DetroitCoastie

Official Fire CARR Thread!

After today's embarassment we are once again the laughing stock of college football. It all comes back to one man's shoulders, Mr. Carr. He needs to be fired on the spot after his newest example of making Michigan the laughing stock of College Football.

If you agree please vent below.... I am going to the bar now and try to bury my sorrows in the bottle.

This was a great post.

Face it, folks.

His time has come and gone.

He has no fresh ideas how to run a team. He can't run an offense. His team are often unprepared. He gets outcoached often. His bowl record leaves a lot to be desired. Today was simply embarassing for Carr's standards.

It's one thing to lose to Ohio State last year, but it's another to lose to an 1-AA team.

Say what you want about Oklahoma in the bowl game, but at least they were prepared and they played hard. Boise St played over their heads and somehow got it done. Michigan looked unprepared and that's on Carr.

At least UM still has their nations best public school academics to fall back on.

Because their basketball (scandal) and football programs' reputations have been shot.

Like I posted in the game thread, Arkansas lost 10-3 to D-1AA The Citadel in 1992 and fired their coach the next morning.

Carr deserves to be fired after that display.

Man it would be nice for Kevin Koger to reconsider his verbal to UM and go to Ohio State.

I think Carr should stay. I enjoy watching thousands of UMich wannabes spout fire and venom after he blows his 2+ games each season and gets embarrased in the bowl game.

Like I posted in the game thread, Arkansas lost 10-3 to D-1AA The Citadel in 1992 and fired their coach the next morning.

Carr deserves to be fired after that display.

If I were the UM athletic director I would fire him right now. No question about it. No team should come out an look this under-prepared. It was time after the bowl game to let him retire with his dignity. Now its time to go...

I am still wondering why go for two in several occasions in this game. With the way Applachian State was playing, you can't take risks like that. You go for the tie and play good Defense which they were starting to do late in the game.

I am still wondering why go for two in several occasions in this game. With the way Applachian State was playing, you can't take risks like that. You go for the tie and play good Defense which they were starting to do late in the game.

I couldn't agree more. You don't go chasing those points in the 3 quarter. TERRIBLE game coaching by Carr.

Right now if he was fired, I wouldn't care.

The only thing they could do at this point is put Hermann in as an interim but I would hope they would take a serious look nationwide at the end of the season.

My only question would be how do they get Herrmann away from his commitments with the New York Jets. Would Michigan try to buy out his contract?

Personally if they were going to make a change I would like to see a current or ex-SEC coach get tapped for the position.

I kind of hope Lloyd Carr stays for years. At least till after Jim Tressel owns him one last time this November.

My biggest coaching decision was trying the field goal to put them up four. I thought the logical decision would have been to go for it. Basically, it's risk vs. reward. Go for it, make the first, game over. Go for it, miss it, and take your chances that you can prevent them from scoring.

At least UM still has their nations best public school academics to fall back on.

Because their basketball (scandal) and football programs' reputations have been shot.

Cal-Berkley, UCLA, and Virginia say hi. The best public school in the Big Ten certainly.

You know how you know your team sucks? When you start talking about how good your school is.

What a depressing day.

Cal-Berkley, UCLA, and Virginia say hi. The best public school in the Big Ten certainly.

You know how you know your team sucks? When you start talking about how good your school is.

i'm not a Michigan fan. hell i was just saying that to their defense.

there is no way Carr has a job tomorrow.

Carr should not make it through the rest of this day as coach of the Michigan Football team. If Martin doesn't fire him, then Martin should be fired.

Carr should not make it through the rest of this day as coach of the Michigan Football team. If Martin doesn't fire him, then Martin should be fired.

Exactly

What's the point in firing him? To start the Mike DeBord era? Forgive me if I'm less than excited.