RSS Feeder

Tigers shut out by Royals pitching

Tigers shut out by Royals pitching

Posted by Conor Nicholl on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:05:00 EDT.

Before Wednesday's game, manager Jim Leyland called Andrew Miller a typical pitcher one year removed from college. In other words, a pitcher with a live arm, tremendous potential and stuff -- and one who is prone to inconsistencies.

More...

I have gotten a reputation on this forum as Mr negative after 1 loss. I care about the tigers I want them to do well I was spoiled by last years magical season. Can they still make the playoffs? yes. will they? who knows. Not if they continue to play the way they have been. Something I saw on the broadcast last night really ticked me off. the shot of Thames in the dugout laughing his head off in the 9th inning after sleep walking through the whole game. Someone on that club needs to break some clubhouse furnature and get pissed off. the way they are playing is unacceptable but if they do'nt care why should I. we'll just sit on our couches and watch cleveland in the playoffs

Ugh.

The only way they're going to get out of this slump is to NOT hang their damn heads. Take it one day at a time. This is what all good teams do. They don't need to get all emotion after every game like some of you guys do.

If he sat in a corner crying would the Tigers have won?