DaYooperASBDT

The 2008 Adopt-A-Tiger Selection Extravanganza!

Thanks Yoop and Wendy for sending in my AAT request!!

I'm looking forward to Domingo Gonzalez getting off to a hot start in the Dominican Summer League!

Micro said that he is supposed to be a very good talent and I'm glad the Tigers were able to internationally sign the 16 year old!!

Thanks again Yoop and Wendy for doing a great job on the draft!! GO TIGERS!!

I'll take Lauren Gagnier. We was very nice to my son and me.

499136922_58f095530b.jpg

Lauren demonstrates the finer techniques of holding a baseball and blowing a bubble at the same time.

958979202_b5fdda8f44.jpg

Lauren and Duane Below have a chat in the stands

842467999_f5e8c8bff2.jpg

The batter wishes he had my view

651280315_e44033f63c.jpg

856760022_5062f8fed8.jpg

Lauren and Duane Below have a chat in the stands

842467999_f5e8c8bff2.jpg

Hey those are my friends at the bottom left of the photo...haha that makes me laugh

If its alright, I'm taking LeBron...

Ramon Lebron

I don't know who he is. I seached google and this was the first thing. I'm not sure which one he is. I'm gonna guess 2nd row 2nd from left, in the sunglasses.

baserox02.jpg

If its alright, I'm taking LeBron...

Ramon Lebron

I don't know who he is. I seached google and this was the first thing. I'm not sure which one he is. I'm gonna guess 2nd row 2nd from left, in the sunglasses.

baserox02.jpg

2nd row, last on the right?

Well, I doubt that's him for two reasons... :)

1 - That's a picture of the Boxborough High JV baseball team in Massachusetts if I recall correctly...

2 - Ramon Labron is a 19-year old Dominican righty who sported a 10.81 ERA in three games in the DSL last year.

Well, I doubt that's him for two reasons... :)

1 - That's a picture of the Boxborough High JV baseball team in Massachusetts if I recall correctly...

2 - Ramon Labron is a 19-year old Dominican righty who sported a 10.81 ERA in three games in the DSL last year.

1. I heard he moved.

2. That was only over 3.1 innings pitched, so it kind of got skewed. One bad outing, he'll be back. (looking at the stats, in 3.1 innings he had 4 errors, a balk, 3 walks, 2 HBPs, 4 ER, and 5 hits http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=34914 )

3. He sucks... a lot.

I guess since my AAT was released, I get to pick a new one.....

....how about Mike Sullivan.

I don't know who Mike Sullivan is, but I have a cousin in Boston, his name is Mike Sullivan...so there ya go.

I guess since my AAT was released, I get to pick a new one.....

....how about Mike Sullivan.

I don't know who Mike Sullivan is, but I have a cousin in Boston, his name is Mike Sullivan...so there ya go.

Good organizational guy with above average speed and a good arm in the outfield....can make contact, has a nice eye at the plate, but little power. Should fill a fourth outfielder roll in the minor leagues for a while.

Hmmm...I had long targeted St. Pierre but now the best appear to be Benjamin Fritz, Paul Hammond, and Jeremy Johnson.

I like Fritz because he was in th book moneyball, I like Hammond because he went to U Of M, and ive always just liked Johnson.

I want someone I can see at Toledo so its down to Moneyball and Johnson...and ive decided to go with..............

Jeremy Johnson

Sorry, I dont have any cool photos of him.

I wanted mi homeboy Tomey even though (gag) he went to Detroit errrr Redford I mean Novi CC, but the Freep decides to do several stories on him right at the tail end of the draft. I suspect this obvious effort to thwart my plans was successful.

No problema, I locked in on Max Leon but he was picked while I literally slept during the beginning of the free for all.

So having gone from home town ties to cool sounding names, I'm staying with the name theme and picking

Luis Misson Arlet

582193923_6576aaa8a0.jpg

Thanks Huey

The first thing I noticed about Luis is that he stole 20 bases getting caught only once during the 2006 GCL season. He repeated GCL in 2007 and only swiped 2 bases while getting nabbed 3 times. Searching the site I noticed that be broke his ankle at some point, so perhaps this had something to do with both his repeating GCL and not stealing as much last year.

He strikes out a lot but does hit for average. I'll post his stats later.

Adios

Yoop- Thanks for all the time and effort and the great job. The minor league phase added a lot of players to my radar screen. I think it has been fun for all.