whitecapwendy

The official countdown to opening day 2008 thread

Friday January 11, 2008

31 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 11 assumption)

80 days until opening day

If reporting date is indeed Feb 11, we are exactly one month away.

I thought I had read that pitchers & catchers report on Feb 19?? Has anyone else heard that? I hope I'm wrong because Feb. 11 sounds a whole lot better to me!!

I haven't heard anything. I just assumed since the regular season starts in March, that it would be a little earlier. You are the first person to have heard any reporting date. Can anyone verify it?

With pitchers and catchers reporting on Feb. 14th, the official Tigers Love Fest 2008 will begin on Valentine's Day! How sweet is that?

With pitchers and catchers reporting on Feb. 14th, the official Tigers Love Fest 2008 will begin on Valentine's Day! How sweet is that?

I thought about my love for baseball and Valentines day, but you put it much more poetically than I could have found the words for. Thank you for my new sig line. :classic:

Monday January 14, 2008

31 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 14)

78 days until opening day

It is now *officially* exactly one month until pitchers and catchers report

Monday January 14, 2008

31 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 14)

78 days until opening day

It is now *officially* exactly one month until pitchers and catchers report

I thought you'd all might like to know that there is a counter now on MLB.com, now I admit it's not as good as the job Wendy has done. But it does do minutes and seconds. :cheeky:

I thought you'd all might like to know that there is a counter now on MLB.com, now I admit it's not as good as the job Wendy has done. But it does do minutes and seconds. :cheeky:

Do you have a precise link for that?

Last year, someone gave me a link to such a counter, and it was fun having it on the site until the owner of it discovered it on this site and took it off, blasting me in the process. Sorry, not doing it again.

Last year, someone gave me a link to such a counter, and it was fun having it on the site until the owner of it discovered it on this site and took it off, blasting me in the process. Sorry, not doing it again.

Of course of course, And just think in a month it won't be needed.

Of course of course, And just think in a month it won't be needed.

In a month, we will be drooling even more for opening day. :classic: I will still be counting down (not only to opening day, but to my spring training trip as well--it just may get added to the list when pitchers and catchers reporting is finished).

Saturday January 19, 2008

26 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 14)

38 days until first spring training game

73 days until opening day

(59 days until my Florida vacation)