jackson_cannery

Official "Calm Down, Michigan's Season Isn't Over" Thread

I love how "the season isnt over" for Michigan, but when I suggested that Boise State should have been the National Champions last year, everyone scoffed here.

:confused:

I love how "the season isn't over" for Michigan and I had chicken for lunch.

This would be more like if the Russians lost to Mexico in Ice Hockey at Lake Placid.

Except that Mexico wouldn't have won the last two 1-AA championships while compiling a record of 26-4 the last two seasons. You make it sound like 1-AA schools never beat 1-AAA schools which isn't true. Not to mention that App. St. is the best college FB team at their level. I give big kudos to App. St......they beat, in all likelihood, an arrogant and poorly prepared team. But to suggest that they are 'not good' on the basis of one game is laughable. I'm kind of surprised at the hatred some people have of UM (and I'm not suggesting you BTW).

Except that Mexico wouldn't have won the last two 1-AA championships while compiling a record of 26-4 the last two seasons. You make it sound like 1-AA schools never beat 1-AAA schools which isn't true. Not to mention that App. St. is the best college FB team at their level. I give big kudos to App. St......they beat, in all likelihood, an arrogant and poorly prepared team. But to suggest that they are 'not good' on the basis of one game is laughable. I'm kind of surprised at the hatred some people have of UM (and I'm not suggesting you BTW).

They never beat ranked ones. Or hadn't.

And for the record, I still think Michigan will put together a quality season this year.

Seasons over. Only a Michigan homer would say otherwise.

This program is over as far as I'm concerned. What a mediocre one it has become.

Seasons over. Only a Michigan homer would say otherwise.

This program is over as far as I'm concerned. What a mediocre one it has become.

Sentence 1 - absolutely true.

Sentence 2 - absurd.

I don't see how anyone can be a Lloyd Carr supporter right now.

Those in Scarlet and Gray probably love the man. I must say, I kinda feel for him too, and we haven't beaten him in 5 years :-).

What a beautiful day.

Sentence 1 - absolutely true.

Sentence 2 - absurd.

:lick:

We've had what, 2 or 3 2 loss seasons or less in about 15 years. Yeah I admit I was being sarcastic a bit, but come on this program isn't top ten anymore. I think some of our recruiting has been overblown and overrated. Mundy,Burgess,Bass,Grady,Jamison........

We just don't get the Florida,USC type of depth when it comes to talent.

We've had a lot of Prescott Burgess's in my eyes. Really though Carr needs to get lost. We need a entire different philosophy. I feel as if College football has passed Michigan up. They have started to turn Lion-esque for me, but when growing up they seemed like the Niners.

The season is over as far as any serious threat for a top bowl game. If we can't win this one what makes anyone think we will go the rest of the way without a bump? I've seen the too often as of late predictable turnout for a Michigan season. It's getting old.

The entire nation is laughing at Michigan. This loss was beyond tragic. Appalachian State didnt just pull off a miracle upset, they physically beat an ill prepared and not that talented Michigan team. The secondary is a disgrace. We all knew it wasnt that good but they are so slow and so weak that any number of high school QB's would shred it. A bigger surprise is how inadequate the front seven are. Appalachian State ran the ball at will on Michigan. Inside outside, we had no answers. Our lineman didnt penetrate and our linebackers were easily nuetralized at the point of attack. The team speed is frighteningly slow.

As for the offense can you say overrated?

The season isnt only over in August but Id be willing to bet our recruiting class takes a huge hit. After watching that game can you imagine a guy like Mcguffie saying F my verbal commitment im going shopping for a new school?

This is the worst loss in the history of college sports. It ranks right there with the miracle on ice as the biggest upset ever. LLLLLLoyd must be fired and if I was AD it would have been done last night.

What? WHAT? How is the season not over?

MICHIGAN JUST LOST TO A 1-AA SCHOOL! AT HOME!

The season is officially over. O-V-E-R.

You can win the rest of your games this season and it doesn't ****ing matter. YOU LOST TO A I-AA School.

The season is over. Lloyd will quit at the end of the year and HOPEFULLY Bill martin will have the f'ing balls to name a new coach that doesn't still live in 1975.

Seriously. It's over.

Buddha gets it. If this happened to OSU, I'd probably have posted pretty much the same thing (except for the Lloyd part). I'm not sure how the silver lining of a BSC bowl can be brought up when you know that UofM's 2007 team will forever have an * next to it. Plus, if you can't beat a 1-AA team, how the heck are you going to assume you can roll through the rest of the schedule unscathed?

