THECATMAC

Which team will Inge go to?

How about a three team trade with San Diego and Pittsburgh?

The Pirates would get Inge, Zach Miner, Macay McBride, and Clay Rapada from Detroit, and Rhp Justin Germano from the Pads.

The Padres would get OF's Jason Bay from Pittsburgh, and Thames from Detroit. They apparently need some slugging OF's.

The Tigers would get Rhp Matt Capps and Lhp Damaso Marte from the Pirates, while acquiring utility catcher Josh Bard, a swith hitter from SD.

The only weakness this would give the Tigers is the choice between Freddy Guzman, Mike Hessman or Brent Clevlen as the 13th bench player instead of having Thames 18 to 25 homers.

But the bullpen would be set.

CL R Jones

R Rodney

R Capps

L Marte

L Seay

R Grilli to start the season, but Zumaya when he returns

and a battle royal between Rhp's Cruceta, Bazardo, and Bautista

for the middle relief/swing starter role.

EDIT

Pirates still get Inge/Miner/McBride/Rapada/Germano, but flip the trade with the Padres.

Tigers get Bay and keep Guzman and co. at AAA.

Padres get Thames, Chad Durbin and a prospect (Clevlen/M. Hernandez/Ramirez/etc.) for Germano and Bard.

Tigers then get Capps and Marte to fortify bullpen, Bard in case Vance isn't ready by ST, and Jason Bay to platoon in LF with Jacque.

Throwing Bay to the Tigers instead of the Padres, and thwarting the Indians chances at acquiring Bay...wouldn't that be an upgrade?

EDIT

Pirates still get Inge/Miner/McBride/Rapada/Germano, but flip the trade with the Padres.

Tigers get Bay and keep Guzman and co. at AAA.

Padres get Thames, Chad Durbin and a prospect (Clevlen/M. Hernandez/Ramirez/etc.) for Germano and Bard.

Tigers then get Capps and Marte to fortify bullpen, Bard in case Vance isn't ready by ST, and Jason Bay to platoon in LF with Jacque.

Throwing Bay to the Tigers instead of the Padres, and thwarting the Indians chances at acquiring Bay...wouldn't that be an upgrade?

No offense, but reading this "Inge/Miner/McBride/Rapada" makes me think video game trade. I'm a fan of Inge and Miner, but a whole bunch of nothing really doesn't add up to much in real life.

Things cool down after the trade, and no real options for his contract on any other MLB team ... Inge stays in Detroit after all??

I think he has a role in Detroit, if he'd accept it. Are second thoughts possible?

Inge thinks he's too good for that. He's quite a legend in his own mind.

So the Tigers get Bard, Marte, Capps and Jason Bay for a bunch of spare parts? Seems like pipe dream to me. It would an amazing deal for the Tigers and a decent deal for the Padres and below average deal for the Pirates (I'd rather have Lee, Shoppach, and Gutierrez from the Indians for Bay and Paulino than do that deal with the Tigers/Padres).

True. The Pirates/Indians deal would be the better deal.

But here's another possibilty. The Brewers.

It appears that the Brewers are in the market for a TRUE third baseman.

I'd say Brandon qualifies as a true third baseman.

Talks between the Cardinals and Brewers about Scott Rolen have cooled, and I can't really immagine two NL Central teams dealing with each other.

The Brewers have lost Francisco Cordero and Scott Linebrink to free agency, but have replenished their pen with free agents David Riske, and now

Eric Gagne. Add Guillermo Mota and newly acquired Soloman Torres (if he doesn't retire), and that's a decent overhaul.

Now, that might make either Carlos Villanueva (25), or Derrick Turnbow (30) possible trade bait for Inge and a random loogey like McBride or Rapada.

They are both solid relievers, (Villanueva can start) and would fit in well with our pen.

Turnbow would be an instant 7th or 8th inning set up guy, while Villanueva would fit in well with our other additions of Cruceta and Bautista.

Inge for Villanueva? I'd do that deal in a nanosecond !!

As for the Nats, they have a very fine third sacker (Ryan Zimmerman), so I don't see Brandon going there.

How about a three team trade with San Diego and Pittsburgh?

The Pirates would get Inge, Zach Miner, Macay McBride, and Clay Rapada from Detroit, and Rhp Justin Germano from the Pads.

The Padres would get OF's Jason Bay from Pittsburgh, and Thames from Detroit. They apparently need some slugging OF's.

The Tigers would get Rhp Matt Capps and Lhp Damaso Marte from the Pirates, while acquiring utility catcher Josh Bard, a swith hitter from SD.

The only weakness this would give the Tigers is the choice between Freddy Guzman, Mike Hessman or Brent Clevlen as the 13th bench player instead of having Thames 18 to 25 homers.

But the bullpen would be set.

