Willie Hernandez MVP

Wade Boggs, Beer question?

2 less than Aurelio Lopez, 5 less than Gaylorad Perry, and 12 less than Terry Forster.

This reminds about the time Wade took me out to go get a drink with him. We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Boggs takes me to a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." We sat there for a year and a half and sure enough someone constructs a bar around us. The day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Boggsy yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found em!

Wade Boggs is a son of a *****

This reminds about the time Wade took me out to go get a drink with him. We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Boggs takes me to a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." We sat there for a year and a half and sure enough someone constructs a bar around us. The day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Boggsy yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found em!

Wade Boggs is a son of a *****

TO WADE BOGGS!!!

It's commonly known in certain circles, that during Wade Bogg's 240 hit season of 1985, Mr. Boggs really only accumulated 57 of his own hits. In the winter of 1984, Boggs started his own business, Boggs Batting and Beer Drinking, LLC. He hired 13 amateur look-a-likes from various colleges in corresponding MLB cities to play for him, while he consumed as many different, local beers as he could.

Incidentally, Wade and his 13 look-a-likes live on a cottage in Davis County, Utah

Some years ago, in Tampa, a police officer was shot dead during an arrest, leaving behind a wife and children. Wade Boggs set up a table in a mall, and sat there and signed autographs for hours on end for $10 each, of which every bit went to the officer's family. He sat there until no one was left standing. I brought a photo of the '86 Red Sox. Buckner was pictured in the front row with his legs spread. I asked if he would sign in the croquet wickets, but he wouldn't do it, and didn't really think it was funny.

Like all of us, Mr Boggs is neither good nor bad; somewhere in between. Except I don't have 3000 hits. Or enough beer.