tigersfandm

Tiger Stadium Auction starts today!

Greatest comback EVER. I'm impressed, Dom, I really am.

I'll bring my seats too, so can Yoda. We'll all sit around a campfire in them.

Yeah if Yoda and TigerCub come you probably would need to bring them... since I would only have two seats.

This way our beer can rest on the empty seats...

So let's get back on topic then.

Who's buying the urinal. I almost convinced my wife I was buying it but then she freaked out...I don't understand why, I mean who wouldn't want this in their house?

DSCF0454.JPG

Greatest comback EVER. I'm impressed, Dom, I really am.

I'll bring my seats too, so can Yoda. We'll all sit around a campfire in them.

The strange thing is, I can visualize a bunch of "MotownSportsers" actually doing this. And it wouldn't surprise me if something like this actually happened.

We fans are a funny bunch.

The strange thing is, I can visualize a bunch of "MotownSportsers" actually doing this. And it wouldn't surprise me if something like this actually happened.

We fans are a funny bunch.

Probably already been done, actually. Wouldn't surprise me if someone already has some seats out here.

Paying $300 for a piece of as-is memorabilia in unknown condition from a service that nobody has ever used before may not be the wisest thing in the world. I think a few of you may get the piece that you are expecting but many more will have some level of disappointment when the actual seats arrive.

I'd also love to see the moment that potthole starts to set up the faded blue seats in the foyer of the newlywed house only to get the astonished "Oh my god, you actually thought I was serious" look.

I'd also love to see the moment that potthole starts to set up the faded blue seats in the foyer of the newlywed house only to get the astonished "Oh my god, you actually thought I was serious" look.

Or the moment he suggests to her that they christen the seats.

Paying $300 for a piece of as-is memorabilia in unknown condition from a service that nobody has ever used before may not be the wisest thing in the world. I think a few of you may get the piece that you are expecting but many more will have some level of disappointment when the actual seats arrive.

The fact they only sold 200 pairs of the Tiger Den seats "sold me," per se, because when I took a sneak peak into the stadium in 2004, and many of the Den seats were pretty damaged. A lot of the fabric was torn, some Old English D's were missing, etc.

I think the same will hold true for the blue seats. Will they be perfect? Absolutely not. I wouldn't expect them to be. But for $300, I am not expecting a piece of crap, either.

Does anyone have approximate dimensions on two seats?

About two seats long, by 1 seat high, by 1 seat deep.

But that's probably not helpful.

I bought a pair of seats for myself to be my birthday present come November 10. So......happy birthday to me - two months early!

She swears that she's serious. I knew I made the right choice when I fell in love with her.

Or the moment he suggests to her that they christen the seats.

...Uh. No... I've never thought about that... :ponder:

I broke down and bought my seats. I wasn't going to at first, then I was going to wait awhile and mull it over. Finally I started panicking that they'd all be sold out at any moment and so I took the plunge.

No clue where I'll be putting them.

I agree it's a bit risky and not the type of risk I would generally take. However, I've wanted one of those seats for a while and I think this will be the best opportunity to get it at a reasonable price. I'm pretty much expecting the seats to be in less than ideal condition but part of the charm of this type of memorabilia is that it looks old and worn. As long as they are not totally disgusting (after cleaning it), I'll be happy.

So let's get back on topic then.

Who's buying the urinal. I almost convinced my wife I was buying it but then she freaked out...I don't understand why, I mean who wouldn't want this in their house?

DSCF0454.JPG

My wife said that I should get the urinal for my bathtub Mary.

I'm pretty much expecting the seats to be in less than ideal condition but part of the charm of this type of memorabilia is that it looks old and worn. As long as they are not totally disgusting (after cleaning it), I'll be happy.

I think it'll be sort of neat if they're sort of faded, rusty, or a little dinged up. I'm already excited to clean the dirt and dust off, along with any sort of marks I can. The big thing I am hoping for is that the seats will move up and down, and that they are structually sound enough to still sit in.

Where are those big 20' long urinals from the mens room, where I used to hang out with all my pals? I wanted to put one along our front porch and plant tulips in it.

Hello,

Ok People Here's your chance.

My name is Dan Rosenthal. I am with schneider industries and I am running the Tiger Stadium sale.

You got questions? Get the answers here from the source himself.

Couple of quick answers. We are only selling functioning seats! They will go up and down like in the stadium. They come with a Bracket that help them stand. This Bracket is sturdy and sound.

This is not the first stadium We have ever done.

Our seat team has completed the removal of seats at many stadiums. RFK, Comiskey,Soldier Field and Busch Stadium to name a few

So fire away.

Dan

Today I spoke with the Brother-in-law of our school secretary who is a huge Cards fan and lives in STL. He bought seats from these guys when they did the STL sale and was pleased with the outcome. I too was having scary thoughts but he was reassuring.

I feel better now.

Hello,

My name is Dan Rosenthal. I am with schneider industries and I am running the Tiger Stadium sale.

You got questions? Get the answers here from the source himself.

Couple of quick answers. We are only selling functioning seats! They will go up and down like in the stadium. They come with a Bracket that help them stand. This Bracket is sturdy and sound.

This is not the first stadium We have ever done.

Our seat team has completed the removal of seats at many stadiums. RFK, Comiskey,Soldier Field and Busch Stadium to name a few

So fire away.

Dan

This post should make you guys feel better about the purchase. Who knows, I may even buy a set.

I bought a pair of seats last night. At least I'm certain of where I'll be sitting on Opening Day '08.

Hello,

My name is Dan Rosenthal.

Assuming this is really Dan, welcome to the board!

I was curious about a couple of things:

1 - What's happening with the orange seats?

2 - How many pairs of seats have been sold so far and how many do you estimate are still available?

3 - What's being done with the 1984 World Series banner sign? It's the only one not up for auction as far as I can tell.