redshark63

Post Sept 1 Call-ups

Tigers announced 4 Mud Hens will be called up on Saturday:

Mike Hessman

Omar Infante

Yorman Bazardo

Jose Capellan

Additionally, we can assume that Andrew Miller will not be far behind.

Interesting that this year, the org is pulling up players from their playoff bound team, Toledo. In the past years (including last year), the parent club resisted that. When the Tigers were bad, they left them down so that they could help win Something and last year, the team was healthy enough, I suppose, that they saw no need to.

I believe this has been talked about elsewhere (ya' think??), but the Shelton snub is complete.

Did I miss something? Isn't Miller already up?

They sent him down for Vasquez today.

Did I miss something? Isn't Miller already up?

He was sent down today.

Shark,

I think it has to do with the fact that all of those mentioned have spent time on the 25 man.

Tigers announced 4 Mud Hens will be called up on Saturday:

Mike Hessman

Omar Infante

Yorman Bazardo

Jose Capellan

Additionally, we can assume that Andrew Miller will not be far behind.

Interesting that this year, the org is pulling up players from their playoff bound team, Toledo. In the past years (including last year), the parent club resisted that. When the Tigers were bad, they left them down so that they could help win Something and last year, the team was healthy enough, I suppose, that they saw no need to.

Those are the guys that make sense I guess. And yes it is a change to pull guys from a playoff team isn't it? In the past a championship at any level would have seemed like an accomplishment but I think that the bar has been raised now.

I believe this has been talked about elsewhere (ya' think??), but the Shelton snub is complete.

Geez. I hadn't looked at his numbers in a while.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=512

Absolutely brutal, especially when compared to the carnage that was left in the wakes of Thames and Monroe when they were in that league. He hasn't given them a reason to give him another spring training invite, much less a September callup. Leon Durham made some pretty unflattering remarks a couple of months ago too.

as a hens fan living in Toledo this sucks hopefully they can still win the playoffs. The 2 new guys will replace Bazardo and Capellan on the Toledo Roster butwho replaces Hessman and Infante. The Tigers should not call these guys up untill the minor league season is over

I am listening to the Mud Hens game they just said that Aqualino Lopez was also getting called up to the Tigers. I think thats wrong he was outrighted to Toledo to make room for parada on the 40 man roster.

To be honest, if the Tigers in the end don't win the Series, I would love to see a Mud Hens championship.

Gogo Mud Hens!

You are saying you'd sacrifice the Tigers making the playoffs for a minor league championship?

The Tigers probably don't care about gutting Toledo because none of their top-shelf prospects are on that team. They're mostly all vets or AAAA players who don't really need that "winning experience" to build towards their nondescript futures.

You are saying you'd sacrifice the Tigers making the playoffs for a minor league championship?

Heck no.

But if the Tigers don't win, I'd like to see atleast the Mud Hens win.

It's too bad about Chris Shelton. I wonder if his amazing power surge last April -- and the non-stop national attention it brought -- ruined him? He was the lead story on "Baseball Tonight" quite a few times,a nd it all seemed to get in his head.

Now, he can't hit a lick. That doesn't make sense, because he's always hit. But he's floundering around .260 in AAA, with only a handful of homers and RBI. It's too bad...

I just think he got hot. It happened at the beginning of the year so it got a lot of attention. He could have done it from May 19-June15 and nobody would have noticed.

Pirates aren't looking so dumb now are they?