billfer

Tigers trade Jurrjens, Hernandez for Renteria

I have a gift. :grin:
Holy ****. You should be in the National Enquirer or Psychic Friends. Wisely though, you didn't reveal that Adam Everett would be our next shortstop - because we would have accused you of witchcraft and tried to float you in the GM Fountains .....

Originally Posted by RobSk View Post

49 OOZ plays last year.

Overall, I'd have been much happier with this deal if he was 28. Most 32 year old SS are within a couple of years of moving elsewhere, the amazing Omar Vizquel not withstanding. I'm not a big Hernandez lover, but two good prospects for a couple of years of average SS play seems like it's probably too high a price.

Rob

I didn't like this one, and I wish I'd been wrong. :(

Rob

Nice try, those who don't know, the Tigers didn't have Dontrell or Gallaraga when the trade fro Renteria was made.

I was thinking about this thread while reading the Joyce one. I remember a lot of people loving that trade, more so than this one. So I was hopeful it would work out the opposite. For the record I don't think Joyce is anything special other than hitting left handed which the Tigers seem to not value at all, but I don't like Edwin Jackson.

I was all for trading him, just dont like E Jackson.

Yeah reading this I was definately way,way,way wrong......that is what I get for being the eternal "homer" optimist though.....I even like the Joyce for Jackson deal.......I am sure that will bite me in the rear too, but I can't help it

Awesome analysis.

I've been thinking about this trade for awhile now and I wanted it to sink in before I commented again. I don't like it and it's no coincidence the Braves went after Jurrjens. I haven't seen a young pitcher with a feel for pitching like Jurrjens since a young Greg Maddux. This kid is special. He's not DD's idea of a great prospect because he doesn't throw 95. Big, big, big mistake. Why would we trade away arguably our 2nd best starter who's only 21 years old (he was better than Bonderman, Rogers is 40 years old)? People get so enamored with a great lineup that they trade away pitching. Dumb move. Very short sighted. And this comes from arguably DD's biggest supporter on this board.

I was wrong. We traded our best starting pitcher.

We've set things right.

Chris Iott ‏@Chris_Iott 4m

Jair Jurrjens signs minor-league deal with Detroit Tigers, will join Triple-A Toledo on Friday

Who got the better end of that Renteria trade now!

Atlanta.

Renteria was a total bust. I've never seen a SS drop 4 easy pop-ups like he did in the one year he played with us.

Meanwhile, JJ was winning games for the Braves.

So.. when do the Tigers sign Nate Robertson to a minor league deal?

Suddenly, Kenny Rogers has hope of another MLB paycheck.