Yoda

Spring Training Visitation Schedule

you should come over to Clearwater for the 22..Brighthouse field was named the best minor stadium a couple years back..I will be there on the berm

One of the main reasons I am going to Lakeland is to see my "boys". I need to spend a few days out watching them play their games. I look forward to seeing "my boys" as much as I look forward to watching the Tigers. Hmm, if some of them read this, they will probably ignore me when I come for calling them "boys" :cheeky:

but you will see them a lot more this year then the Tigers... I think

Next to Comerica Park...my second heaven...the Joker Marchant complex. I am here! Gonna watch the Phils and Tribe in Winter Haven Saturday...but drove by Marchant tonight, just to soak it in. So glad to be in Lakeland. Hope to meet some of you down here.

welcome to the area! have fun and watch out for the traffic.. no one knows how to drive down here

I have tickets for the game on the 18th. I'm working on getting tickets for the 17th in Sarasota.

Me and my girl are taking a weekend road trip to catch the games on 3/22 & 23. There's nothing like ST baseball to get one through the last month of winter. Driving south on I-75 is like time-lapse April.

actually the days that I attend Tigers games, I won't get a chance to actually talk to them--only see them from a distance. Also, the teams are divided into the two A's and the AA/AAA. Appoximately every other day, one of the teams goes on the road, so I think I see each twice--anyway, it is fairly minimal. I hope to become somewhat acquainted with who the Whitecaps this season will be, and get a chance to greet my "boys" from the past. It seems like a lot of time, but it is all too short for me.

Chaz, I will be looking out for Wendy.

Chaz, come on over to Lakeland one of the days I am here. It would be fun to meet you--along with all the other Florida morons.

Chaz, come on over to Lakeland one of the days I am here. It would be fun to meet you--along with all the other Florida morons.

I met TheCouga today and I told him I need to get my rear over there again for a game..I will try to get over while you are here..nice to meet more people on the board!

welcome to the area! have fun and watch out for the traffic.. no one knows how to drive down here

Boy did I find that out. You know, the only time I have ever had someone just blindly pull across a divided highway and almost sideswipe me was in Auburndale about 4 years ago. Yesterday I had that in mind while driving over to Winter Haven for the Tribe and Phils. Do you know, I had one loon who decided to turn left at a light on a divided highway again...just as my car was speeding through at 45 mph...but I was wary enough from the last time that I caught him making the move early enough and slowed down. Then a guy tried to back into me in a parking lot. Crazy!

By the way, my report on Winter Haven is...its a nice sprawling facility like Lakeland with 3 workout fields. But I see why they are shutting it down. Don't sit in the outfield...you can't get to it from the main part of the stadium...they have no vendors out there...the seats are set back 40 feet from the field...and they won't let you stand near the wall. And to top it off, the place ran out of hot dogs in the 3rd inning. Never seen anything like it. But I had fun talking to a few Phillies fans and some Cleveland fans. I know it seems like flirting with the enemy, but I must say that most Cleveland fans I meet remind me of Tiger fans...its probably why I like the rivalry the most and Cleveland is the team I most like to see us in competition with. Plus we both share a dislike for the White Sox. :rambo:

Hope to see some of you at the game today.

Heading to FL today. Going to the game tomorrow. I will have my eye out for huey and philly! Who is starting tomorrow, Bonderman?

Heading to FL today. Going to the game tomorrow. I will have my eye out for huey and philly! Who is starting tomorrow, Bonderman?
I'll probably spend some time on the upper deck concourse early in the game to take pictures without heads in the way, (1B side)

well, I have my clothes all laid out and ready to throw in the suitcase (probably Saturday so I can use Sat evening and Sunday to make sure I have everything I need) and tonight I went through and played eeny meeny miny moe to determine which lenses I will bring along. I decided to choose between my 80-200 and 80-400. while I like the 80-400 and used it constantly last season, I decided to go back and give the 80-200 another good try. Now that I am shooting in manual and am able to control more of the settings, I understand that my 80-200 being a 2.8 is a faster lens than the 4.5 on my 80-400 (even I barely understand that mumbo jumbo). Anyway, if any other camera experts want to throw in their opinion on which lens, well, I am not set in cement on this opinion. I would bring both, but not sure I want to lug all that weight around the airport with me.

Go with the faster 2.8 if both are near the same quality. I will be using 400 tomorrow from the upper deck, but you will be at field level.

I'm sitting in the airport and scheduled to take off around 8:25 p.m. I can't wait to get down there. It's been too long of a winter and I miss baseball immensely.

Me and my girl are taking a weekend road trip to catch the games on 3/22 & 23. There's nothing like ST baseball to get one through the last month of winter. Driving south on I-75 is like time-lapse April.

are you planning to see the Tigers/Phillies game in Clearwater? if so, I will be there..have to meet up..

I have tickets for the game in Sarasota on the 17th. I'll be the dorky white guy with my girlfriend.

my son and me will be heading out to Lakeland tomorrow.. the sun WILL be out!! hope to meet up with all the morons, including Wendy..

We had a great time at the 3/27 game. My 2 year old and I were throwing the ball around on the grassy hill to the left of the left field fence after the 6th inning. He still talks about it.

He liked the game more than Disney and Seaworld, that's a good sign for a 2 year old.