ewsieg

Would you?

Would you trade Kobe for Sheed and Rip  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Kobe for Sheed and Rip

• yes
    • no

Listening to some local sports radio today, the question was posed, what would you give up for Kobe Bryant.

After many differnt takes, a person called in with a deal that the host believed was do'able as well as fair. What would you do?

Kobe Bryant for Sheed, Hamilton, 2nd round next year, 1st and 2nd the year after.

This gives you:

Billups

Bryant

Prince

Fill in....d

Would you do this?

So basically we'll be the Lakers of the Eastern Conference? Good perimeter players and no interior players? If they throw in Kwame Brown call it a deal.

So basically we'll be the Lakers of the Eastern Conference? Good perimeter players and no interior players? If they throw in Kwame Brown call it a deal.

Wake up, we are already the Lakers of the ECF. Might as well have Kobe too.

Which "interior" players would we be losing in that deal?

Actually, we'd be gaining one - someone that can actually take the ball to the hoop and finish above the rim.

Kobe and scrubs is enough to win the East.

I can't believe 4 people voted no.

Without Sheed are frontcourt would be horrible. If I have seen more from Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell last year, my answer may be different. with McDyess a health concern, I cant say we would be better with kobe and a McDyess/Nazr frontcourt

the trade itself is a good one, but it leaves us too bare in the frontcourt

Without Sheed are frontcourt would be horrible. If I have seen more from Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell last year, my answer may be different. with McDyess a health concern, I cant say we would be better with kobe and a McDyess/Nazr frontcourt

the trade itself is a good one, but it leaves us too bare in the frontcourt

Kobe will be the froncourt, backcourt, sidecourt, Whatever. HE is the lebron for us. We will be a better version of the Cavs.

Kobe will be the froncourt, backcourt, sidecourt, Whatever. HE is the lebron for us. We will be a better version of the Cavs.

Id take Gooden/Sideshow Bob/Ilgauskus over our frontcourt

Kobe/Billups may be better then LeBron, but im not worried about him that much, it wouldnt be better than KG/Ray Allen/ Paul Pierce

I would only do that trade if Joe can sign C-Webb. I know Webber isn't that good anymore, but hitstick is right. A frontcourt of Dice, Nazr, Amir, and Max could be a disaster going up against a team like Boston. It could be really good too, but there are too many ?'s to make me comfortable with it over the course of 82 games + playoffs.

But Billups/Kobe/Tay/Webber/Amir/Max/Nazr/Stuckey/Afflalo/Hayes/Hunter could be good enough to win a championsip if we get enough bounces. I definitely think it would make us favorites in the East.

But LAL would never make that trade in a million years. :sigh:

I voted yes, but that deal would never happen. A deal that I think would be feasible and one I would do would be:

Rip

Tayshaun

Amir Johnson

FOR

Kobe Bean Bryant

Tayshaun is my favorite Piston and I would hate to part with him, but I think he would be a young piece that the Lakers would welcome along with Amir. Kobe is a once or twice in a generation player and I would do anything it took to get him in a Pistons Uni.

Which "interior" players would we be losing in that deal?

Actually, we'd be gaining one - someone that can actually take the ball to the hoop and finish above the rim.

As much as people like to hate on Rasheed, he still is one of the better interior defenders.

I really don't see how the Pistons would be better then Cleveland after this trade.

You are looking at a front court of Maxiell and Mohammed. A trio of Billups, Prince, and Kobe is nice, but I don't know if that is a shoo-in for the finals like people think.

I voted yes, but that deal would never happen. A deal that I think would be feasible and one I would do would be:

Rip

Tayshaun

Amir Johnson

FOR

Kobe Bean Bryant

Tayshaun is my favorite Piston and I would hate to part with him, but I think he would be a young piece that the Lakers would welcome along with Amir. Kobe is a once or twice in a generation player and I would do anything it took to get him in a Pistons Uni.

Rasheed is a more tradable player IMO then Prince. He only has 2 more years on his contract, which would mean cap space. LA coul take him this year and play him, and possibly trade him next offseason, or keep him and let his salary come off the books. Prince, IMO isn't a player you build a team around.

I really don't see how the Pistons would be better then Cleveland after this trade.

Keep in mind that Cleveland still hasn't signed Pavlovic or Sideshow Bob. If those guys don't resign, I would definitely take a sheed-less Pistons (adding Kobe) over the cavs.

PG Billups/Stuckey

SG Kobe/hell, could be me

SF Prince/Hayes

PF Maxiell/Johnson

C Mohammed/McDyess

Resign Webber for extra beef up front, but play him sparingly in the regular season and save him for the playoffs. Additional bench of Afflalo and Hunter, probably Mejia, Samb, Dupree (moreso practice squad players than actual game contributors). Yeah, I'd do that trade.

PG Billups/Stuckey

SG Kobe/hell, could be me

SF Prince/Hayes

PF Maxiell/Johnson

C Mohammed/McDyess

Resign Webber for extra beef up front, but play him sparingly in the regular season and save him for the playoffs. Additional bench of Afflalo and Hunter, probably Mejia, Samb, Dupree (moreso practice squad players than actual game contributors). Yeah, I'd do that trade.

I actually think Billups would have to be moved right after the trade. As shown last year, he is the type of player who needs the ball in his hands a good majority of the time. That wouldn't be possible with Bryant around.

Move Billups for some upgrade at the big man spot plus a PG who can play a bit of D and get the ball past half court and hand it to Kobe.