs from another awesome Tigers Spring Training.

A special thanks to Roger for all of the time dedicated to taking great pictures, posting them and keeping family and friends supplied with many, many milestones and memories!!!!

It was nice talking to you again at Winter Haven today Mudman. I sure hope they get another team there eventually.

rumor has it, that area's destined to be another shopping mall or something like that, but that the last thing I heard.

Well I've heard that the Orioles were looking at it and also that the Dodgers minor leaguers would stay there (which doesn't make any sense at all come time for demotions). Either way, the place is going to have to be fixed up if anyone wants to move in there long term.

Mudman was having connection problems and regrets he could not continue the discussion yesterday Kyle.

What a difference a day makes. No security, no transports loading the Detroit cars, no crowd and only a few from Grand Rapids including Lew and Ryan. It is now Summer in Lakeland as we had few clouds and 84 degrees. I broke out my patio umbrella and installed it for a few friends.

Here is Orlando Perdomo in a few shots as he returns to LFT action

2369098699_15fbe891b7.jpg

2369935450_e2174e378a.jpg

2369099971_e0209b8ecd.jpg

2369100215_d830e07802.jpg

2369100805_81b8dbd0aa.jpg

2369101511_bcd641f2a0.jpg

Whitecaps' line up card. Sorry I have no idea of the SP.

2369937856_d9280a2d0c.jpg

A quick game today fo the LFT

2369098023_2afc6ae066.jpg