potthole

Brian Bluhm Plaque Dedication

Thank you very much everybody for the kind words. Everybody here on the Motownsports community deserves major props for working together to make this memorial become a reality.

I'm working on a little surprise for Brian's parents. It's almost ready, and when it is I will post a photo for everybody.

This is a beautiful thing that you have all done. I don't know how I've been so lame as to not have read these until now. But there are tears in my eyes and a photo of the plaque set up as my desktop background now.

I couldn't have been there for the dedication as I live in San Diego. My wife has never been to Michigan but she's expressed great interest in going there with me sometime to see where I was raised, meet the handful of remaining relatives, etc. I'd told her about Brian's story at the time of the VT murders and she was touched by all of your thoughts then. I just told her about the plaque a moment ago and she suggested we make a sidetrip to Grand Rapids when we make that Michigan trip, so we can view the plaque. Is she not a phenomenal woman? I am so blessed.

If it's not too late, I'd like to contribute financially. Could someone who is less lame than I send me instructions on how to do that? Thanks.

levine.bruce@gmail.com

You can donate via paypal to oblong@wowway.com

If that isn't an option, send me a PM and I'll give you my address. I've been collecting money on behalf of the site and will send it all to the family's fund at VT once we're finished buying what we want to get.

(some others have expressed an interest in donating and there may be news on another plaque, that's why I still have that money.)

Matt,

Well done. I hope this brings some closure to you and the members of this message board. I am truely impressed with everyones efforts on this board. Again, very nice job to you and everyone involved.

Jeff

Maybe this is the wrong place and maybe it's not allowed here (if it is not allowed, moderators feel free to remove), but here it is.

Ever since reading about the fund for Brian, I've wanted to contribute, but could never find the funds. After seeing the video of the plaque presentation I tried to be creative and I think I have found a way to give.

I have multiple Tigers and/or baseball related merchandise listed on eBay. 100% of the profit from these auctions will be sent to Oblong via PayPal. The auctions can be found by searching for my eBay user id ( Fryman24 ).

I really never post on this site, but I am a dedicated reader and I am STILL, to this day, moved at how the board reacted to the tragedy and what has been done since. It's something that I really want to be part of (even if I am months behind everyone else :silly: )

Thanks, Matt, and all who were (and still are) involved in this project.

Without sounding too corny, I just want to say that the "heart" of this place, our little community, continues to astound and warm me with the passing of each and every day.

Ok, I've completed the gift I will be sending down to Brian's parents. I will be sending them this on behalf of all of us here at Motownsports.

2051163326_12978f4852.jpg

I'll be sending them an 8x10 framed photo of the memorial plaque. A clipping of the Grand Rapids Press article about the plaque. A copy of the speech I gave at the dedication. And also a CD with photos from the plaque dedication ceremony.

I have multiple Tigers and/or baseball related merchandise listed on eBay. 100% of the profit from these auctions will be sent to Oblong via PayPal. The auctions can be found by searching for my eBay user id ( Fryman24 ).
What a terrific idea. I also know that E-Bay has a special program for charity auctions. If you haven't checked it out, go to:

http://givingworks.ebay.com/

Ok, I've completed the gift I will be sending down to Brian's parents. I will be sending them this on behalf of all of us here at Motownsports.

I'll be sending them an 8x10 framed photo of the memorial plaque. A clipping of the Grand Rapids Press article about the plaque. A copy of the speech I gave at the dedication. And also a CD with photos from the plaque dedication ceremony.

Very classy; many thanks.

Outstanding job potthole.

I got word today that Brian's parents have gotten the package. They were touched to see the contents, and according to Brian's sister Angela, they were sad, but at the same time happy that people care so much.

A lot of people would have let the ball drop on this. Thank you Potthole that you didn't. You've followed this thru. Great job. I'm proud of everyone here.

Pothole you did an awesome thing for us Morons and also for his family. Don;t think for 1 minute that Brian's parents were upset about this. Seeing these things for the first time are very hard but also very comforting to his family. They will treasure them be very thankful that he had many friends who he never even met.

I got a Christmas card from Brian's parents. I thought it would be fitting to share with everybody what they wrote.

Thanks for all that you have done. Brian would be amazed. We know God's plan is always right, but we miss Brian (for now)- so very much. Motownsports has been over the top! We will treasure it all. The picture is up and greeting people to our home. Keep in touch. Thanks to all!