I wonder what the ramifications will be for the B10+1 after this and last seasons' debacles in the bowls? This has to cement the conference as no better than 3rd toughest at best behind the SEC and PAC10. Does this drag the conference lower than the ACC? The Big East? The Big 12?

:lick:

We've had what, 2 or 3 2 loss seasons or less in about 15 years. Yeah I admit I was being sarcastic a bit, but come on this program isn't top ten anymore. I think some of our recruiting has been overblown and overrated. Mundy,Burgess,Bass,Grady,Jamison........

Bass and Jamison? WTF?

Dude. They just lost to Appalachian State. Isn't this the first time a I-AA school has beaten a Division I school?

It's the first time a 1AA school beat a ranked 1A school. I thought for sure when a 1AA school would finally beat a ranked 1A school, it would be a good 1AA over a ranked MAC or WAC school. Boy, was I way off...

Dude. They just lost to Appalachian State. Isn't this the first time a I-AA school has beaten a Division I school?

The rest of the season doesn't mean shiite. seriously, it means n

[PHP]

[RIGHT][B][U][/U][/B][/RIGHT]

[/PHP]

othing. Emotion or no emotion, that was the lowest point in the history of Michigan football.

I don't see how anyone can be a Lloyd Carr supporter right now.

First off I think if was the first time a D1AA team has beaten a ranked D1 team. They said they beat Wake Forest 5 times.

This was embarrassing but let me tell you what I care about as a michigan fan.

#1 win the big ten

#2 beat Ohio State

#3 beat Notre Dame

#4 beat MSU.

All goals still in reach. And I think 2-4 are going to happen! And if we do who is going to talked smack. Just say you just lost to the team that lost to app state what does that say about your team.

First off I think if was the first time a D1AA team has beaten a ranked D1 team. They said they beat Wake Forest 5 times.

This was embarrassing but let me tell you what I care about as a michigan fan.

#1 win the big ten

#2 beat Ohio State

#3 beat Notre Dame

#4 beat MSU.

All goals still in reach. And I think 2-4 are going to happen! And if we do who is going to talked smack. Just say you just lost to the team that lost to app state what does that say about your team.

Based on what i've heard about our play, I don't see #1 as an option. 2-4 are options based on down or rebuilding years for those teams, but they'll still be tough. I think ND flat out sucks, but it doesn't matter, because they'll play Demetrius Jones and probably throw in the option....man that would be a long day for us.

I heard someone talk about the Sagarin rankings that had App state ahead of many D1-A schools, including MSU. Those rankings were based mostly on their win/loss record for last year. If MSU played APP state 12 games last year and the over/under for wins for MSU is 9, I would have salivating as I was dropping my life savings on the over.

Michigan's season is over. Carr's job still has life assuming he beats OSU.

It seems the folks in Vegas don't think Michigan's season is over. UM opens as an 8.5 point favorite at home over Oregon this weekend.

It seems the folks in Vegas don't think Michigan's season is over. UM opens as an 8.5 point favorite at home over Oregon this weekend.

I would lay as much money as possible on Oregon. There is NO WAY UofM beats that spread.

Does Oregon have a scrambling QB? If so I'm gonna go take out a loan to place a huge bet.

I heard ND was going to start Clausen. MISTAKE! If they don't start a running QB against Michigan Weiss should be fired.

I'm not sure what "this season's over" means. Are the Michigan fans who are saying this not going to watch another Michigan game because it's pointless?

I'll still watch every Michigan game I can see and enjoy it unless they're playing like ****. While Saturday's loss was beyond humiliating, I'm still going to try to enjoy the rest of the season.

If they win the Big Ten they'll exceed my pre-season (and current) expectations, and I'd consider it a successful season. More realistically, I think they'll go 7-5 and I'll be calling for Carr to retire like everyone else, but I'm not going to stop watching just because they lost one game.

Another thing worth point out around this time: Northwestern in 1995 lost to Miami of Ohio and Wisconsin in 1999 lost to Cincinnati. Both teams rebounded and managed to make it to the Rose Bowl. I'm not saying Michigan will have a good season, but certainly other teams have bounced back for terrible losses.

Yes, Dennis Dixon.

I don't care what happened last week. If you put any money on a Dennis Dixon led team playing on the road, you deserve to lose all of it.

I heard ND was going to start Clausen. MISTAKE! If they don't start a running QB against Michigan Weiss should be fired.

Soon the national media will realize Charlie Weis is not a good coach. He's a great offensive mind but that's it. I see him having a similar path of Ty Willingham - start off with a couple good seasons followed up by terrible seasons followed up by the boot.

I'm hoping for at least an 0-8 start for Notre Dame. I'd be downright thrilled if they lose to a service academy.