DaYooperASBDT

The 2008 Adopt-A-Tiger Selection Extravanganza!

At spot #128, making a list is gonna be a little illogical right now. haha. Probably whomever the utility guy is for Oneonta or the GCL.

I'll be picking a minor leaguer. It's not like a big leaguer is gonna fall to me at #71, but I'd pick a minor leaguer even if I had the #1 pick.

I think there are going to be 2-3 fighting over Jason Grilli. (the same ones who fought over Neifi last year)

I wasn't commenting on who was going to pick Grilli. I was commenting on the statement that Grilli should/will be the closer at some point this year.

At spot #128, making a list is gonna be a little illogical right now. haha. Probably whomever the utility guy is for Oneonta or the GCL.

pick Microline's brain for a good VSL or DSL that the rest of us have never heard of. He might even be able to give you some good info on him.

Aside from the short season ball in America, the Tigers have a DSL and a VSL team to chose from. I got my AAT last year from the VSL and hopefully he will be in the GCL this year so I can watch him and scout him myself!

This just in....

Sources close to iceteebone say the first time Adopt-A-Tiger drafter is shopping around his 65th pick. It was reported a deal was made that would send the 13th pick to iceteebone in exchange for the 65th pick and a cold beverage. A general manager from the National League close to the negotiations said the trade was nixed at the last minute when the two sides could not agree on the beverage. It is believed iceteebone is trying to move up in the draft to select phenom pitcher Jason Grilli. It is rumored he is looking for a pick in the mid to lower 20's. An anonymous source had this to say about Jason Grilli

" I was standing by the bullpen chatting with Jason and he seems to have really picked up his game. He is the best baseball player I have seen since Craig Monroe. He is without question, one of the best relievers in the game of baseball. He threw a 4-seam fastball at 100 MPH, and then he did it again, he did it again."

some believe Grilli will be available at the 65th pick. Most drafters are not willing to go over slot for Grilli. Iceteebone and Grilli first met at Tigerfest 2007, where Grilli signed his baseball and talked about the weather.

Grilli could not be reached for comment.

We will keep you updated if anything develops

I've seen 100 MPH, and there's no way Grilli was throwing 100. 99 maybe, but not 100! :classic:

MotownPhilly currently on the clock with the #4 selection! (until 2:33p Monday)

On Deck: 5 - WMU Dan

In The Hole:

6 - eastside billie

7 - shamrock07

8 - Nolan

NY Giants 23, Green Bay Hackers 20 !!!

Well I hope the guy is OK, no login for 3 days now. We're going to move this along, but please keep in mind those "off the clock" can make a pick at any time. I suspect once we get to #9 this thing will get wings.

WMU Dan is on the clock with the #5 selection!

(until 2:33p Tuesday)

On Deck: 6 - eastside billie

In The Hole:

7 - shamrock07

8 - Nolan

9 - Tiger337 (list submitted)

10 - Sagnam (list submitted)

11 - Yoda

aren't you breaking your own rule? give the guy until 2:33? What's the hurry, we've got til March 31st. It's still faster than the first round of the NFL draft.

Hey look, Kiper's wrong again.

Da Yooper, are they suicidal up there? Yesterday proved Brady is better than Favre.

The discussion on who hasn't picked or is getting bypassed, that probably would best take place by PM only. I don't want anyone to feel picked on, and we're just doing this for fun. I'm willing to give this up in a heartbeat if its decided I've run this unfairly.

I will say here that yes there's no rush, but we do need to keep moving enough to maintain a small degree of interest/momentum. The 24-hour rule has been shortened before when circumstances warrant it.

I'll definitely not make my pick until 2:33 tommorrow, that way nobody will far too far.

Now for the easier question! :wink: I haven't had the heart to needle all the "Packer Backers" yet, that definitely was a tough loss for them!

:wink:

I guess I don't understand the point of saying we've got 24 hours unless we change our mind during that time. Maybe philly went away for the weekend.

In The Hole:

7 - shamrock07

8 - Nolan

11 - Yoda

EDIT: With the hopes that MotownPhilly may still log in yet this morning, I am going to "freeze" the draft until both WMU Dan and MotownPhilly have selected, or until 2:33p Tuesday if neither selects by then. That is probably the fairest solution at this point. I've said this before, but if at all possible please check in at least every other day here. We're not going for speed but I don't want anyone to miss their 24-hour window either.

ok, so it's 24 hours unless they get really impatient..... hurry up Dan, if you don't make your pick by, say 5:30 am tomorrow then it's ESB's slot. He's got until 9 am tomorrow.

Rob, I sent you two PM's now, and have made plans to apologize to MotownPhilly. Did you read my edit above yet?

The impatience was mine. I'd said myself that this is not meant to move quickly, and I let some of my other feelings about AAT cloud my judgement here. For that I apologize to MotownPhilly and the entire forum. I promise to make this right for the remainder of the draft.

I am absolutely floored! #4 pick! Wow!

Sorry guys I was moving this weekend and had no internet connection...had no idea I would be this high up in the draft. Love it.

Okay, this may surprise some...with as many great players as there out there to choose from at this high point, but my #1 favorite Tiger was also once my #1 favorite Phillie...

With the #4 pick...Motownphilly chooses the versatile and underrated Placido Polanco!

More details to come as I get over the shock of drafting so high...

Thanks Philly, sorry again and glad you could make it in!

Great choice with the Superdome.

I completely understand wanting to move the draft along...and wish I could have been faster. I know how it is when your pick is a little ways down the pike...the anticipation last year was crazy.

I guess with PP I was in less danger of losing him than with some others.

Thanks for putting this together for us DY.

Rob, I sent you two PM's now, and have made plans to apologize to MotownPhilly. Did you read my edit above yet?

The impatience was mine. I'd said myself that this is not meant to move quickly, and I let some of my other feelings about AAT cloud my judgement here. For that I apologize to MotownPhilly and the entire forum. I promise to make this right for the remainder of the draft.

I did not see your PM"s and apologize for being a smart aleck. I took your bolded "WMU Is on the clock...." to be a direct refutation on people questioning the changing of the 24 hour rule. No issues. Glad philly checked in and picked.

Apology accepted, but I'm the idiot that created the problem here. Again, I need to remember that we all have "real lives" beyond the AAT. But if you live for the AAT I'm good with that! :classic:

In The Hole:

7 - shamrock07

8 - Nolan

11 - Yoda

I've never gone with a major leaguer (Zumaya, Verlander, De La Cruz) but I've got to with the best Tiger player in my lifetime - Miguel Cabrera.