Yoda

American Idol '08

Sorry but the new season needs a new thread I think. It's gonna be pretty long, as last year's thread went 700 posts.

Not many thoughts on last night's show. Mostly a bunch of average-sounding singers, and once again they spend way more time on nonsense. I wish they'd stop putting these fools dressed in costumes on tv.

I agree with you, but come on I know the Star Wars chick at the end turned you on, I will say she should have taken her Princess Leia ear muffs off and she would have heard how bad she really was.

I will say that the Shiakira-looking chick that raises horses is smoking hot!! Rarrrr... Same for the blonde that doesn't watch rated-R movies. I like the innocense about her. She didn't say anything about watching non-rated or x-rated movies, so I still have hope.

I will say that the Shiakira-looking chick that raises horses is smoking hot!! Rarrrr... Same for the blonde that doesn't watch rated-R movies. I like the innocense about her. She didn't say anything about watching non-rated or x-rated movies, so I still have hope.

Ahhh... I love Idol. I laughed, I cried, I plugged my ears. :wink: I'm glad it's back! :happy:

The creepy stalker-ish guy who wrote a song for Paula had me laughing until I cried!!

That Alexis chick with the glitter all over her face scared me - she was off her rocker.

I, too, was impressed with the horse trainer girl and the innocent blonde that was last... but probably not for as many reasons as Yoda. :wink:

After one night she (the horses one) is 7 to 6 to win it all. After night one, Her, The guy with blondish dreadlocks and the girl with the sick kid are all top 12 candidates. You know we didn't see a couple of good ones too...

With the Wings getting Thrashed last night, I ended up watching practically all of Idol. So far, the formula is wearing well with me. But I've been a regular viewer for only a season and a half.

I only watched the last 35 minutes or so but the stalker guy quickly became a favorite.

stalker guy reminded me of a stalker I had once, the intense stare, the overall creepiness. The star-spangled girl that shares a studio apartment with her mother and 3 animals is off her rocker, and I doubt she will be becoming a vet any time soon.

....and don't forget the girl from Grand Blanc who made it through to Hollywood!! Yahoo!! I lived in Grand Blanc the first 12 years of my life (on the poor side of the tracks!!)

I will say that the Shiakira-looking chick that raises horses is smoking hot!! Rarrrr... Same for the blonde that doesn't watch rated-R movies. I like the innocense about her.
Agree!!

Horse chick - YES

No R-Rated Chick - Yes

Dred dude - Yes

Grand Blanc - Yes

OK Paula.

No one liked the chest-waxing, Princess Leia as Jabba the Hut's slave dude?

I don't think I would want my 15 minutes of fame if I had to humiliate myself in front of millions of people.

here's my official review of last night.

The best singer was the chick whose last name was Cook - she sang Amazing Grace and IMO it was amazing. I predict she makes it to the top 10.

I also liked the dude who sang the entire song in Spanish. He sounded really good too. I'd like to hear him sing in English.

I think the weirdest guy was the black dude in the suit who was a tour guide in Philly. He was the most scary IMO because he was so serious!

The girl who gave the finger numerous times - well, she was a bit weird -

but I actually thought she sang "Somebody to Love" pretty darn good. That's why they told to her join a cover band. I didn't get why she got so mad AFTER she left. They didn't treat her that badly.

The huge 16 year Temptress -- I felt very bad for her. But these people gotta stop auditioning for IDOL if they can't take the let-down. Did she honestly think she's that good? Some people's families do more harm than good by telling these people how really "good" they are, when in truth they are absolutely horrible.

The "stalker" guy who sang that song to Paula, and approached her -- well, I didn't think he was that weird. I think it was intentional and I didn't think Paula was actually too concerned. I thought the song "stalker" was pretty cool actually.

Tonight's another night of great fun......

I will say that the Shiakira-looking chick that raises horses is smoking hot!! Rarrrr...

I know it's early but she's already at the top of my list.

I only watched the last 35 minutes or so but the stalker guy quickly became a favorite.

The best line of the song..."I am gonna Peter Falk her"!

I've noticed that when I watch these early shows of each season, I often find myself with the urge to go punch someone.

This probably makes me a cold-hearted jerk, but I totally disagree with letting that girl who was in the car crash go to Hollywood. She stunk. Yeah, it's awesome she survived such a bad accident and has a bright outlook on life, but that's no reason to put her through to the next round.

It's a bummer that guy who's never kissed a girl didn't get to Hollywood- he could've hooked up with "No R-rated movie girl." :cheeky:

The Amazing Grace girl needs to find herself, instead of singing as someone else. She has talent. Alania, the girl who sang Faith Hill did good. Geeky Kyle, the double major deserved Hollywood, but no way to make the finals. I liked Carton Swon who sang Down in the Boondocks and also Nina Shaw who did the Whitney Houston song (though she needs to personalize it).

That wasn't "Down in the Boondocks", it was a different song called "Boondocks" by Little Big Town.I believe. Down in the Boondocks is by Billy Jo Royal. I agree that Shaw was pretty good too.

She may have been the best on Wednesday.

I thought Wednesday's show was absolutely terrible - uninteresting and mostly untalented people sang. I guess it always starts like this.

What bugs me the most is that they put numerous people thru, which you see at the end, but you don't get to hear most of them because they are too busy showing the public the nut cases.