ironside

Sure seems like Cleveland's year

I thought we would pick up some ground on them tonight they were losing 5-2 in the bottom of the 8th they just scored 6 off the putrid White Sox bullpen final score Indians 8 White sox 5 can't seem to catch a break

Before anyone crucifies you for this topic...

...I will agree. Cleveland has everything going right for them this year as the Tigers did last year.

And if they are indeed the 2006 Tigers reincarnated, then the Tigers will end up in first ;)

Even if Cleveland makes it to the WS they won't win. Why? Kenny Lofton. He's always a bridesmaid but never a bride.

Thats not why they won't win.

They're Cleveland. That shoud be enough to lose a WS.

The sun don't shine on the same dog's *** everyday.

Well they've been inexplicably winning all year so for some reason it's sunny in Ohio.

If we aren't going to make the playoffs, I really hope that Cleveland gets to the WS and chokes it away in game 7 again.

You never know what's around the corner. A 10-game losing streak might be in Cleveland's near future. The Tigers could reel off 7-8 wins in a row at the same time and be in the division lead by the middle of September. Remember, childrens, this is baseball. Funny things be happening in baseball.

September will answer a lot of questions that really can't be answered just yet. It is the month of miracles and heartbreaks, and it's just getting started.

Before anyone crucifies you for this topic...

...I will agree. Cleveland has everything going right for them this year as the Tigers did last year.

And if they are indeed the 2006 Tigers reincarnated, then the Tigers will end up in first ;)

Why would he be crucified? Its one thing when we have bitching and screaming over a decision by Leyland or the attitude that we are supposed to win the league every year and the reality of the season. The problem with the Dominos of the world are they are masochistic in their approach to sports and probably should just stop watching for the sake of the rest of us. Pointing out the fact that Indians seem to have everything going their way is a truthful observation and doesn't beg a response of disdain like so many other posts in this forum which are probably just penned for a response and to get other fans riled up.

Now we are over sensitive to being over sensitive?

You never know what's around the corner. A 10-game losing streak might be in Cleveland's near future. The Tigers could reel off 7-8 wins in a row at the same time and be in the division lead by the middle of September. Remember, childrens, this is baseball. Funny things be happening in baseball.

That's been 1 of the most frustrating things for me in the 2nd half. We haven't had any of those 9-10 game winning streaks, or something like 18 out of 21. We seem to be able to snag a game here & there to stop long losing streaks but we haven't put a long one together.

We're due.

I'm just glad Michigan football starts today. Too bad I won't be able to see it.

According to BP, the Tigers now have a better chance of winning the wildcard than they do the division.

I'm still holding out hope.

I'd rather have Cleveland in the WS than a certain team from Boston...

Not me. Boston fans, while obnoxious at times, at least sell out their stadium regularly. A lot of Cleveland games still aren't being sold out.

Why would he be crucified? Its one thing when we have bitching and screaming over a decision by Leyland or the attitude that we are supposed to win the league every year and the reality of the season. The problem with the Dominos of the world are they are masochistic in their approach to sports and probably should just stop watching for the sake of the rest of us. Pointing out the fact that Indians seem to have everything going their way is a truthful observation and doesn't beg a response of disdain like so many other posts in this forum which are probably just penned for a response and to get other fans riled up.

Now we are over sensitive to being over sensitive?

Whatever.

Fact is that Leyland and DD are partially to blame for this mess. We are a playoff team and they have played a large role (as have injuries and players not performing) in this mess.

Not me. Boston fans, while obnoxious at times, at least sell out their stadium regularly. A lot of Cleveland games still aren't being sold out.

Ah, you misunderstand me. It's not the fans in the stadium, it's the never-ending supply of bandwaggoners who come into town every year and act like complete idiots. I'm a selfish person and I'd just as soon not have to pay extra taxes for riot control for a team I can't stand.

I hate most of the players on the team. There are a couple on the team that I can't help but like (and one or two I don't like but have to respect).

Whatever.

Fact is that Leyland and DD are partially to blame for this mess. We are a playoff team and they have played a large role (as have injuries and players not performing) in this mess.

Are you serious? With a statement like that I wonder if you have even followed the team this year or watch the games. Injuries are SOLELY to blame for their struggles now. The pitchign staff has not been 100% healthy for even ONE game this entire year. Heck, it hasn't even been 75% healthy for a good chunk of the year.To blame Leyland and DD and say they have played a "large" role in the their struggles is idiotic.

Congratulations to the 2007 AL Central division champion Cleveland Indians. I am now turning my focus to Tyrus' 1907 AL pennant race (I like our chances) and to this year's wildcard race (I don't like our chances, as much due to the Yankees' cupcake schedule here on in as to our team weaknesses and 3 game deficit).

lol a lot? Try all. Cleveland has sold out 2 games this season, and both have been against the Tigers because our fans fill their stadium.

Congratulations to the 2007 AL Central division champion Cleveland Indians. I am now turning my focus to Tyrus' 1907 AL pennant race (I like our chances) and to this year's wildcard race (I don't like our chances, as much due to the Yankees' cupcake schedule here on in as to our team weaknesses and 3 game deficit).

Wait, is it the end of September already? Crap. I missed the first month of the semester.