DaYooperASBDT

The 2008 Adopt-A-Tiger Selection Extravanganza!

I finally found my write up in the media guide on my AAT Clubhouse Manager Jim Schmakel:

Enters his 31st season with the Tigers major league club in charge of equipment and the Tigers clubhouse.

• Began his baseball career in 1966 as a batboy for the Toledo Mud Hens.

• Was Toledo’s home team clubhouse manager for seven years (1967-73) and managed the visitors’ side for three more seasons (1976-78).

• Also has an extensive background in the educational field, including a stint as Dean of Boys at Toledo Central Catholic School (1974-76)...was varsity golf, tennis and cross country coach at the school as well as assistant varsity basketball coach.

• Also taught math and served as the varsity boys’ basketball coach at Woodmore High School in the consolidated school district of Elmore and Woodville, OH in 1976-77.

• Graduated from the University of Toledo with a degree in education.

• 56 years old...is a native of Perrysburg, OH, where he still resides.

• He and wife Pat have three children, Katrina (6/18/77), Bryan (2/26/80) and Jay (6/5/85)...has four grandchildren, Joseph and Jonathon Poremsky and Brandon and Madison Schmakel.

With the 142'nd pick in the 2008 MTS AAT draft,

Macedonian Bengal would like to select

Lhp Edward Reynoso

For those who plan on following Edward Reynoso this year, you may want to make this update. It turns out his name is Darwin DeLeon.

Way to go MB!

Any chance that I could still participate? If so is Ryan Roberson still available? Thanks in advance!!

He is available according to the first post so I assume the powers that be will put your name next to his. Keep us posted on Double R.

Yoda, Edman, Yoop, anyone?

So I drafted Edward Reynoso based on what i knew of him and his stats, and this name was the one that appeared on the draft list.

So is he one of those name changing players and his name is really Darwin DeLeon or what?

I'm a bit confused.:ponder:

All i know is I picked a decent prospect from the DSL, but what's up with the name so I can update my AAT sig?

Should I put AAT: Edward Reynoso aka Darwin DeLeon or what?

Yoda, Edman, Yoop, anyone?

So I drafted Edward Reynoso based on what i knew of him and his stats, and this name was the one that appeared on the draft list.

So is he one of those name changing players and his name is really Darwin DeLeon or what?

I'm a bit confused.:ponder:

All i know is I picked a decent prospect from the DSL, but what's up with the name so I can update my AAT sig?

Should I put AAT: Edward Reynoso aka Darwin DeLeon or what?

Whatever you wanna do. He was Edward Reynoso last year, but this year he is listed in the media guide as Darwin De Leon. Apparently Edward Reynoso was an alias.

Sorry for missing the lottery...I will take Henry Mateo 2B/AAA-Toledo

Great to be back! Winter is really killer for me!

With the 39th pick I would like Hernan Perez...it'll give me an excuse to visit Venezuela. This is not a late pick..I'm still on dial-up and it is kinda slow.

With the 39th pick I would like Hernan Perez...it'll give me an excuse to visit Venezuela. This is not a late pick..I'm still on dial-up and it is kinda slow.

Kinda slow? I would say that is a slight understatement.

I didn't see my AAT all spring (Kibler). I would guess that he starts the season in extended spring.

I didn't see my AAT all spring (Kibler). I would guess that he starts the season in extended spring.

Kibler is on the roster in WM.

Look at the 1st page to see who was picked or is still available...

Espinoza was picked 36th by wolverinefan.

Londell Taylor!

Sorry, he is taken.

Update: I have given IMSG Londell Taylor and have adopted the rare left-handed knuckle curve ball artist Ramon Garcia, currently with the Whitecaps.

I'll take Zach Simons, otherwise known as: "the guy we got for Grilli"!

ph_450583.jpg

His stats

Also...

CNBC just did a story about sports agents and the loyalty (or lack thereof) of their player/clients. The story featured Rockies farmhand Zach Simons, who received a $625,000 bonus to sign with the Rox in 2005.

The odd part of this story is that Simons put a TATTOO of his sports agent's firm logo on his right shoulder, his pitching shoulder! Apparently, he's trying to express his devout loyalty to the agent that helped him land the big bonus.

Maybe based on his stats, we can understand Simons' gratitude. He has a career ERA of 5.24 between rookie and low-A ball the past two seasons, with unimpressive peripherals. He also came off as a goofy "surfer dude" blonde personality on the CNBC story, and may never need the services of his agent again.

He even has his own wiki page!

I'll take Zach Simons, otherwise known as: "the guy we got for Grilli"!

ph_450583.jpg

His stats

Also...

He even has his own wiki page!

Actually, I believe that One Mans Fool has first dibs on Simons, since he had Grilli.

- The person who has an AAT traded away has first shot at the player received.