Shinma

9/16/07: Vikings @ Lions. Week 2.

McKown isn't one of the two worst in the league, he can throw. Minnesota's QB is bad, Atlanta has Harrington, Washington's QB is bad, Rex Grossman is terrible, Cleveland's QB is bad. McKown is in the upper echelon of the lower 1/3 of NFL QB's.

McCown really isn't that good. Cleveland's QB had 5 TDs today...

(Kitna) is one tough SOB, and from the look of things, he doesn't take any crap from anyone on this team. That is EXACTLY what this team has needed for a long time.

Agreed. He's gonna get injured at some point, but he's fun to watch when he's on the field.

Detroit owns the state of Minnesota this weekend.

Congrats to the Lions. I like what Rod Marinelli is doing with the team. I think you got a special coach and a special human being. Good for him that he is doing well with his team and great for the Lions fans.

Lack of a running game really cost the Lions some opportunities today. Foster needs to be benched, too. He isnt very good.

Would that be the same Foster who held one of the best pass rushing DE in the league to no sacks in the first week? Yes he had three off sides and those need to be corrected no doubt but the job he did against the DE in week one was pretty darn good.

Oline did a good job pass protecting Kitna, he had all kinds of time on several occasions today. In reading all the viking posts on another board I was curious how the Lions Oline would do in the pass blocking....pretty darn good.

Agreed. He's gonna get injured at some point, but he's fun to watch when he's on the field.

I remember hearing on one of the local stations that Kitna was in someone's grill (someone big) last year. The radio guy (pretty sure it was a former Lion, or at least a former Pro) said that Kitna was the only QB he would bet on in a fight in that situation because he was just that tough. Anyone remember that or have a link?

That was a great sign of respect, IMO, but really, that this team is rallying around the QB is a great sign.

All in all, I think the team captain's were chosen correctly, and I am happy with every single one of them. Perhaps knowing whom to follow, and actually doing so, will lead to good things. Regardless, the captains are showing the exact things this team needs. I credit that to Marinelli for pointing out what to consider in what a great leader is.

In previous years, negative and "player" guys were voted in. This year we get real leaders and team first guys. That is important, and I think an overlooked part of Marinelli's influence on this team.

Somewhat concerning is that O'Sullivan looked like super Kitna in all of the bad ways (i.e. the boneheaded decisions and killer turnovers) so Kitna really needs to be more careful and not get himself killed.

I love how Redding and Rogers are playing and Ernie Sims has been very solid so far this year. Still not very high on Boss Bailey though.

Good to see Alexander get an INT, at least 1/3 of our 2nd round picks are making a contribution