slim pickens

Lions claim Saftey off waivers.....

FWIW: this is from Pro Football Weekly after this year's draft:

Washington State SS Eric Frampton has great intangibles and fits the culture that Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin is trying to establish in the locker room. Frampton is a good football player who could be effective playing in the box. He could challenge Stuart Schweigert for playing time and contribute on special teams. This is a solid pick that goes against the typical Al Davis "measurables" philosophy.

Anyone else find it ironic that we're claiming another teams 5th round pick off waivers when he simply could have just drafted him with that 4th round pick we just cut?

Maybe he knows who will be the Oakland QB against the Lions this week. Pump him for info & then release him.

Anyone else find it ironic that we're claiming another teams 5th round pick off waivers when he simply could have just drafted him with that 4th round pick we just cut?

*Pre-Bullocks season ending injury.*

He'll be the Lions 4th safety, so he'll be needed for depth.

*Pre-Bullocks season ending injury.*

He'll be the Lions 4th safety, so he'll be needed for depth.

The only depth the Lions will need is in the foxholes when teams are torching the defense.

Now Baldwin has been released to make room for Frampton. Should this be it's own thread? (LOL).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Forget Johnny Baldwin..we should sign James Baldwin..at least he might be able to teach Rob Parker a thing or two about writing

when I thought we had picked up Donovan Darius who got cut by the Raiders I should'nt have gotten my hopes up that would be a great pickup

Forget Johnny Baldwin..we should sign James Baldwin..at least he might be able to teach Rob Parker a thing or two about writing

Could seduce him too. :speech:

when I thought we had picked up Donovan Darius who got cut by the Raiders I should'nt have gotten my hopes up that would be a great pickup

May pick him up after the first game when his contract in not guaranteed.

"Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand ..."

As this thread has caused the lyrics and beat of "Do You Feel Like I Do" to rattle around in my head the last few days.

I hope this guy is good ...

Does this count as another "draft pick" that we used to help the defense this year?

Sure, so does Davis. Frampton moreso since he'll get plenty of PT.

Hampton or Frampton? The Free Press says his name is Frampton, but the News says his name is Hampton.

freep

The Lions claimed safety Eric Frampton off waivers from Oakland and waived linebacker Johnny Baldwin to make room for him on the 53-man roster.

They drafted Baldwin in the fifth round this year, 158th overall, seven spots before the Raiders drafted Frampton. They had hoped to sign Baldwin to the practice squad, but Kansas City claimed him off waivers.

Coach Rod Marinelli compared Frampton to safety Gerald Alexander, whom the Lions drafted in the second round this year.

"He's got good ball skills," Marinelli said. "He's got real good awareness, good instincts, good guy. We had a good grade on him."

News

Personnel dept.

Rookie safety Eric Hampton was claimed on waivers late Sunday and practiced Monday. He was waived by the Raiders, who drafted him in the fifth round out of Washington State.

Hampton will back up rookie Gerald Alexander at free safety. Alexander was a second-round pick.

"We liked him (Hampton) coming out," coach Rod Marinelli said.

"He showed pretty well on tape. He's got good ball skills. He's a lot like Gerald. We had a good grade on him."

He was well-regarded out here in Cougar Country. Is willing to tackle. Not a burner.