Shinma

Bills @ Lions: Preseason game #4. 8/30/07

Shown live (7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST) on NFL network outside of the Detroit area. I believe it is subject to blackout...

Three running plays in a row?! All with positive results? A 3rd and 8 conversion? Where are the Lions I know?

...and a D-Linemen converted to RB catches a pass out in the flat, theres the Lions I know... haha.

MVP for 3, from 51 yards, its good.

Lions 3 - Bills 0.

Russell drops a pass where he was WIDE OPEN by 10 yards.

Buffalo contacts a punt inside their 5 and the Lions recover. 1st and goal from the 5 for the Lions.

The Lions cant move the ball at all... two TJ Duckete no gainers followed by an incomplete pass... thats just a killer.

MVP for 3 again.

Lions 6 - Bills 0.

Lions recover a fumbled snap for their second takeaway.

I dont know if Russell gets cut over that, but my household wasnt very happy with him...

The Lions give up 50 yards in a Bills 2:00 drill drive and the Bills kick a FG as time for the half expires.

13-3 Lions.

Halftime.

My cable DVR says this game is on but it is showing something else.... is it blacked out because they couldn't sell out the stadium?

My cable DVR says this game is on but it is showing something else.... is it blacked out because they couldn't sell out the stadium?

Most likely.

Kasper: Youre cute without the "e" man. Incorrect route running inside the redzone leading to an incompletion and a field goal, and tried an ill advised return and fumbled the ball away.

Lions lose, 16-13. Almost all of the points were scored against backups and reserves, though. The Lions inability to run the ball hurts. (How many times was TJ Duckett stopped on short yardage?)

SO far, I am not impressed with TJ or Brian Calhoun. TJ falls down to easliy. He runs very soft for his size and he can't make anyone miss. Calhoun looks very slow and he too can't make anyone miss. Part of me wishes they would have picked up a qb in the laters rounds (edwards, beck) and drafted a mlb. Maybe we can trade a ol for a safety to be on the safe side (no pun intended). It is critical that this team starts out fast, get thier confidence up. They have a chance to start out 3-2. Can't wait to see all the starters jelling though. Go lions!!!!!

If the Bucs release Bruce Gradkowski, I'd like to see the lions pick him up. I see alot of upside with him. Maybe I am biased because I live in Toledo and watched him play ball. He has the leadership abilities to be the starter when Kitna is done. What do you guys think?

I watched the first 3 quarters or so of this game. I was pleased to see the defense actually play pretty well. Of course, moving from facing Manning to Losman might have something to do with that. We actually got some pressure on the QB at times and the secondary didn't look totally inept.

However, I was TOTALLY disappointed with the offense, especially in short yardage situations. We just could NOT get the ball moving forward in those situations, and that will be a big problem in the regular season.

that return by Kasper was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time

Yep. Not only that, he screwed up his route running in the red zone to the point where Martz was screaming and yelling at him on the sidelines. Maybe he was pressing, trying to make something happen? Well, he did, and hes likely getting cut for his efforts.

Rosenberg had a funny and accurate summary of the game in his column.

Thursday night's final score: Players Who Probably Won't Make the Bills 16, Guys Who Might Not Be Lions Next Week 13.

Yeah the cutdowns are going to be swift, and there is a bunch of them to make. Hopefully Kitna can move the offense better than JTO can, otherwise my 6 win prediction might have been overstated.

This was my first game at Ford Field. I really like this stadium, but holy crap do they really have to charge $40 to park. I was driving around the stadium trying to park and i couldnt believe that the lowest was $20. I could have parked way out for $10 but i dont trust a guy who lets me park in his repair shop. I ended up doin my Tigers parking thing....Nemo's.

If it's the repair shop that I park at when I go to the Tigers there is no problem. Nice people, they even grill out after the game and ask if you're hungry.

I was at a high school football game and by the time I got out it was in the fourth quarter. I heard that but that meant nothing really.

I went home figuring it would be on later at night and never found it.

Even though the game was played with players who probably will get cut, it was the same old sorry Lions that let a rookie QB they could have drafted march down the field with ease and win the game. Same thing will happen with our "starters". This team is doomed again.