redshark63

Clevlen & Rapada Recalled

I also would have brought up Shelton 1 question about him in spring training he works out behind the plate with the catchers he was brought up as a catcher why not turn him back into a catcher full time. pick up Pudge's option give Shelton 1 year of extensive work behind the plate to see if he could replace Pudge in 2009 Inge made a position switch in the middle of his career

I also would have brought up Shelton 1 question about him in spring training he works out behind the plate with the catchers he was brought up as a catcher why not turn him back into a catcher full time. pick up Pudge's option give Shelton 1 year of extensive work behind the plate to see if he could replace Pudge in 2009 Inge made a position switch in the middle of his career

I doubt that Shelton will ever play for Leyland again.

Shelton was too slow to be a catcher and had a poor arm. He'd get run on constantly. His bat WAS his ticket to the Majors and he lost that. He might be one of those career Triple-A players at this point and an average one at that.

Why does Leyland hate Shelton so much? I noticed he had a problem with Spurling last year and someone else but I can't think of him right now.

When American League pitchers threw pitches where Shelton could extend his arms and drive the ball the other way, Leyland loved him. When American League pitchers learned how to get him out, Leyland didn't care for him. Why is that surprising? Leyland's job is to win ballgames, not to keep Chris Shelton drawing a Major League salary for minor league performance. If Shelton would learn how to turn on the ball, Leyland would love him again. Hell, we'd all love him again.

I don't think he hates Shelton, he just doesn't want a guy who can only play 1st base and has a sub .800 OPS in AAA

...but he's ok giving playing time to Neifi, Santiago, Timo, Sean Casey, Inge, Hessman, etc., etc.,.....

I really dont want to see Clevlen get any PT. I've really soured on him.....he just cant hit.

I was just asking you guys. I didn't know if it was a personal thing or not. I wasn't trying to defend Shelton or anything liek that so I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

Why does Leyland hate Shelton so much? I noticed he had a problem with Spurling last year and someone else but I can't think of him right now.

Is it because he's no good?

IN early last year, right after his hot start, I said Shelton would be out of baseball by the time he's 30.

...but he's ok giving playing time to Neifi, Santiago, Timo, Sean Casey, Inge, Hessman, etc., etc.,.....

You think maybe the positions they play have something to do with that? And Hessman has had a far better year than Shelton has.

IN early last year, right after his hot start, I said Shelton would be out of baseball by the time he's 30.

I remember you said that after his 2005 hot start.

Clevlen is worse.

But Clevlen has demonstrated he can play defense. I could see putting him in a ballgame where a sac fly could win the game for the other team.

Can't somebody on this forum please teach this guy how to hit.

Best defensive outfielder in our organization, except for Grandy, even though Clevlen has a far better arm.

He reminds me of Kaline defensively, though I don't recall Kaline playing much if any center field, though I am sure he could have.

Clevlen is worse.

I'd rather have an automatic out who can play all three outfield positions well than one who can play first base well.

As for the other players mentioned, Santiago is a great defensive shortstop, Hessman stinks but at least he earned a call up by crushing the ball in the minors, same with Timo.

Neifi..well I can't justify that one, Inge hits about the same as Shelton and can play almost every position well so he's certainly better.

Clevlen came in for Maggs in the ninth; defense only. Leyland mentioned in his post game report that, while it isn't much, he will try to spell Maggs (with Clevlen)to give his heel some rest.

Clevlen came in for Maggs in the ninth; defense only. Leyland mentioned in his post game report that, while it isn't much, he will try to spell Maggs (with Clevlen)to give his heel some rest.

Do you think if Clevlen put on a Maggs Wig that he could pass for Maggs in the Outfield. Let Maggs bat and Clevlen with a Maggs wig play the outfield. After all it is a couple of hundred feet from the umpires and everyone knows that umpires can't see too good.