RSS Feeder

Tigers lose fifth in last seven games

the tigers have raised the white flag. they CAN still win the wild card. but they have done nothing to show they will pull out of this. I do'nt see any fire any urgency it's like their saying if we make the playoffs that's great if we do'nt oh well. thats not acceptable

the tigers have raised the white flag. they CAN still win the wild card. but they have done nothing to show they will pull out of this. I do'nt see any fire any urgency it's like their saying if we make the playoffs that's great if we do'nt oh well. thats not acceptable

I am shocked you didn't start a new thread about this mr. cummings.

I actually think that, long term, not having as much success this season is the Tigers did last season is beneficial as it will cause a reexamination of certain facets of the organizition and the developement (or lack thereof and decline) of certain players.

Agreed.

Of course, only rubes talk about hope. Real fans don't just happily accept the ride to .500 baseball and mediocrity on the Gumdrops & Sunshine Express. Show me the trophies.

Unless we see a 100% heathy Sheffield, 100% healthy Rogers, and better pitching from Bonderman, we're screwed for this year. Those are the important factors, and not how they perform against one particular team i.e. the White Sux.

I actually think that, long term, not having as much success this season is the Tigers did last season is beneficial as it will cause a reexamination of certain facets of the organizition and the developement (or lack thereof and decline) of certain players.

I think this is a great post. Earlier in the year I accused Verlander of phoning it in. The problem can be that if young players achieve success early in their career they can think it's an entitlement.

Regardless of what happens this year I think there are some young players who are going to have a different off season approach to their training regiment so that they can avoid the dog day tail off.

Thanks Biff! I agree with everything you said.

I really feel that there were some overachievers on last years team and that the prevailing CW was that they had responded to a new coaching staff and were driven by a competitive atmosphere. Now some of those overacheivers have come back down to earth (for various reasons) and DD may take a different view of them and how they fit with the Tigers going forward.

I expect the vast majority of the 25 man roster to look the same, however, I think the approach taken by managment towards certain players may change. I also think instead of one big splash in the offseason, like we had last year, that several smaller splashes may be made instead (things similar to the Polanco trade or signing Kenny Rogers - moves along those lines).

I agree. Our superb pitching last year masked our deficiencies at LF, 1B, and 3B. Also, Monroe and Inge masked their deficiencies by not being so deficient last year. There really are a lot of holes in the lineup right now.

I don't expect free agency or trades to fix them all, expecially by 2008. I'm actually more optimistic about 2009+, when the current players in the farm system begin to approach major league readiness.

I don't expect free agency or trades to fix them all, expecially by 2008. I'm actually more optimistic about 2009+, when the current players in the farm system begin to approach major league readiness.

While the Tigers may end up with the same record in 2008 as what they will get in 2007, I think the level of play will be more consistant between games and throughout the year.

I agree that 2009 looks to be THE year, but with some semi-minor changes I think 2008 could make the Tigers a 90+ win team (and after that all you need is some luck)

Evidently.

I simply asked to find out why, nothing more. don't be so defensive.

I simply asked to find out why, nothing more. don't be so defensive.

Sorry, I will put a smiley up next time so you know I am joking.

If I was really pissed I wouldn't have explained as much as what I did.