Tigerclaws

"With their first round pick the Detroit Lions pick" (or should pick)

Well here it is again the best part of the Lions season the off season :confused: .

That said I think the Lions should draft James, Laurinaitis LB 6-3 240 (Ohio State) with their first round pick.

What do you think?

Ryan Clady - OT - Boise State. 6'6 317 pounds. Left Tackle and Offensive line are a must, which means Millen will probably go for another WR, or something.

I think the Lions should draft James, Laurinaitis LB 6-3 240 (Ohio State) with their first round pick.

What do you think?

Great choice, but he will be gone by #15. Take the best CB available which is probably Leodis McKelvin.

A very good cover man with great speed (4.38)and very aggressive in run support. He is also the top return man in the nation.

Laurinaitis will definitely be gone by our pick, but Dan Connor could be there, and if he is he should be our pick.

Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

The Lions need a pass rusher like nobody's business. He could be our Dwight Freeney.

Every pick should be an OL, DL and DB. The need major upgrades on both lines for sure. Secondary help is also needed.

Whoever the best available player at LB, DB, OL, DL is and if all being equal probably in that order.

But I truly feel in my bones that they are going to select a running back.

Whoever the best available player at LB, DB, OL, DL is and if all being equal probably in that order.

But I truly feel in my bones that they are going to select a running back.

That would be very "Lion-esque." Take the flashy pick.

We all know who they're going to pick: the guy with the most "it."

My early candidates:

Aqib Talib CB Kansas

Sam Baker OT USC

Derek Harvey DE Florida

Jeff Otah OT PITT

Ryan Clady OT Boise ST.

Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

Kenny Phillips S Miami

Buddha,

All the justification is there for it.

"We all learned this year we need offensive balance and to do that we need to have a running game. Right now we have a guy that's always hurt (Kevin Jones) and a player (Duckett) that hasn't gotten as many as 100 carries in three years. The offensive line improved during the last few weeks of the regular season and we should be a much better line with a year of maturity and with Woody at right tackle. And with a better running game the defense will be much better because we can ball control. This pick made the most sense for the Detroit Lions."

I have the fear they will take a RB as well, even though it would be silly. RB's/WR's are a dime a dozen, you can get them pretty much any round, or via free agency.

And if you have crap for a line, it really doesn't matter who your RB is.

Every year there is a Samkon Gado who does well behind a quality line.

And if you have crap for a line, it really doesn't matter who your RB is.

Every year there is a Samkon Gado who does well behind a quality line.

look at Ryan Grant in Green Bay.

It seems I say it every year. The defense is awful and keeps getting neglected. This IS the year you need to concentrate on that side of the ball - especially if your head coach is established on the defensive side of the ball. You get anything on offense (and it's a good thing to get) get offensive linemen.

If I ran a team I'd get an offensive line before I ever spent anything or drafted terribly high for the other offensive positions. Those other spots really don't mean a hill of beans if you don't have the offensive line. Been saying this for about 15 years now.....

The thing is defense is the easiest way to turn a team around in the NFL, being consistent is a big deal, and it's much easier to be consistent on the defensive side of the ball. But as Buddha said in the past, Ford doesn't want a stout Defensive team, he wants an exciting team based on offense.

If Millen is still here (I am hoping he is not) a typical pick would be a pick by name only, not by need.

I think a lot depends on whether Martz comes back. If he's back, I'd say take the best OL available. Then again, I like Buddha's choice of Goulston from OSU. I'd most like Jake Long, but assume he'll be long gone.

I think the secondary is the biggest need. The few Lions game I was actually able to watch this year - their secondary got lit up.

Then again, I like Buddha's choice of Goulston from OSU.

Your spelling of Gholston makes Brutus Buckeye cry.

Then again, maybe the Lions will give up their #1 and #3 to sign Derek Anderson...

It wouldn't surprise me.

The thing is, the Lions aren't really a young team. They don't have a core of up and coming players who are ready to break out. Instead, they have a team of average to below average players who might win 8 games if they get a bunch of breaks.

What do people think about Anderson? Would you give up a #1 and a #3 for him?

I think the secondary is the biggest need. The few Lions game I was actually able to watch this year - their secondary got lit up.

Your spelling of Gholston makes Brutus Buckeye cry.

A good pass rush will improve the secondary and the Dline.

Then again, maybe the Lions will give up their #1 and #3 to sign Derek Anderson...

It wouldn't surprise me.

The thing is, the Lions aren't really a young team. They don't have a core of up and coming players who are ready to break out. Instead, they have a team of average to below average players who might win 8 games if they get a bunch of breaks.

What do people think about Anderson? Would you give up a #1 and a #3 for him?

absolutley not.