DaYooperASBDT

The 2008 Adopt-A-Tiger Selection Extravanganza!

I sent motownphilly an e-mail at his Yahoo! address. I found a contact page for his business on some other website, and it listed his contact e-mail as the same as his Yahoo! Messenger ID so with any luck he'll see it soon.

I sent motownphilly an e-mail at his Yahoo! address. I found a contact page for his business on some other website, and it listed his contact e-mail as the same as his Yahoo! Messenger ID so with any luck he'll see it soon.

Thanks Jessman. I did not see contact emails.

sure, hey did you get that 72 ouncer I had ordered to be delivered to your place??
No delivery person in sight. Poor bugger must have frozen to death on the way here.

Reminds me of the time two of my erstwhile friends wanted me to have a beer with them. "Aw c'mon Andy, just one beer". Finally I relented, and this guy produces one of those damned 40-ounce cans! Nice.

Stalkers, LOL! Poor MotownPhilly will be buried under messages now, I PM'd him earlier, and if he has e-mail notification turned on .... :classic:

Patience folks, I figured 3 weeks for this deal, and it will move very quickly from #26 on, so make sure you plan for that! :wink:

Just bookmark post #1, and you can very quickly check for updates. I'll make every effort to update at least nightly, and Wendy will be helping me out with that as well!

No delivery person in sight. Poor bugger must have frozen to death on the way here.

Reminds me of the time two of my erstwhile friends wanted me to have a beer with them. "Aw c'mon Andy, just one beer". Finally I relented, and this guy produces one of those damned 40-ounce cans! Nice.

rats. I should have known when the guy said he would have to walk all the way there. Probably drank the thing on the way in an attempt to keep warm. Well I tried to get you a 72 ouncer.

Stalkers, LOL! Poor MotownPhilly will be buried under messages now, I PM'd him earlier, and if he has e-mail notification turned on .... :classic:

Patience folks, I figured 3 weeks for this deal, and it will move very quickly from #26 on, so make sure you plan for that! :wink:

Just bookmark post #1, and you can very quickly check for updates. I'll make every effort to update at least nightly, and Wendy will be helping me out with that as well!

Just a thought. Next year, to even the ground a little and reward those who are on here frequently, how about having a "pingpong ball" for every "average post per day" Someone who averages 9-10 posts per day has to be on here a lot, and that number does not change easily after you have been here for a while. New posters would be the only ones who might benefit from that. Just a thought.

Hey, I'm not expecting the guy to pick as soon as he goes on the clock, but I would be more encouraged if he had logged on since the draft order was determined.

Hey, I'm not expecting the guy to pick as soon as he goes on the clock, but I would be more encouraged if he had logged on since the draft order was determined.

exactly. Even if I was so busy I did not have time to check email, I would still try to catch a minute or so to find out where I was in the draft. He has not been on since--Friday? Maybe the only time he has Internet is at his M-F job. If he makes his choice somewhere between 8 am and 5 pm tomorrow--I would guess that to be the case.

No, "stalkers" would be appropriate if we called him up on the phone. :devious: E-mails, PM's, and IM's aren't quite stalking...at least not in my opinion.

I could call him...I found his phone number as well...but I'm not going to, because that would be over the line in my opinion. He'll check back in soon, I hope. And if not, well, at least each person doesn't have a week to make their pick! :laugh:

It's like this every year, rook. :cool: Better find a good book LOL.

No, "stalkers" would be appropriate if we called him up on the phone. :devious: E-mails, PM's, and IM's aren't quite stalking...at least not in my opinion.

I could call him...I found his phone number as well...but I'm not going to, because that would be over the line in my opinion. He'll check back in soon, I hope. And if not, well, at least each person doesn't have a week to make their pick! :laugh:

No sweat. We're stringing up everyone that misses their window this year, so there will be fewer repeat offenders in the future! :pirate:

Oh man, the Packers just scored again, I think I'm gonna hurl.

Next year, to even the ground a little and reward those who are on here frequently, how about having a "pingpong ball" for every "average post per day" Someone who averages 9-10 posts per day has to be on here a lot, and that number does not change easily after you have been here for a while. New posters would be the only ones who might benefit from that. Just a thought.

Interesting idea. That would cut down on the total number of "ping pong balls" for sure. And it would be fairer to the newbies actually.

The posts/day ping pong ball strategy wouldn't work because new people would sign up and post very frequently to get an artificially high PPG.

The posts/day ping pong ball strategy wouldn't work because new people would sign up and post very frequently to get an artificially high PPG.

New people would not be onto it like those of us who have been around a while. It is those of us who are in on this every year who try to up the post count. Well, the average post per day would show what has been done normally--not what is done over just a few days or weeks. Someone who has been here a month, who suddenly decides he wants to up the post count would still have the rest of the month even it out.

Also within minutes of signing up, the post count is registered so the new poster would have to wait until almost the end of the week to sign up, upping the post count along the way, to have that work to his advantage. that is an awful lot for someone to figure out when they are just learning the ropes here.

I like the post/day idea as extra balls on top of the post count balls. You could add a minimum number of posts to qualify for the bonus, like 100, 500, 5000, etc..

I think the current system is good, being based on the overall number of posts. It rewards those who have either been around a long time, or those who simply post a lot. Yet there's still enough of a shot for infrequent or new posters to have a chance at an early pick.

The tweak I would make is to reduce the 24-hour shot clock. If you sign up for the draft, you know when it is. And you know if you won't be able to make a pick in a reasonable amount of time, you might be passed up but you can make your pick later when it's convenient for you.

That said, it's not that big a deal. Those who have been a part of this before know it takes a long time. The pain helps fire up the engines during the final weeks leading to spring training.

Just a thought. Next year, to even the ground a little and reward those who are on here frequently, how about having a "pingpong ball" for every "average post per day" Someone who averages 9-10 posts per day has to be on here a lot, and that number does not change easily after you have been here for a while. New posters would be the only ones who might benefit from that. Just a thought.

That isn't really true. If someone has been around for years and didn't post like Yoda they won't have a big PPD. But if it's a new person and they participate in posting theirs will be alot higher.

That isn't really true. If someone has been around for years and didn't post like Yoda they won't have a big PPD. But if it's a new person and they participate in posting theirs will be alot higher.

You mean like YOU at this time last year?

You mean like YOU at this time last year?

Yeah I believe 18 months ago or so I had a PPD of .28% or so. I mostly Lurked around except for the Game Threads, then I found the B&G...

That's why I suggest there be a minimum, that way you reward the active posters that have been around for some time.

Interesting ideas here, but let's move the AAT procedural discussions to the AAT discussions thread please, if that's OK with the group. I need more room to post football updates here anyway! :classic:

Green Bay Wussies 10 New York Giants 13 !!!!!! 7:56 3rd

that is the point. The reward is for those who live on this site, not for those who don't post much. :wink:

So are most people going to draft minor leaguers or major leaguers in the early rounds of this thing? I'm looking at minor leaguers myself.

So are most people going to draft minor leaguers or major leaguers in the early rounds of this thing? I'm looking at minor leaguers myself.

MotownPhilly currently on the clock with the #4 selection! (until 2:33p Monday)

On Deck: 5 - WMU Dan

In The Hole:

6 - eastside billie

7 - shamrock07

8 - Nolan

Green Bay Wackers 20, NY Football Giants 20 10:09 4th

I have a list for major leaguers and a longer list for minor leaguers. I'm leaning towards minor leaguers. That'd be fun...