DrWho17

Saturday, January 5th, Boston at Detroit

NBA refs? No way!

9:17 DET - R. Hamilton missed a three-pointer in the lane

How is this possible?

LOL

Total BS call for the Celtics. Pierce clearly walks, then gets the shot and 1.

EDIT: on replay, he didn't walk.

Chauncey blew it down the stretch, taking bad shots and missing free throws. Why they took Maxiell out for McDyess I'm not sure either, Davis killed them on the offensive boards.

Chauncey and Rip giveth, Chauncey and Rip taketh away.

BTW: Big Baby killed the Pistons, what's up with that?

Chauncey can be such an idiot sometimes in end of game situations. I'm surprised he didn't throw up his arms and have a mid-air seizure like he usually does in these situations.

Down 3 with 45 seconds to go....you take 10 seconds off the clock (without moving) and chuck up an air ball?? Are you kidding me?? You don't need three points there!

Bad part is, Boston has Detroit's offense figured out already, they've successfully applied Cleveland's defense on Detroit.

Billups' shot at the end was crap. But we know he's going to do that and the team trailed by three at the time already, so that didn't specifically lose the squad the game.

This was the major theme of the night.....

On Detroit's defensive glass

Boston rebounds 36.5% of the time

27 second-chance points.

On Boston's defensive glass

Detroit rebounds 22.2% of the time (and a few of those were late making what was a percentage under 20% the entire game as high as 22.2%).

The Pistons played well enough to dominate the first half but didn't because Boston was getting second chances and dominating with them.

This started to reflect a huge differential inside. I can't recall the exact numbers but it was something like 2-to-1 inside. Boston was attacking well underneath, getting good shots (improving what was something like 33% shooting for the first half and into the second half for a period to 41% by the end of the game. The Pistons were clicking in that first half. They were enjoying good distribution of the ball, playing pretty solid defense and had Garnett in foul trouble. But the result of all that was really nothing because Boston was just killing them with second-chance points. That edge never ended but the Pistons' performance did level off.

I remember us leading and seeing the offensive board ratio for Boston being something like 35% and thinking if this continues this will be a Pistons' loss, especially if they remain this efficient after getting those boards. I mentioned as much to MWG (who was there with me). That trend never ended. The Celtics destroyed us on the boards, on second chance points and points in the paint. It lost the Pistons the game.

Just go down the list that Betrayer always talks about. The Pistons lost about every point on that list last night, and thats why they lost the game.

Yea, and when the Pistons win, they lose the rebound battles as well. The problem with this game is they couldn't shoot from the field, and couldn't make free throws. The Pistons will never win games in the paint, yet they still win a lot of games, and oh hey they beat Boston last time as well.

It's really silly to point this out everytime a Pistons team loses a game, their team is built to shoot high percentage jump shots, you don't get offensive boards when your center is out by the three point line, but you do get open shots for him, which he hits at a good enough percentage. Tayshaun/Billups/McDyess were off last night, and Hamilton was shooting a poor percentage, it's hard to win when that happens, yet the Pistons nearly did.