CL R Jones

R Rodney

R Capps

L Marte

L Seay

R Grilli to start the season, but Zumaya when he returns

and a battle royal between Rhp's Cruceta, Bazardo, and Bautista

for the middle relief/swing starter role.

Wow, the Pirates sure get a whole lot of nothing for two pretty damn good players.

Inge for Villanueva? I'd do that deal in a nanosecond !!

As for the Nats, they have a very fine third sacker (Ryan Zimmerman), so I don't see Brandon going there.

Three team trade? Zimmerman to ????? and Inge to the Nationals and Mystery Player to the Tigers?

Why would the Nationals trade Zimmerman for Inge? Come on guys....

Batting
Year Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
2005 WAS 20 58 6 23 10 0 0 6 3 12 0 0 .397 .419 .569 .988
2006 WAS 157 614 84 176 47 3 20 110 61 120 11 8 .287 .351 .471 .822
2007 WAS 162 653 99 174 43 5 24 91 61 125 4 1 .266 .330 .458 .788
Career 339 1325 189 373 100 8 44 207 125 257 15 9 .282 .343 .469 .812

Three team trade? Zimmerman to ????? and Inge to the Nationals and Mystery Player to the Tigers?

Not going to happen. Nats would never eat $19 Mil.

Another possibility if the Dodgers were interested in Inge, could include any of Rhp's Scott Proctor, Eric Hull or INF Tony Abreu-S.

Although I'm not sure what relations are between the two teams after last Tuesday.

Angels get 3B Scott Rolen/OF Marcus Thames/prospect 1B Jeff Larish

Dodgers get 3B Brandon Inge

Cardinals get 3B Andy LaRoche/Rhp Nick Adenhart

Tigers Rhp Justin Speier (another former Marlin),

and 2 prospects C Jeff Mathis and Rhp Christopher Perez.

just pondering.

just pondering.

Larish is gonna stay. We can't give away ALL our prospects. I swear, we're gonna hate Dombrowski for this come 2012.

Larish is gonna stay. We can't give away ALL our prospects. I swear, we're gonna hate Dombrowski for this come 2012.

If we have a world series ring or two, how could anyone hate DD. Isn't the point of playing the game to win?

Let's not forget, for your time frame, we have 4 drafts. Are Chadd and DD suddenly going to lose the ability to evaluate talent and draft players?

just pondering.

Mathis isn't a prospect. He's pretty bad. Perez is nice, but I'd doubt the Cards (who dumped Jockety because he wasn't into drafting and developing) would trade one of their top prospects, when they clearly are going in the direction of player development right now.

inge probably has a current value of a single turnbow right now..straight up...with the tigers eating half the contract...but that might be exactly the kind of deal the tigers need...i know it's not spectacular...nor is it value for value...but it makes the tweaks this team needs at a cost it can afford...prospects might be even better...but neither is a deal that has to be done tomorrow...i'd let the dust settle and see who just doesn't have a starting thirdbaseman come springtime...

Inge thinks he's too good for that. He's quite a legend in his own mind.

Love your user name, but have to disagree with your comment. I don't think it's ego at all. I would say it's simply a matter of his wanting an everyday starting position, not thinking he's hot sh*t and too good for the bench. If anything he seems pretty hard on himself- I remember when he read the lineup on ESPN he made a face when he got to himself and called himself "Brandon 'Butterfingers' Inge"

Inge is so intense in the way he plays, I have a feeling he's the kind who can't stand to sit out. I think if he was sitting out for days on end he'd be pacing around the dugout like an angry cat in a small cage.

It's so hard because there are other, more attractive third-basemen around. Some have big contracts and others not.

We've heard about Rolen, Tejada (he'd be willing to play 3B) and some others. They're big names with big bats and big contracts. Inge is a nice alternative to them. However, the Padres are likely to non-tender Morgan Ensberg. He could be had for a one-year deal - Philadelphia is said to prefer him greatly to Inge, partly because of the dollars but also because they like his upside with the bat. They've had a good-field, no-hit third baseman and don't want one again.

How ya gonna deal Inge for anything substantial without pickup much of his contract when there are equally good players out there with more offensive upside for less money and fewer years of commitment?

I wouldn't expect to get any great prospects or MLB players for Inge straight up. Not only does he not hit very well, but teams know that we're in a position where we basically have to unload him. Not always a formula for getting the highest return on an investment.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/story/2007/12/8/13059/4368

Idea. Package Inge with Nate Robertson (left starter) to Milwaukee for Chris Capuano and Carlos Villanueva. Pick up enough of Inge's contract.

Capuano needs a change of scenery and would thrive with Comerica's vastness and the Tigers' offense. Including Nate convinces Milwaukee to take Brandon. We still have a great rotation #1-#5.