whitecapwendy

The official countdown to opening day 2008 thread

I am going to assume February 11 for pitchers and catchers reporting until/unless I hear otherwise

134 days until pitchers and catchers report

183 days until opening day

I been to a Redwings preseason game, Pistons are ready for the season, and the Lions just won their 3rd game!!!! When the Wings and Pistons start the post season, baseball will be back..hopfully the Lions will make a good run at it..oh, and spring training!!!

I gotta say, I welcome the end of the season. This season was exhausting to follow. So many highs and lows just wore me out. I've been wondering what we're gonna do this off-season since May, so there should still be some fun things to keep track of for the next few months.

I been to a Redwings preseason game, Pistons are ready for the season, and the Lions just won their 3rd game!!!! When the Wings and Pistons start the post season, baseball will be back..hopfully the Lions will make a good run at it..oh, and Spring Training!!!

I corrected your mistake. One must ^^^ capitalize "Spring Training".

I corrected your mistake. One must ^^^ capitalize "Spring Training".

Thank you Mr. Grammar corrector... or is it speller corrector? or the designated person that won't be able to sleep if it is not correct?

Thank you Mr. Grammar corrector... or is it speller corrector? or the designated person that won't be able to sleep if it is not correct?

Nothing to do with grammar. It merely is a case of proper reverence for the event.

I am sad to see baseball ending (regular season). Sure, the post season could be exciting, but this regular season has definitely been up and down, and baseball really hasn't been the same for me since April 16th.

Things I look forward to--opening day, when there's that air of "what's going to happen this year" and "who's going to show up, and who isn't".

Things I don't look forward to--first Tigers-O's game, and Brian can't go. He'll be there, but it won't be the same as April 11th this year. (Sorry to get sentimental.)

I was actually okay. I hate to see the season end, but I loved the classy way in which the Tigers finished it. Since discovering motownsports.com, the off season isn't near as bad as it used to be--I now have friends to share my passion for baseball, and having others to talk about baseball with really helps the off season for me. It probably helps that I am currently working on my plans to attend Spring Training. Something about that anticipation helps a great deal as well.

I was actually okay. I hate to see the season end, but I loved the classy way in which the Tigers finished it. Since discovering motownsports.com, the off season isn't near as bad as it used to be--I now have friends to share my passion for baseball, and having others to talk about baseball with really helps the off season for me. It probably helps that I am currently working on my plans to attend Spring Training. Something about that anticipation helps a great deal as well.

Agreed. I didn't know about this place until earlier this year. I definitely think this off-season will be easier to handle than last year for me. :classic:

I won't be able to sleep until Spring Training begins. Does that count? :)

figure skating season begins this week with all the hopefuls off to regionals. My season as a judge should be starting very soon, I have submitted my paperwork for a promotion to a silver level test judge and invitations to judge series should be forthcoming. One season ends, another begins...

Sad to see the end but what a fantastic game to end the season on! It has to bode well for next year. Congrats to Maggs and all the other milestones achieved in that game.

By the way, to help while away the long winter, I will be starting up another Simnasium (now Diamond Mind Online) league, probably sometime around Thanksgiving week. Mark your calendars.

This year it's going to be a "man among midgets" league: $40 million team cap, $3 million player max with one exemption.

It's so weird getting out of my 6:20pm class and NOT rushing back to my apartment for my evening of Tigers baseball. Very sad. Good thing the Pistons start up soon. I'm not much of a hockey fan.