potthole

Brian Bluhm Plaque Dedication

This is a formal invitation to anybody and everybody.

On Thursday, November 15 there will be a dedication ceremony for Brian's memorial plaque at Fifth Third Ballpark in Grand Rapids. The event will take place on the main concourse outside of the ballpark, up near the ticket windows.

The ceremony will begin at 2:00 p.m. We will unveil the plaque, and take some time to remember Brian. We would love for as many people to attend this as possible.

Please post in here if you think you might attend, so I can help pass along a head-count to the Whitecaps for this event.

There is no chance that I will attend, but I will be there in "spirit". Thanks for your efforts in putting this together Matt - you rule! : )

Can't be there on November 15, but it'll be the first thing I look for when I get back to Fifth Third for a game. This has to mean a lot to Brian's family, too.

Could you post some pics of the event and the plaque for us who can't attend? Hope you do.

I'll be doing some speaking at the event, so I probably won't be able to take photos myself with my nice camera, but I will be able to get some nice photos of the plaque, and I'm sure I can ask my fiance to get some photos of the actual event using her point and shoot camera.

I'll be doing some speaking at the event, so I probably won't be able to take photos myself with my nice camera, but I will be able to get some nice photos of the plaque, and I'm sure I can ask my fiance to get some photos of the actual event using her point and shoot camera.

Thanks. Hope your speaking goes well. Thanks for doing this!

Yes, thanks to everyone who's worked hard on this.

For obvious reasons it's a wee bit far for me to get to after work. I'd love to be there though - it's actually a reason I'd get on a plane for. Look forward to the pics.

Obviously, I will be in Chicago, but I wish you all (including Brian) good luck. This forum (and the rest of the world, for that matter) will never be the same without him.

Would love to be there, but can't on the 15th. May God be with all of you present that day, to uplift and comfort you. It's going to be awesome!

aw shucks. i will be in town for Thanksgiving the following week. i'm sorry i will miss it.

Do you think you'd be able to get it on the news any before that day?

From talking with people at the Whitecaps, I believe they will be trying to get word out about this event to the press.

I'll be there, as long as I don't have to talk to the media.

It would be awesome if you can come, and I will make sure you don't have to talk to the media.

Wish someone could get some video of the ceremony.

If the Whitecaps get the word out to the press, like I'm thinking they will, I hope that one of the local TV stations will do a report. If so, I will be sure to get links to video.

Man, if it was on Wednesday, I'd make the drive out and offer to shoot pictures, but Thursdays consist of working from 8A-4P and school after that. Well done potthole on taking charge of this and getting it done. Great job!

I'm going to do my best to try to make it over there. 2:00 may be doable.

That would be wonderful if you could make it!

Wish Huey and I could be there. I will be working 50 hours a week til the end of the year so no way we can get away.

Awesome job. Hope our park will do as good a job as yours.

I've cleared my schedule & plan on leaving Midland around 9-9:30. Anybody wanted to grab lunch before heading over to the dedication? Just let me know when & where.